• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers locker room isolating D'Angelo Russell after video surfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well i think thats part of it--- if it costs Young his marriage- lol--- and like Young gets released because he thinks its because of this--- basically- if the man loses his fiance and job over this Nick Young is going to hate his guts till the day he dies---- if he can patch it up with Iggy (fucking Iggy? her name is IGGY? really? fucking IGGY?) and its all good and Nick can stay in LA itll be fine as time goes on i would think.
I wasn't talking about that - my analogy is that every man has been in trouble with his wife in the same manner that Russell is with his team mates. As you get older you have disputes and you end up in the dog house. You learn to forgive and move on. Young didn't cheat on his wife - it was hypothetical - Many women approve of their spouses going to gentlemen's bars because then the guys come back aroused and ready to go the distance.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think im gonna have to watch some of this game tonight and see what happens with Russell....see if him and young share the court

what bullshit that young missed the game with "gastro" issues the other day...lol...i thought that was odd when i read it- i read "gastroenteritis" -- NOPE- i dont htink at that point anyway- they could have the 2 in the same room....

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think im gonna have to watch some of this game tonight and see what happens with Russell....see if him and young share the court

what bullshit that young missed the game with "gastro" issues the other day...lol...i thought that was odd when i read it- i read "gastroenteritis" -- NOPE- i dont htink at that point anyway- they could have the 2 in the same room....
I wouldn't share the ball with Young any way - the guy is crap

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen A- is INSANE-- lakers might have to trade him- agent has to drop him? unreal....i think that is over the top. Its gonna effect this kid- its gonna follow him- but its not gonna derail his career. It takes forever to get guys ready to win anyway- hes 20 years old. Kyrie is 24 and hes not even in his prime and still maturing. 4-5 years from now when Russell is getting ready to become a vet and winning player this will be in the distant past i would think.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was probably a form of gastroenteritis caused by one of Iggy Azalea's pumps being in his ass.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen A- is INSANE-- lakers might have to trade him- agent has to drop him? unreal....i think that is over the top. Its gonna effect this kid- its gonna follow him- but its not gonna derail his career. It takes forever to get guys ready to win anyway- hes 20 years old. Kyrie is 24 and hes not even in his prime and still maturing. 4-5 years from now when Russell is getting ready to become a vet and winning player this will be in the distant past i would think.

Yeah, that kind of shit is why I can't take anything Stephen A. says seriously. He's an angry, loud version of 2 old ladies gossiping.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see why the team is ignoring him after that. Will be interesting to see if they can patch this up or they have to take more drastic measures. I mean Kobe and Shaq could keep it together but that's because they knew they were bringing in chips for each other. This is one where sure you may be losing your top building block, but it isn't like he's a great player, you hope he could become that though. Of course if this is enough to force him out, it isn't like his trade value will be good.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe did the same but he didn't have actual proof. But if Kobe could get over being booed and getting called a rapist everywhere he went then I'm sure this can go away eventually.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe did the same but he didn't have actual proof. But if Kobe could get over being booed and getting called a rapist everywhere he went then I'm sure this can go away eventually.
Yeah the only ones that calls him a rapist any more are douche's in here

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the only ones that calls him a rapist any more are douche's in here

But there's a big difference between keeping someone like Kobe, who his team was still behind and a guy who's yet to prove himself.

Plus I don't think many actually believed he raped anyone, just that he cheated, but like to bring that up to piss off Laker fans.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
getting booed by the home crowd when announced, being publicly skewered by athletes and reporters, and ex athletes all across the media, being ostracized and isolated by his teammates.

If this kid can get through THIS shit he will have shown some mental toughness. Damn.

it just sucks. In 2016 when you screw up EVERYONE in the whole freaking world knows about it.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But there's a big difference between keeping someone like Kobe, who his team was still behind and a guy who's yet to prove himself.

Plus I don't think many actually believed he raped anyone, just that he cheated, but like to bring that up to piss off Laker fans.
You would have a point except that it's already been reported that Russell apologized and Young accepted that apology. If Russell agreed not to do that any more - and apologize - I don't see an issue - it's over

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always just remind them that the women got paid for her activity - which is the reason she went to that room to begin with.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude's a bum anyway. Then this? He's garbage. Fuck him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol...Bill Simmons' book has a HILARIOUS passage on the Kobe/Colorado criminal case thing...it was freaking hilarious.....

let me try and find it....it involves "the trinity". lol.

Footnote from the Book of Basketball- A MUST READ

When Colorado police interrogated Kobe about sexual assault, Kobe inexplicably mentioned that Shaq dealt with stuff like this (apparently meaning a hookup gone wrong) all the time. FYI: This is why Shaq hated Kobe! Also, theres a legendary tale, probably apocryphal--about David Stern's team having an emergency meeting to discuss Kobes charges, with someone theorizizing that Kobes mistake was not realizing this innocent Colorado girl wasnt as experienced as NBA grouplies, so when he tried for "the trinity" it didnt go over too well. A confused Stern apparently asked someone to explain the trinitiy. There was an ackward silence, followed by someone hesitantly explaining a popular sexual act in NBA circles that I am afraid to even print. Apparently the look on Sterns face was beyond priceless and hasnt been approached before or since. Also, House and I had a coin flip to see who to use "The Trinity" for their next fantasy team name. House won.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would have a point except that it's already been reported that Russell apologized and Young accepted that apology. If Russell agreed not to do that any more - and apologize - I don't see an issue - it's over

Not sure Nick Young apologized, he said he didn't in twitter (and quickly deleted it). We'll see if it really is over or not.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure Nick Young apologized, he said he didn't in twitter (and quickly deleted it). We'll see if it really is over or not.
Hoops Hype says he apologized and Young accepted it. ESPN says he apologized as well - I already posted the links -

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoops Hype says he apologized and Young accepted it. ESPN says he apologized as well - I already posted the links -

I know... he didn't in his press conference about it and tweeted that he didn't when people were reporting he did. Some say he did, he says otherwise thus far. People also reported that the locker room situation with Russell is a disaster...

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...Bill Simmons' book has a HILARIOUS passage on the Kobe/Colorado criminal case thing...it was freaking hilarious.....

let me try and find it....it involves "the trinity". lol.

Footnote from the Book of Basketball- A MUST READ

When Colorado police interrogated Kobe about sexual assault, Kobe inexplicably mentioned that Shaq dealt with stuff like this (apparently meaning a hookup gone wrong) all the time. FYI: This is why Shaq hated Kobe! Also, theres a legendary tale, probably apocryphal--about David Stern's team having an emergency meeting to discuss Kobes charges, with someone theorizizing that Kobes mistake was not realizing this innocent Colorado girl wasnt as experienced as NBA grouplies, so when he tried for "the trinity" it didnt go over too well. A confused Stern apparently asked someone to explain the trinitiy. There was an ackward silence, followed by someone hesitantly explaining a popular sexual act in NBA circles that I am afraid to even print. Apparently the look on Sterns face was beyond priceless and hasnt been approached before or since. Also, House and I had a coin flip to see who to use "The Trinity" for their next fantasy team name. House won.
Ancient news - Kobe paid the p.rostitute off and she got out of the game - Good for her

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know... he didn't in his press conference about it and tweeted that he didn't when people were reporting he did. Some say he did, he says otherwise thus far. People also reported that the locker room situation with Russell is a disaster...
Old news already - They will get over it as long as Russell remains sincere - He knows he will have to at it which is the way it should be. That's part of being a twenty year old. Making mistakes and growing up - it's also the reason you're not allowed to drink until your 21 and personally I think they should raise the legal drinking age to 30

Status
Not open for further replies.