• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers locker room isolating D'Angelo Russell after video surfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old news already - They will get over it as long as Russell remains sincere - He knows he will have to at it which is the way it should be. That's part of being a twenty year old. Making mistakes and growing up - it's also the reason you're not allowed to drink until your 21 and personally I think they should raise the legal drinking age to 30

Will see.. that was 5 hours ago when he wrote and deleted the tweet, AFTER the reports that he'd accepted the apology.

It's why I am not going to believe one story and 100% discount the other... To me the only things we know from Young is in his press conference he didn't accept his apology and wrote as much on twitter. Depends on how his relationship is affected for one thing.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will see.. that was 5 hours ago when he wrote and deleted the tweet, AFTER the reports that he'd accepted the apology.

It's why I am not going to believe one story and 100% discount the other... To me the only things we know from Young is in his press conference he didn't accept his apology and wrote as much on twitter. Depends on how his relationship is affected for one thing.
The only thing that matters is how the Lakers play and they are still just as bad as ever. Next year they will be better and continue to improve. Scott says it will three or four more years before they become really good players that can carry a team

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that matters is how the Lakers play and they are still just as bad as ever. Next year they will be better and continue to improve. Scott says it will three or four more years before they become really good players that can carry a team

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True and it isn't like Russell is a piece you have to have. It's a tough situation being a rookie point, but not sure he ever will be a true point. I think he's a bit in love with the three and not really aggressive at going inside, but that's a real tough position on a 19 year old rookie. But not like anyone else on that roster is shooting from outside well, so can't blame him too much. Not hating on him, but I'll wait to judge if his stuff is a non-factor or not. Being LA, they could use him as a trade chip for an impending FA in a sign and trade type deal anyways.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True and it isn't like Russell is a piece you have to have. It's a tough situation being a rookie point, but not sure he ever will be a true point. I think he's a bit in love with the three and not really aggressive at going inside, but that's a real tough position on a 19 year old rookie. But not like anyone else on that roster is shooting from outside well, so can't blame him too much. Not hating on him, but I'll wait to judge if his stuff is a non-factor or not. Being LA, they could use him as a trade chip for an impending FA in a sign and trade type deal anyways.
He is still a rookie and his game will speak for it's self - what other fans from the Heat, Minnesota, Houston and etc think is totally irrelevant and doesn't concern them. If Russell turns out to be another Magic Johnson or Kobe Bryant - That's the only thing that matters. Vic went to jail for what he did to dogs and they gave him another chance -

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell Bill Clinton got oral sex, lied under oath about it and still got his wife back - How cool is that?

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is still a rookie and his game will speak for it's self - what other fans from the Heat, Minnesota, Houston and etc think is totally irrelevant and doesn't concern them. If Russell turns out to be another Magic Johnson or Kobe Bryant - That's the only thing that matters. Vic went to jail for what he did to dogs and they gave him another chance -

Actually Vick's team released him. IF he was showing the promise of another Kobe or Magic, sure, if Young's relationship goes sour over this and he blames Russell and things aren't working out, you send him packing, and let the team know like it or not, fall in line because this is our guy. Here though I think we are a ways off from that yet.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe did the same but he didn't have actual proof. But if Kobe could get over being booed and getting called a rapist everywhere he went then I'm sure this can go away eventually.

Judging by how they're playing tonight, they've begun moving on.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A confused Stern apparently asked someone to explain the trinitiy. There was an ackward silence, followed by someone hesitantly explaining a popular sexual act in NBA circles that I am afraid to even print. Apparently the look on Sterns face was beyond priceless and hasnt been approached before or since.Also, House and I had a coin flip to see who to use "The Trinity" for their next fantasy team name. House won.

Hey, @HammerDown can I change my screen name? :lol:

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Swaggy P hurt? Just noticed I haven't seen him tonight

I don't think so. He's on the bench. Byron may be keeping him out. I doubt he's very focused on basketball right now. Regardless of how well the team seems to be handling it, he still has to deal with Iggy.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole thing seems like a big deal now, and it is to a degree, but it'll be small potatoes in due time if Russell is sincere in his apology. It was a dumb thing to do and his teammates are right to get on him for it but its nothing that can't be overcome. Tony Parker had an affair with his teammates' (Brent Barry) wife and its not like the Spurs or Parker were ruined for years so all these people talking about Russell being tainted forever are just being sensationalists. That's far worse than this. Russell just needs to be contrite and in the future, just stay out of other people's business even if Nick Young is a jackass cheater that should wear a Scarlet A on his jersey

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shit. Got a blow job from a fat chick and still got stuck with Hillary.
That reminds me of the next job she had after that as a corporate secretary - the C.E.O. called an office meeting and asked her to come in and record the minutes. When he told her to take hear seat - she jumped underneath the table:lol:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole thing seems like a big deal now, and it is to a degree, but it'll be small potatoes in due time if Russell is sincere in his apology. It was a dumb thing to do and his teammates are right to get on him for it but its nothing that can't be overcome. Tony Parker had an affair with his teammates' (Brent Barry) wife and its not like the Spurs or Parker were ruined for years so all these people talking about Russell being tainted forever are just being sensationalists. That's far worse than this. Russell just needs to be contrite and in the future, just stay out of other people's business even if Nick Young is a jackass cheater that should wear a Scarlet A on his jersey

If the Lakers handle this anywhere close to how the Spurs handled that...I'll take it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old news already - They will get over it as long as Russell remains sincere - He knows he will have to at it which is the way it should be. That's part of being a twenty year old. Making mistakes and growing up - it's also the reason you're not allowed to drink until your 21 and personally I think they should raise the legal drinking age to 30

You actually think people in their late 20s aren't responsible enough to drink?!?

So they can vote, carry firearms and drive an 18-wheeler but drinking a can of Miller lite is too much? GTFO

Reactions: LAD

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it does bother you when your teammates won't ask you to join them when they go out, or hang out with the team.

Look at the OL on foot teams. Those guys do everything.
Im probably the opposite of a lot of people but I'm not a person that wants to make friends at work

Status
Not open for further replies.