• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers Roll Call Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very possible that the Lakers end up with both Dwight Howard and Chris Paul this next season - don't be afraid to dream for the impossible

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it is pretty much impossible unless they amnesty Kobe.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very possible that the Lakers end up with both Dwight Howard and Chris Paul this next season - don't be afraid to dream for the impossible

Much more possible that neither player are in a Lakers uniform

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it is pretty much impossible unless they amnesty Kobe.

For both Dwight and Paul - I would amnesty the injured Kobe with a torn achilles tendon in a heart beat

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loyalty at its finest

Loyalty is for people you love like your wife, children and family that you don't mind being around. This is a business and in the real business world you employee or hire the best. If an employee can't produce any longer, then you terminate him and replace him with something business. The Lakers charges big dollars for their games - the fans wants to see wins - not losses

Actually loyalty is for schmucks

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loyalty is for people you love like your wife, children and family that you don't mind being around. This is a business and in the real business world you employee or hire the best. If an employee can't produce any longer, then you terminate him and replace him with something business. The Lakers charges big dollars for their games - the fans wants to see wins - not losses

Actually loyalty is for schmucks

You treat one of the greatest players of all time like just another employee and nobody will respect you, and for a team known for signing free agents as tony says... Your word and your balls is all you got... They start looking elsewhere if you're a snake...just saying

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps, but if July comes around and it becomes clear that Kobe won't be able to play until after January, they would be wise to amnesty him. It would save them 85 million dollars, no one would pick Kobe up off the waivers and once he is cleared, the Lakers could sign him for nothing - Kobe would still get his money, so it would be a win win

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps, but if July comes around and it becomes clear that Kobe won't be able to play until after January, they would be wise to amnesty him. It would save them 85 million dollars, no one would pick Kobe up off the waivers and once he is cleared, the Lakers could sign him for nothing - Kobe would still get his money, so it would be a win win

I don't know how that would work out but if it were to blow up on the Lakers face it would be a huge problem... If Kobe were to agree to do it, and the league allowed such shenanigans it would be great, but I don't see how that would be fair, and would Kobe sit out an entire year for this thing to clear...? Good in theory but don't see it as something that could happen...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they amnesty him, they can't sign him again until after next season!! That's why those who have mentioned this as a possibility say that he can go rehab in Italy playing in the Italian league.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how that would work out but if it were to blow up on the Lakers face it would be a huge problem... If Kobe were to agree to do it, and the league allowed such shenanigans it would be great, but I don't see how that would be fair, and would Kobe sit out an entire year for this thing to clear...? Good in theory but don't see it as something that could happen...

If the Lakers were to try and pull this off. What happens if another team claims him? I know he wouldn't have to sign with them, but could the Lakers still sign him? I could see Cuban claiming him just to keep away from the Lakers!!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know what rate he could be claimed at?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HELLO?

Where is QID when we need him!!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I found the answer on a link - Kobe would have to wait an entire year for the Lakers to resign him - which is a possibility here is what the article says

For the Lakers to re-sign Bryant, he would have to sit out an entire year until the summer of 2014, because players cannot re-sign with the teams that amnestied them until the end of their current contract. Assuming Bryant's injury is as bad as expected, it's quite possible he'll be out for the entirety of next season

Kobe Bryant injury: Is the amnesty clause a possibility? - SBNation.com

Last edited by a moderator:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kobe is able to come back by October or November, then they wouldn't be wise to amnesty him, but if Kobe were to find out by July that he was going to miss the entire season of next year, then the Lakers would be smart to amnesty him, wait for the summer of 2014 and resign him assuming Kobe still wants to play of course and play for the Lakers. Doing so would save the Lakers 85 million. I don't know if that includes what the Lakers has to pay Kobe though because Kobe's salary will be picked up by the insurance policy that covers his workers comp in the event of an injury, so if that 85 million is the luxary taxes alone, then the Lakers would be saving 115 million. Either way the Lakers don't pay the 30 million until Kobe returns, but that is pro-rated according to the games missed, so half a season equals 15 million paid by the insurance

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey - let's keep our thread going - come one now:suds:

RedRum

You Cant Handle the Truth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough decisions to make this offseason. DHoward. kobes health , amnesty ? or I wonder if we just focus on 2014-2015 and don't make big commitments this year.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough decisions to make this offseason. DHoward. kobes health , amnesty ? or I wonder if we just focus on 2014-2015 and don't make big commitments this year.

I believe that they will stand pat for the most part and try to see what this roster can do with a full training camp and staying relatively healthy for the season.

I'm sure that how quickly it looks like Kobe will return will have something to do with it, but ultimately, outside of Pau or a sign and trade involving Dwight, there really aren't any players that would return much via trade and therefore, not much that they can do.

It seems that, as of now, they are looking to re-sign Dwight, keep the bulk of the current roster together, see what it can do with them healthy (hopefully) and then look to make a major acquisition or 2 after next season to pair with Dwight!!

Status
Not open for further replies.