• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers Roll Call Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRum

You Cant Handle the Truth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw it proposed somewhere else :

CP3 for D12?

is that possible?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be an extremely dumb trade for the Clippers.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:sadbron:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be an extremely dumb trade for the Clippers.

Not necessarily!! Not saying it would be the best trade for them, but it wouldn't be extremely dumb.

Memphis pretty well abused the Clippers inside during that series. At least from a defensive standpoint, the Clippers get stronger in the paint and they have solid point guards on the team backing CP3.

The biggest downside for the Clippers is that Dwight is not the team leader that CP3 is.

There are also rumors out here that the Clippers aren't exactly sitting around the campfire singing Cumbayah. If true, it would be interesting to see if the Lakers and Clippers would dare do a couple of sign and trades and send each player across the hall!!

Even though the Clippers would be getting the short end of that trade, it would fill a need and be better than losing CP3 and getting nothing in return.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several of the pre-game shows on the tube have bantered about the scenario of CP3 for Dwight in a couple of sign and trades or CP3 for Pau. Whether the Clips and Lakers decide to do this remains to be witnessed because Short Buss is too damn dumb or blind to make a move on his own. This is something Mitch, Kobe, and Don'tknowi are going to have to convince him of as well as amnesting Kobe for rehab purposes.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily!! Not saying it would be the best trade for them, but it wouldn't be extremely dumb.

Memphis pretty well abused the Clippers inside during that series. At least from a defensive standpoint, the Clippers get stronger in the paint and they have solid point guards on the team backing CP3.

The biggest downside for the Clippers is that Dwight is not the team leader that CP3 is.

There are also rumors out here that the Clippers aren't exactly sitting around the campfire singing Cumbayah. If true, it would be interesting to see if the Lakers and Clippers would dare do a couple of sign and trades and send each player across the hall!!

Even though the Clippers would be getting the short end of that trade, it would fill a need and be better than losing CP3 and getting nothing in return.

If they're trading Chris Paul they need to get a player at his position who is a top 1O PG. You don't win in this league with your only really good players being at PF/C. Pretty sure they can find a better deal where they're getting a PG back in return.

They have 1 solid PG and he is nowhere near CP3. There is a reason they sucked when Paul was out of the lineup and Bledsoe had to start.

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That trade makes no sense. The Clippers will have Blake and Dwight, two players who don't know how to post up and Blake cannot spread the floor for Dwight. I don't understand why the Clippers would trade CP3 for Dwight. The Clippers need to trade Jordan and his big contract for a big man with actual basketball skills.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That trade makes no sense. The Clippers will have Blake and Dwight, two players who don't know how to post up and Blake cannot spread the floor for Dwight. I don't understand why the Clippers would trade CP3 for Dwight. The Clippers need to trade Jordan and his big contract for a big man with actual basketball skills.

Exactly...Only Lakers fans who are dying for CP3 will try to make a case for this trade being a good one for the Clippers.

The Clippers would struggle to make the playoffs if they made that trade

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they're trading Chris Paul they need to get a player at his position who is a top 1O PG. You don't win in this league with your only really good players being at PF/C. Pretty sure they can find a better deal where they're getting a PG back in return.

They have 1 solid PG and he is nowhere near CP3. There is a reason they sucked when Paul was out of the lineup and Bledsoe had to start.

I agree. But you have to remember 1 thing...............It's the Clippers!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly...Only Lakers fans who are dying for CP3 will try to make a case for this trade being a good one for the Clippers.

The Clippers would struggle to make the playoffs if they made that trade

Haven't seen anyone make that claim!! But hey, why not make a baseless comment when you can?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen anyone make that claim!! But hey, why not make a baseless comment when you can?

Matt Barnes is leaving most likely and Billups looked like he is done.

Blake needs major improvement.

Where exactly are they getting their offense from? It will basically be Crawford or bust in terms of perimeter play.

The West is not the east. They will probably need 47 wins to make the playoffs.

The trade is already bad enough but to also trade Paul to the Lakers without getting back a top 10 PG is beyond stupid.

This will be like the Giants trading Eli to the Jets for Revis (before they traded him to Tampa).

I don't expect Lakers fans to understand how stupid this trade would be from a Clippers POV.

I'm pretty sure if the Clippers made it known that CP3 is available they can get a legit PG in return such as a Mike Conley for example.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Barnes is leaving most likely and Billups looked like he is done.

Blake needs major improvement.

Where exactly are they getting their offense from? It will basically be Crawford or bust in terms of perimeter play.

The West is not the east. They will probably need 47 wins to make the playoffs.

The trade is already bad enough but to also trade Paul to the Lakers without getting back a top 10 PG is beyond stupid.

This will be like the Giants trading Eli to the Jets for Revis (before they traded him to Tampa).

I don't expect Lakers fans to understand how stupid this trade would be from a Clippers POV.

I'm pretty sure if the Clippers made it known that CP3 is available they can get a legit PG in return such as a Mike Conley for example.

Again. No one said it's not stupid. I just made the point that it's not as stupid as you think it is and that it's the Clippers who have a long history of being stupid.

Also, outside of dunks, what offense are they getting from the post with Jordan and Griffin. At least, with Dwight, they improve defensively in the middle.

If I'm running the Clippers, I do not make this trade. However, it wouldn't be the first time the Clippers made a dumb trade. At least in this case, they'd fill a need.

I disagree that they'd need a top 10 point guard. They just need one that's better than Bledsoe.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If their goal is to be a lower seed in the playoffs and be eliminated in the 1st round yearly then I agree that they don't need a top 10 PG.

If they actually want to make nice in the playoffs they do need 1.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If their goal is to be a lower seed in the playoffs and be eliminated in the 1st round yearly then I agree that they don't need a top 10 PG.

If they actually want to make nice in the playoffs they do need 1.

You mean like that deep playoff run they are on this year with arguably the best PG in the game? Oh wait?!?

A top 10 point guard is not needed if you have enough talent around them and that talent is developed properly. The Lakers have won 5 championships since 2000 without a top 10 point guard and the Heat won last year and are favored to win this year without a top 10 point guard.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean like that deep playoff run they are on this year with arguably the best PG in the game? Oh wait?!?

A top 10 point guard is not needed if you have enough talent around them and that talent is developed properly. The Lakers have won 5 championships since 2000 without a top 10 point guard and the Heat won last year and are favored to win this year without a top 10 point guard.

Dwight, Blake, Crawford, and Bledsoe would be enough talent?

I never said you needed a top 10 point guard to be successful in the NBA. I said if you're trading CP3 you should get a top 10 PG in return. Those Miami and LA teams had superstars/future HOF players at the 2/3 positions.

If the Clippers trade CP3 for Howard they would have Crawford at SG and Butler at SF possibly? Its fair to say neither of those players are close to being Lebron, Wade, or Kobe.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The PG position in this league is deep while at SG/SF you have very few franchise players who you can depend on to be your top dog, and those who you can depend on to be your top dog are not available for trade.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwight, Blake, Crawford, and Bledsoe would be enough talent?

I never said you needed a top 10 point guard to be successful in the NBA. I said if you're trading CP3 you should get a top 10 PG in return. Those Miami and LA teams had superstars/future HOF players at the 2/3 positions.

If the Clippers trade CP3 for Howard they would have Crawford at SG and Butler at SF possibly? Its fair to say neither of those players are close to being Lebron, Wade, or Kobe.

True, but remember, the Clippers are very deep (you could argue too deep). Plus, I don't think that those 4 with the right system would necessarily fare worse than they did this year.

When I think of an extremely stupid or beyond stupid type of trade, I think in terms of where a team loses a top level player and not only doen't get a top level player in return, but also doesn't improve in some area with what they get in return.

Examples: What the Lakers got in return for Shaq, qualified as "beyond stupid". The trade with Memphis when it first happened also looked to be beyond stupid (Kwame Brown for Pau?!?), but that has changed with the development of Marc Gasol!!

In a Dwight for CP3 trade, at least the Clippers get another top level player and fill a need defensively in the middle.

Again, not necessarily the smartest trade, but not beyond stupid either!!

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it is beyond stupid, because CP3 is essentially the Clippers offense. He is the one setting up the bigs with lobs, and he is the only one besides Crawford who can create his own shot. With Dwight I don't even think that team makes the playoffs. With Blake and Dwight all you need to do is pack the paint because not only can any of them shoot a J, none of them know how to post up.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it is beyond stupid, because CP3 is essentially the Clippers offense. He is the one setting up the bigs with lobs, and he is the only one besides Crawford who can create his own shot. With Dwight I don't even think that team makes the playoffs. With Blake and Dwight all you need to do is pack the paint because not only can any of them shoot a J, none of them know how to post up.

Exactly and if they do make the playoffs it will be as a 7 or 8th seed. Right now they're a post player and some improvement in Blake game from being legit contenders. If they stay the same they're a great regular season team....That beats trading for Dwight for CP3 and struggling to make the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.