• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebron and Phil Jackson

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you think he uses the word posse to describe dirk and his friends or love and his friends or porzingis and his friends?

i sure dont.

What a ridiculous comparison.

First of all, he wasn't talking about any of them so we don't know what he would have said.

Also, neither of those guys are known for having a bunch of their friends as business partners. Nor do any of them have the reputation of being a bunch of divas like Lebron and his friends.

Additionally, neither of them are on Lebron's level as players in the league, so Phil likely doesn't even consider it worth his time to troll them.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you see the NWA movie with Ice Cube's son as Cube?

remember the scene where Dre has Pac in the studio- Dre and walks out into the lobby of the studio and sees Suge and all those gansters sitting around- that didnt do anything or contribute anything and are just pure-hangers on?--and Dre goes crazy- saying- tHATS my name on the wall- who the EFF are you-- that is what i envision when someone uses the word "posse".

Maverick CArter and Rich Paul are millionaires in their own right now. To call them a "posse" like that i thought was a clear message Jackson was sending.

Okay, now I get it.

Nobody has been willing to dumb it down for me.

If that's what Posse means to you, that's understandable.

But, it's not what it means to others and I don't think that's how Jackson meant it.

That's where the confusion comes in.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, now I get it.

Nobody has been willing to dumb it down for me.

If that's what Posse means to you, that's understandable.

But, it's not what it means to others.

thats what it means to Phil though from his own comments from 2004

ESPN’s Rachel Nichols posted an excerpt from Jackson’s book The Last Season, about his time with the 2004 Los Angeles Lakers, where he chided James for heading into the NBA straight out of high school: “The young men grow so dependent on their posse’s (sic), who fetch their cars and their girls, that they can’t possibly develop into mature, self-sufficient human beings. One day, I’m convinced we’ll find out the true extent of the psychological damage that’s being caused.”

I mean- id love to see the manuevering and written judo required to try and pass off Jackson's meaning of the word as anything but how LeBron and Phil himself characterized it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, what...Swappy P plays defense?:surprised:

Same thing I said. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. First time I saw it, I actually had to rewind and watch it again just to make sure.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With some of Wiggy's comments I find it easier to understand what he's saying if I read a comment backwards. Although sometimes that doesn't help either.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same thing I said. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. First time I saw it, I actually had to rewind and watch it again just to make sure.

Finally Swappy P is taking the proper steps to replace Kobe as the next great Laker.:yes:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
36481590.jpg

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil Jackson's 'posse' comment explains exactly why the Knicks are struggling i tend to agree with this guy:

Maybe the fact that Jackson is in the midst of the biggest failure of his professional career explains why he felt the need to take a shot at LeBron. In 2014, Jackson returned to New York, where his NBA career began, with the hopes of returning the franchise to its former glory. Instead, the team has been mired in mediocrity, unable to attract major free agents or even his first choice for head coach.

While Jackson was grappling with the difficulties of his situation, James returned to Cleveland and accomplished something even tougher: the city’s first championship since 1964.

There’s a lot happening here in this passage, but what’s most striking is that Jackson is currently describing one of the most powerful and influential individuals in American sports, and several highly successful businessmen, with the same language he used to describe him as a teenage prodigy hanging out with hypothetical hanger-ons. There is someone here whose attitude and views haven’t matured properly in the last 12 years – and it’s definitely not James.

Of course, maybe Jackson is just trapped in the past. That would explain a lot, most notably why he keeps trying to push his outdated Triangle Offense on his team despite consistent, universal pushback from his players and coaches. Who could blame Jackson for preferring to live in his phenomenally successful past rather than the depressing reality?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats what it means to Phil though from his own comments from 2004

ESPN’s Rachel Nichols posted an excerpt from Jackson’s book The Last Season, about his time with the 2004 Los Angeles Lakers, where he chided James for heading into the NBA straight out of high school: “The young men grow so dependent on their posse’s (sic), who fetch their cars and their girls, that they can’t possibly develop into mature, self-sufficient human beings. One day, I’m convinced we’ll find out the true extent of the psychological damage that’s being caused.”

I mean- id love to see the manuevering and written judo required to try and pass off Jackson's meaning of the word as anything but how LeBron and Phil himself characterized it.

Wow, another ridiculous comment. That's exactly what these posse's do for most of these guys that have them. And the comment was about guys coming straight to the NBA out of high school, not about race. I think he would have said the same thing about Kobe if Kobe was known for travelling around with a group of his friends like Lebron is.

Even Kobe has said that he doesn't think guys coming to the NBA straight out of high school is a good idea. He did it himself and would likely have gone to Duke for a season or 2 if he had it to do over.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now these baaad muther fukers are a posse that should never be messed with...

untitledreewr.png

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have the PC thing down! I want to know what you really think.. ;)
[

Honestly?

It's kinda a shitty perspective. But, I will be honest....

IF they really see it as a Slur, I wouldn't want to personally offend them...I wouldn't want to be insensitive to anyone who hasn't done anything to me PERSONALLY.

But, do I think you, The Redskins, The Indians and all their fans should have to give up your fandom, paraphernalia?

I honestly don't give a shit because it doesn't affect me directly.

I kinda feel bad admitting that. I'm not outraged because it doesn't affect me?

But, there it is in all it's ugly truth.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No posse intended

smith%20james%20thompson_1.png

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what this thread needs right now? Popcorn.

sorre Im late had to get enough popcorn for all of us.jpg

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly?

IF they really see it as a Slur, I wouldn't want to personally offend them...I wouldn't want to be insensitive to anyone who hasn't done anything to me PERSONALLY.

But, do I think you, The Redskins, The Indians and all their fans should have to give up your fandom, paraphernalia?

It doesn't bother me for a couple of reasons.

1.) As you say, it really doesn't affect me. I'm not Native American and I don't follow any teams with Native American names.

2.) I don't see a lot of Native Americans complaining about it. I suppose if I did, I would agree that those names should be changed. But if they don't seem bothered by it, why should I be?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly?

:thumb:

I think we ALL need to STFU and stop crying about what happened 50-200 years ago. Did any of us directly do any of this shit back in the 50s? 60s? 1800s? We have come a long way as a nation and are more diverse than ever. So why bitch and cry?

This is where we are ALL at now, so let's make the best of it and do good. Have some dam laughs and help people out.

It's like 50-60% of the people out there just need something to bitch about and you sure as hell know that the media will blow something out of wack.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:thumb:

I think we ALL need to STFU and stop crying about what happened 50-200 years ago. Did any of us directly do any of this shit back in the 50s? 60s? 1800s? We have come a long way as a nation and are more diverse than ever. So why bitch and cry?

This is where we are ALL at now, so let's make the best of it and do good. Have some dam laughs and help people out.

It's like 50-60% of the people out there just need something to bitch about and you sure as hell know that the media will blow something out of wack.

Stand together or fall apart.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Phil meant Lebron and his pussy? Not posse. :noidea:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am totally offended all lies!!!!

* runs out of the room screaming, goes on a shopping spree, eats 10 boxes of girl scout samoes cookies, slashes hubbies tires, while he calmly sits on the coach flipping channels.*

Hmmm, Mecca took my comments well...:dhd: