• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers locker room isolating D'Angelo Russell after video surfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im probably the opposite of a lot of people but I'm not a person that wants to make friends at work

Yeah, I've heard a lot in sports compare it more to the military which I am familiar with, and that makes sense. You aren't just spending 8 hours a day doing something beside a guy, but it's as much of your life as anything. You work out together, travel together train together, stay at hotels together...

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Nick Young was in on it and wants out of that relationship with iggy.

Most of those celeb engagements are for publicity and hype, anyway. Hell, the whole Kanye-Kim thing is a big PR move, I'll bet he mailed her the sperm to beget those chillens or had one of his buddies handle it for him.
With the teen stars, I think the agents get together and work out new BF-GF pairings every week, then get the kids together for 5 minutes to take pics for the mags.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of those celeb engagements are for publicity and hype, anyway. Hell, the whole Kanye-Kim thing is a big PR move, I'll bet he mailed her the sperm to beget those chillens or had one of his buddies handle it for him.
With the teen stars, I think the agents get together and work out new BF-GF pairings every week, then get the kids together for 5 minutes to take pics for the mags.

But seems an odd choice. Hey lets roast a guy on the team, bring up cheating allegations on the other, bring in a bunch of bad press about us, when all we had to say was "with our two different careers that have us spending so much time away from each other, we've decided to part amicably.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im probably the opposite of a lot of people but I'm not a person that wants to make friends at work

I think that kid who Incognito was picking on was like that...kept getting it worse and worse because he wasn't one of the guys.

I'm with you, though, at my age I'm not looking to get particularly close with anybody at work...figure one or both of us is going to move on soon enough. My close friends are all from high school, college, and my first job.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But seems an odd choice. Hey lets roast a guy on the team, bring up cheating allegations on the other, bring in a bunch of bad press about us, when all we had to say was "with our two different careers that have us spending so much time away from each other, we've decided to part amicably.

I don't really buy that Price was in on it, but I don't think that singer means much to him, either. I probably quoted the wrong post to try to make my point...

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really buy that Price was in on it, but I don't think that singer means much to him, either. I probably quoted the wrong post to try to make my point...

Whoops, should have been Young instead of Price...probably got the Bosox opener on my brain!

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We shall see.. lets hope she doesn't I guess..

Good point on the Incognito bit. Though I think they were closer than the guy wanted to let on as he gave as good as he got in those texts... Seemed to make Incognito's side of things believable of what happened there.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fair, but if everyone in your department was invited to a happy hour and you were the only person left out...that wouldn't bother you at all?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I'm sick," D'Angelo Russell told The Vertical's Adrian Wojnarowski regarding the incident between him and Los Angeles Lakers teammate Nick Young.

"I am sorry about recording the video," he went on to say. "I can't repeat myself enough on that: I am sorry I recorded that video. I feel horrible. I wish this never happened."

It's a sentiment that Young acknowledged, absorbed and accepted—or so it seemed.

According to Los Angeles Times beat writer Mike Bresnahan, it appeared that a pardon had been granted and the pair had already buried the hatchet:

Then, just three hours later, Young tweeted, "What I accept?"

In an apparent gesture toward Russell that could be interpreted as anything from the consideration of forgiveness (with an interrogative twist) to a virtual scoff at the very implication, the message was later deleted.

Soon after, Russell's responses in a subsequent press conference only served to muddle already murky waters.

"I let him know my apologies," said the rookie of his conversation with Young. "I don't know if they were accepted. I wouldn't blame him."

It's possible that Russell may, as he conveyed to Wojnarowski, find himself spending "some time to regain trust and confidence."

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I question the sanity of anyone who doesn't think this kid had something to do with this getting leaked.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that kid who Incognito was picking on was like that...kept getting it worse and worse because he wasn't one of the guys.

I'm with you, though, at my age I'm not looking to get particularly close with anybody at work...figure one or both of us is going to move on soon enough. My close friends are all from high school, college, and my first job.

Yep but as pointed out elsewhere in this thread this is more than just a 9 to 5 work situation. These guys are also basically part of a fraternity and spend a lot of time with each other in training camp, the road, etc. They also should be some of the few people they can trust as high paid athletes since others might try to capitalize on their fame and money. This is a bond that often goes well beyond simply being a coworker.

Also - especially for a young team like the Lakers - this is the first job for many of these guys.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I question the sanity of anyone who doesn't think this kid had something to do with this getting leaked.
those rumors of a quick aplogy and acceptance were obviously less than accurate

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's only one problem with that theory. This guy is not a good basketball player and the only reason anyone's heard of him was who he was dating

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember back in the day when basketball fans focused on how well basketball players played basketball?

This is an absolute joke. :L

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's only one problem with that theory. This guy is not a good basketball player and the only reason anyone's heard of him was who he was dating

OK, so he probably has a huge member and figured he could ride the coattails of her fame???

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, so he probably has a huge member and figured he could ride the coattails of her fame???

Young is probably just as famous as she is.

He's still a decade long NBA player with one of the most recognizable nicknames out there.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember back in the day when basketball fans focused on how well basketball players played basketball?

This is an absolute joke. :L
99% of this stuff is ridiculoous- all the twitter- the personal stuff etc....

this story has gotten my attention though just because of the sanctity of the locker room angle--- but i agree with the sentiment- that ACTUAL BASKETBALL and the management of the team is far and away more compelling than the personal lives and thoughts of the players.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe snitched on Shaq
Fisher took Barnes Wife
Russell snitches on Swaggy

Lol, you can't trust them Lakers boys.

Status