• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers locker room isolating D'Angelo Russell after video surfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, and Phil fucking the owner's daughter.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FTR @trojanfan12 , Byron seems to agree with me. With only 2 weeks left in the season, I'm not sure it gets better before the end of the year. Not like the lakers exactly have great veteran leadership. Being that there's only 2 weeks left in Kobe's career, I highly doubt he gives a shit about leading these guys.

I think the main point is there's literally only TWO WEEKS left in their season since they're dead last in the WC. They'll have plenty of space between them during the summer.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe snitched on Shaq
Fisher took Barnes Wife
Russell snitches on Swaggy

Lol, you can't trust them Lakers boys.

Maybe it is an LA thing ...

Griffin and the equipment guy.
Jordan backs out on Cuban/Mavericks

FYI ... saw a quote where Iggy said the "she liked Russell's film"

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You actually think people in their late 20s aren't responsible enough to drink?!?

Just look at the death's each year for people killed by drivers under the influence. That alone should tell you the answer is yes. Then look at the alcoholic related accidents, and then go down to the courts and watch those being charged with dui's, being forced to take classes and go to jail - so honestly - I don't think half of the people that drink aren't that responsible, but certainly those driving drunk, getting into accidents and being arrested were not responsible. I will have to look up the age demographic, but I am betting that the younger ones are more to blame then the older crowd

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to much being made at this - the trolls just came running in here to dump on Russell - get a life

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to much being made at this - the trolls just came running in here to dump on Russell - get a life

While I agree that there has been a lot of piling on- your casual dismissals of this guys abject stupidity- and the legion of professional athletes who have publicly condemned Russel is clearly showing that this is a LOT more than "trolls piling on"....

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree that there has been a lot of piling on- your casual dismissals of this guys abject stupidity- and the legion of professional athletes who have publicly condemned Russel is clearly showing that this is a LOT more than "trolls piling on"....
It's not any worse than some of the other things that happened - the trolls are bored

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not any worse than some of the other things that happened - the trolls are bored
i dont even care that fans and the media care about it. what i think is so interesting is how much the players- both his teammates, other nba players- and guys even in other sports- have all pretty much unaninmously have been just floored by Russells actions....i could care less about freaking IGGY Azalea and Nick Young....all though- if Russell is gonna get accepted back any time soon he should hope for a reconcilliation between the two since i think that would help him.

I dont think Russell or anyone should care what the fans or media or whatever thinks for the most part. His problem- and the big problem is how his teammates and fellow league-mates- in the "NBA Brotherhood" feel about him- and at least from what i have seen thus far- its overwhelmingly and- even surprisingly- VERY VERY negative.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a professional athlete, making millions of dollars, you're a target for the public eye. There's not much of their personal lives that they can keep to themselves, and I fully believe the negative response by the other players goes deeper than "man code". It's a violation of what little privacy they have left if their own private conversations cannot remain private.

Aside from a basketball/locker room perspective, in general this is something that is unacceptable. If you found out your co-worker was recording your private conversation, how would you feel? Likely violated. It wouldn't matter the topic of conversation, but the pure fact that it is a gross invasion of privacy.

Anyone out there who says they haven't said anything that could at the very least be misconstrued as offensive would be lying. We've all done it. We've joked around with our friends. Negative comments about a superior or co-worker. Anything really.

Athletes in general view the world as predatory, which a lot of the time it is. They try to keep as much of their private life close to the vest because anything they do or say can be used against them in the court of public opinion.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hilarious. From Matt Barnes Instagram page. (I follow him and get real-time updates.)

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@True Lakers Fan And then you look at The Netherlands and France for instance where you can drink wine and beer from the age of 16 and hard spirits at 18 and they are amongst the top 10 in lowest alcohol related deaths.

Yet you think it's ok to give an 18 year old a gun?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@True Lakers Fan And then you look at The Netherlands and France for instance where you can drink wine and beer from the age of 16 and hard spirits at 18 and they are amongst the top 10 in lowest alcohol related deaths.

Yet you think it's ok to give an 18 year old a gun?
That would depend because to be honest it's quite common for young kids six years old and over to have and shoot guns in most of the eastern part of the United States. I shot rifles when I was ten years old with my cousins in Missouri and we were very responsible. You might not like my response, but you asked me if I thought younger adults were irresponsible - and my response is hell yes they are irresponsible. Now if you know of a way to change that culture - I am all hears - but the statistics with drunk drives shows that even the adults are irresponsible as hell. If the 40 year old men are getting out there and driving drunk, how do you expect the younger guys to be any better? Now on the other hand, if you want to lower the age of drinking to 18, combined with a mandatory ten years in jail for drunk driving - I would be very willing. In Mexico, Drunk Driving carries a life sentence or used to and guess what - they don't have a problem. We are to soft on crime

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude....get an effin' clue. That has nothing whatsoever to do with it. Douchebags are everywhere.
And besides, not one of those aforementioned players are even from Cali...except for Barnes, as far as I know.

It's just BS reality TV fodder.

edit.... as it turns out Young is from LA.
I stand corrected.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A stupid debate like Whiteside vs. Thompson got over 1000 posts. I think this one is just getting warmed up.

Imagine if this was Kyrie Irving ... do you really think Laker fans would be on here saying "this is done" ... "way too much made of this" ???

Status
Not open for further replies.