• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers locker room isolating D'Angelo Russell after video surfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the "They need to trade him " talk is hilarious.

At least 5 of those guys could be gone this Summer.

But, if the Lakers or dead set on parting with him, I'd be willing to give you Austin Rivers in a swap.

You're welcome.

:thumb:

she actually said that like she'd be doing us a favor...and probably TRIED to say it wit' a straight face...:heh:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Young did not accept his apology.

View attachment 102984
That's his problem - I personally wish they would trade Nick Young and I guarantee you the Lakers would dump Young first - Russell is going to be a much better player in a few years then Young ever will be, but Hoopshype says he did accept the apology - so who know

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Nick Young shouldn't have been cheating and Russell shouldn't have been a dumbass.
It just goes to prove that the bible is never wrong though - because there is a scripture in the old testament that says they will shouting out on the roof tops to the entire world what you're doing in your bedroom. Metaphorically speaking that's pretty much what Russell did - in telling the entire world what Young is doing.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond Green weighed in today:

“I do feel bad for D’Angelo Russell in the sense of when you think about the world that we live in and how much stuff you get condemned for every day, one wrong move and it’s like a magnifying glass on everything, there’s not many that can understand that, you know?” Green said. “Like there’s not many people that understand what we go through as athletes. And when you look to the side, and you look around the league, and you have the support of no one else, that’s why I feel bad for him. At least when you’re getting condemned by the world, there’s still a lot of guys who understand what you’re going through. He’s kind of on an island by himself, and that’s rough.

“I don’t blame his teammates. Like I don’t think they’re wrong…They’re not wrong at all. I think I’d probably feel the same way. I know I would, just like everybody else. I just feel bad for him because he’s on an island all by himself."

“As mad as I would be if I was Nick Young — and he has the right to be as mad as he wants to be — you can see the pain in (Russell’s) face when he was doing that interview yesterday,” Green said. “You can see it. It looked like it just hurt him.”

Probably one of the most reasonable things someone has said about the situation. But yeah, Draymond Green is a terrible person. :lol:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
she actually said that like she'd be doing us a favor...and probably TRIED to say it wit' a straight face...:heh:
These trolls are hilarious - they actually are painting their faces at night and howling at the moon while praying that the Lakers will be stupid enough to dump Russell over one small incident.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These trolls are hilarious - they actually are painting their faces at night and howling at the moon while praying that the Lakers will be stupid enough to dump Russell over one small incident.

Who are you calling a Troll?

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt, that you are joking, before I go in on you.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond Green weighed in today:

“I do feel bad for D’Angelo Russell in the sense of when you think about the world that we live in and how much stuff you get condemned for every day, one wrong move and it’s like a magnifying glass on everything, there’s not many that can understand that, you know?” Green said. “Like there’s not many people that understand what we go through as athletes. And when you look to the side, and you look around the league, and you have the support of no one else, that’s why I feel bad for him. At least when you’re getting condemned by the world, there’s still a lot of guys who understand what you’re going through. He’s kind of on an island by himself, and that’s rough.

“I don’t blame his teammates. Like I don’t think they’re wrong…They’re not wrong at all. I think I’d probably feel the same way. I know I would, just like everybody else. I just feel bad for him because he’s on an island all by himself."

“As mad as I would be if I was Nick Young — and he has the right to be as mad as he wants to be — you can see the pain in (Russell’s) face when he was doing that interview yesterday,” Green said. “You can see it. It looked like it just hurt him.”

Probably one of the most reasonable things someone has said about the situation. But yeah, Draymond Green is a terrible person. :lol:

Athletes do have it the worst in the court of public opinion. They're expected to be role models while people like actors and musical artists get off pretty easy. Hell, if a rapper got caught with a gun or drugs then that'd probably make them more profitable and give them a lot more exposure. Kanye West acts like a dumbass for publicity and still sells a ton of copies whenever his albums come out, 50 Cent basically made a career off of his thug persona. Actors and rappers are given a pass because they're just "misunderstood artists." While Athletes can lose money through sponsorship deals, even their careers.

And it subjects like these that make this a viable story to have a discussion about. As Wiggy said, it's not nearly as much of a waste of time as some who have posted here believe.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are you calling a Troll?

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt, that you are joking, before I go in on you.
Go off all you like, but every one here still going on and whining about Russell, declaring what he did is a big deal, that the Lakers will have to trade him and etc; I AM CALLING THEM WORTHLESS TROLLS. They see that the Lakers are rebuilding and have some really nice draft picks, and they want to see that explode in the Lakers fans. That's the only reason they are still going on about that. Now if you're one of those doing that - Yep, I am calling you a troll

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go off all you like, but every one here still going on and whining about Russell, declaring what he did is a big deal, that the Lakers will have to trade him and etc; I AM CALLING THEM WORTHLESS TROLLS. They see that the Lakers are rebuilding and have some really nice draft picks, and they want to see that explode in the Lakers fans. That's the only reason they are still going on about that. Now if you're one of those doing that - Yep, I am calling you a troll

:fuck2give:

I see how some folks on this site treat you and I choose not to pile on.

But, it's clear you have absolutely no idea about the context of the post you replied to from @ChiefsLakers67, that was in response to my post to @trojanfan12 .

Learn your audience before you decide to talk shit.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who on here has said he should be traded?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who on here has said he should be traded?

Couple of folks earlier in the thread and, of course, some media idiots have said the same. I'd have to go back through the thread, but I think you were either the first, or among the first, to say that the talk of trading him is stupid.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it's cool, TLF. trust me, Mecca's extremely cool...well, as cool as a Clippers fan can be...:dhd:

'sides, she has to have SOME cool in her. she DID roll outta MY side of town...:lol:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of folks earlier in the thread and, of course, some media idiots have said the same. I'd have to go back through the thread, but I think you were either the first, or among the first, to say that the talk of trading him is stupid.
i dont think he hsould be traded- but the whole event is newsworthy in the sense in how we see the team and the sport

as i said- idont care AT ALL about Derek Fisher and Iggy Azalea and Russell and Young- who they fuck- when they do it--- i just dont care- if think if you DO care you are a little weird- and i think if you BOO Russell for something that he does off the court you are a certified scummy loser.

But - to me this has always been a story about how the locker room is sacred ground and the reaction to a player broaching that trust. No one that i can remember has been dumb enough to do so--- no players-- reporters would be blackballed-- reporters see SHIT ALL THE TIME- and would NEVER be dumb enough to say or record anything- Other players? would never DREAM of doing other guys in "the brotherhood" that way.

thats why i am so interested- some fumb cluck clandestinely records and allows for the conversation t oget disseminated--- and the team black balls him- Young is reported as accepting the apology and GOES ON TWITTER to say ACCEPT WHAT (or whatever he said)- it looked like he was frozen out in that UTah game- guys wouldnt sit next to him at the locker and got up and walked away when he sat next to them- A LEGION of current and ex players in A BUNCH OF SPORTS get on the news and say how INSANE this is and that if it happened in their locker room their would be blood....THAT is what i think is interesting and newsworthy about this story---

I dont give a shit about how some people ill never meet fucked around on their fiance and it got back to her somehow--- whoever really cares about that needs to get their own freaking life--- whoever actually EXPENDS energy and feels the need to BOO Russell? those people are just the height of ridiculous- most probably have IQs that make them little more than functional retards I would guess.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think he hsould be traded- but the whole event is newsworthy in the sense in how we see the team and the sport

as i said- idont care AT ALL about Derek Fisher and Iggy Azalea and Russell and Young- who they fuck- when they do it--- i just dont care- if think if you DO care you are a little weird- and i think if you BOO Russell for something that he does off the court you are a certified scummy loser.

But - to me this has always been a story about how the locker room is sacred ground and the reaction to a player broaching that trust. No one that i can remember has been dumb enough to do so--- no players-- reporters would be blackballed-- reporters see SHIT ALL THE TIME- and would NEVER be dumb enough to say or record anything- Other players? would never DREAM of doing other guys in "the brotherhood" that way.

thats why i am so interested- some fumb cluck clandestinely records and allows for the conversation t oget disseminated--- and the team black balls him- Young is reported as accepting the apology and GOES ON TWITTER to say ACCEPT WHAT (or whatever he said)- it looked like he was frozen out in that UTah game- guys wouldnt sit next to him at the locker and got up and walked away when he sat next to them- A LEGION of current and ex players in A BUNCH OF SPORTS get on the news and say how INSANE this is and that if it happened in their locker room their would be blood....THAT is what i think is interesting and newsworthy about this story---

I dont give a shit about how some people ill never meet fucked around on their fiance and it got back to her somehow--- whoever really cares about that needs to get their own freaking life--- whoever actually EXPENDS energy and feels the need to BOO Russell? those people are just the height of ridiculous- most probably have IQs that make them little more than functional retards I would guess.

I agree. I understand the fans booing at introductions, just as sort of sending him a message that embarrassing the team like that isn't cool. I'm sure there were a few morons who kept it up all game long. But the majority were cheering by the end of the game.

I also understand the players handling it like they have, because again, he needs to learn.

But all of that "the Lakers have to trade him, he'll never recover from this" talk was just people seeing who can have the biggest overreaction.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
obviously i am not a lawyer as i have not passed the bar--- and i am done with my classes and get my JD and walk for graduation in MAy- but i have been working at my firm for 2 years as a law clerk (what you do while your in law shcool)- have worked on some really cool stuff- oil and gas cases, business litigation, huge estate plans, electricity regulation, real estate, etc.. etc.

anyway--- this case that i am helping out on right now is just beyond insane....ill never see anything like it again if i practice another 40 years....its truly one of the most unbelievable domestic relations divorce cases you could possibly imagine....everyday i shake my head at the pure ridiculousness of it. I could share some generic details but obviously nothing concrete....

Status
Not open for further replies.