• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers locker room isolating D'Angelo Russell after video surfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it is an LA thing ...

Griffin and the equipment guy.
Jordan backs out on Cuban/Mavericks

FYI ... saw a quote where Iggy said the "she liked Russell's film"

:tsk:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the feeling he knows the exact source, but he's not going to reveal it to potentially make the situation worse by ratting someone out. He ruled out that he was hacked, and virtually no one does that these days because it's a perfect excuse. I think he knows the source, but it would either be damning/embarassing to reveal it.

That makes sense. I'd be willing to bet that if he doesn't know for sure, he has an idea.

That's part of the problem with this stuff and why I hate social media. You can only control that stuff while you are the only one that has it. Once you send it someone else, you no longer control who sees it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the feeling he knows the exact source, but he's not going to reveal it to potentially make the situation worse by ratting someone out. He ruled out that he was hacked, and virtually no one does that these days because it's a perfect excuse. I think he knows the source, but it would either be damning/embarassing to reveal it.
i get that feeling too- like he was bragging about it and sent it to one of his boys and they let it slip or sent it to someone they shouldnt have and then it was uncontrollable...i think that probably makes the most sense.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incorrect. According to Russell, he never intended for that video to get out in public. As a matter of fact, that video was taken a few months ago and was just released the other day. There is speculation that a 3rd party got a hold of it and posted it. Supposedly had something to do with some feud with Iggy.

As for the why was he recording it, apparently they record each other doing stupid crap all of the time. If you watch the recording, at the end, Russell tells him he got recorded. So Nick Young knew it had been recorded.

Also, there is only one place that Russell's teammates need to trust him and that's on the basketball court. Pretty sure Shaq and Kobe didn't trust each other off the court, but it didn't stop them from winning championships on it.

Right, but if it wasn't stolen or hacked, then that means he was passing the video around to people. Which is a pretty stupid thing to do with sensitive information. If it's just a joke between Young and Russell, then fine, but passing it around is crossing the line.

They're engaged...at least for now.
Maybe this whole silly thing will end up saving Swaggy a boat load of potential divorce settlement $$$, if they decide to split up before that knot gets tied...pre-nups notwithstanding.

I would assume that Iggy has more money, but I could be wrong. Wouldn't be a rare occurrence for an artist to get shafted by a label and be much less rich than they would appear to be. I wouldn't doubt T.I. exploiting this token australian white female rapper for everything she's worth.

It's also not whining about a shoe deal or anything absurd like that.

This legit ruined a marriage.

Well, to be fair, the marriage was probably already doomed to begin with. I mean, this chick legitimately thought a guy who calls himself Swaggy P was her soul mate. Russell probably saved them both a lot of wasted time.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, to be fair, the marriage was probably already doomed to begin with. I mean, this chick legitimately thought a guy who calls himself Swaggy P was her soul mate. Russell probably saved them both a lot of wasted time.

Hilariously true and accurate.

But you see my point.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those two do not compare. They didn't break the "guy code."

Good point. I wasn't thinking just about the "guy code" thing.

By the way ... when some guy (not you -- just in general) falls backs on the "guy code" argument ... what I hear is "I did something really bad & creepy ... but that is what guys do ... and we should stick together and not talk about it around women ... we don't want them to really know what we do." (if I was an NBA player -- I might argue that also -- but I'm not)

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please post the part where I suggested they did.

They haven't said anything. They are making him pay the price in the locker room, which is where it belongs. Judging by the way they were all celebrating with him when they won last night, they aren't having much of problem with him on the court, which is the only place it really matters.

Again ... if this was Kyrie Irving & Lebron James ... would you say "... they should make them pay the price in the locker room, which is where is belongs" ?

I don't think so. I think it would be a thread which would generate 5000 posts.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I care about this dumb ass story all that much, or that it matters in the grand scheme of things...but has the NBA Players Association union +/or the commish's office chimed in on it yet??

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell really doesnt deserve this shit...hes 19 years old...the media circus is the ridiculous part- and the fans---really? the hometown fans are booing him? what the hell is wrong with these people? what they hell do they care?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell is going to have a hard time getting beyond this. For the life of me, I can't figure out why he would do such a thing.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell really doesnt deserve this shit...hes 19 years old...the media circus is the ridiculous part- and the fans---really? the hometown fans are booing him? what the hell is wrong with these people? what they hell do they care?
Stop! Russell is a grown man in a grown man's business. He should be able to conduct himself as such and not behave in such a juvenile manner. There is simply no excuse for what he did.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please post the part where I suggested they did.

They haven't said anything. They are making him pay the price in the locker room, which is where it belongs. Judging by the way they were all celebrating with him when they won last night, they aren't having much of problem with him on the court, which is the only place it really matters.

Actually they have said stuff.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm glad they voiced their displeasure.

I don't think it will continue past this Season.

But, it's nice to see fans actually hold these players that have done wrong accountable.

This doesn't absolve Swaggy from cheating.

But, You don't get in between people's relationship as a joke.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop! Russell is a grown man in a grown man's business. He should be able to conduct himself as such and not behave in such a juvenile manner. There is simply no excuse for what he did.
i mean- the teammates and nick young- yah he deserves whatever he gets--- but the kid is a basketball player- why do we care what he does with his teammates? i sure dont...

i took an interest in this story when i read the stuff saying how the guy was getting frozen out- he went to sit next to lou williams in the locker room and lou immediately got up and left- no one would talk to him etc....i thought it was an interesting look into the mentality of the locker room which we just dont get to see very often- guys never talk about it- reporters would never talk about it because no one would ever speak to them again-- this idiot does it- and we get to see the reaction of his teammates and its pretty fascinating.

if the story i saw on yahoo was- about nick young and his girlfriend cheating or like matt barnes and fisher or whatever- im not even clicking on it and reading it- i really dont care....just like lebron with his tweets and his attention grabs-- i just really dont care- i care what he does on the court--- i just dont really care what he does off.

but really ? some slob in the crowd is gonna BOOO deangelo russell for that? gmafb...they need to get a life

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad they voiced their displeasure.
I don't think it will continue past this Season.
But, it's nice to see fans actually hold these players that have done wrong accountable.
This doesn't absolve Swaggy from cheating.
But, You don't get in between people's relationship as a joke.

As long as Russell feels bad about this stuff ... apologizes ... and says it won't happen again ... I'd give him the benefit of the doubt for a while. (at least) He is very young ... and somehow screwed up ... at least he took responsibility for it. (and didn't say something stupid like "someone hacked my phone")

In long run, it could make him a better guy. He could share the ball more on the court and be a leader. It will take a while ("years"). It will really depend on what happens in the locker room. We don't know directly what happens in most cases ... but indirectly, we'll know.

I really don't think he is bad guy.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, but if it wasn't stolen or hacked, then that means he was passing the video around to people. Which is a pretty stupid thing to do with sensitive information. If it's just a joke between Young and Russell, then fine, but passing it around is crossing the line.

I agree. Never questioned the stupidity of it. My guess is that he passed it on to someone he figured he could trust, who passed it on to someone they figured they could trust, and so on until someone who was trusted, but shouldn't have been, got it.

I asked my son, who is also 19, about it and he said that shit happens all of the time with social media. Says it's reached a point where kids his age almost expect that sooner or later, something like that is going to happen to them or someone they know. He said that how it plays out is almost entirely up to how the person who did it, handles it. He said that if they try to deny, defend it or make some lame ass excuse, it goes a lot worse for them than if they just say "Hey, I fucked up. I'm sorry."

I don't know if he's 100% accurate on that, but I figure he knows more about it than I do since that's his age group.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, because the world is full of 19 year olds who are completely mature, have years of wisdom and experience to draw from and never do anything stupid or immature.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They booed him at introductions (which I expected). After that, they were cheering him and went nucking futs when he hit the first 3 in OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.