• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers locker room isolating D'Angelo Russell after video surfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Young looked sad.

Poor Nick is probably sleeping on the couch

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Nick may be a knucklehead, but the guy doesn't have a mean bone in his body (might be a better player if he did). From everything I've ever read or heard about him, he's not much of a grudge guy.

But that's okay, I'm sure @bksballer89 will hold that grudge for him. :heh:

Nick said he'll work it out with Russell in private (meaning he's going to put his hands on the 14 year old)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just the issue the Lakers haters wants this to be - sorry fellas, but Russell is not going to fall on his face and get traded because one childish prank.
I agree that i cant see this derailing the guys career or the Lakers trading him for fifty cents on the dollar- that doesnt make sense......I think that you charecterizing at as a "childish prank" really doesnt get the whole picture- its not just a prank gone bad- its the sanctity of the locker room and the REAL and very serious ramifications it will have on Young. I think it was probably MEANT as a childish prank- but Russell lacked the ability to understand the seriousness of what he was doing.

Jeff Saturday was just on ESPN and said that if that happened in an NFL locker room there would be a fight.

This is what Antonio Davis was saying-

"If you're on my team, we spend so much time together and we go through everything together, we're more than just friends." said ESPN NBA analystAntonio Davis, who played for 13 seasons and is a former president of the NBA Players Association. "We're like brothers because of everything we've gone through. So for your brother to do something like that and for it to end up on social media, that's lower than low. It says so much about [Russell]. I think it might get so bad that he's going to have to be traded. If I'm on that team, I'm not playing with him. It would literally be hard for me to sit in the locker room with him."

I dont agree with that- that he is gonna have to get traded- i dont think that makes sense in a lot of ways- especially because the team is going to get turned over. Who knows- from what we have heard about Russell previously from Scott was how immature he is- maybe this incident forces him to mature faster than he otherwise would have. As to any lasting effect- I really have no clue- i have no clue what the dynamics of a locker room are like that and how much that matters- a lot of athletes and former athletes seem to be on both sides- some thinking hes in some serious dog shit- and others thinking itll go away....i dunno- i guess we will have to wait and see.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah - I'm not that good at either, but there are some tricks to getting better - this year there was nothing coming free in the free agency - usually some one drops a good player or a draft turns out to be good - this was about as bad as I have been

It's not making trades, etc. It's that I literally forgot all about being in the league. Did the same thing with a couple of other fantasy leagues that I tried in the past.

The only reason I remembered the other day was because I was at a buddies house having some beers and I got an e-mail notification on my phone and said "Why do I occasionally get these fantasy league updates?" He said, "Are you in a fantasy league?"

My response was something like this: "No, I don't do that sh...:shocked: Yes, forgot all about it" :L

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not making trades, etc. It's that I literally forgot all about being in the league. Did the same thing with a couple of other fantasy leagues that I tried in the past.

The only reason I remembered the other day was because I was at a buddies house having some beers and I got an e-mail notification on my phone and said "Why do I occasionally get these fantasy league updates?" He said, "Are you in a fantasy league?"

My response was something like this: "No, I don't do that sh...:shocked: Yes, forgot all about it" :L
:pound::pound:Not that it would have helped much this year, but :pound::pound::pound:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick said he'll work it out with Russell in private (meaning he's going to put his hands on the 14 year old)

If that's what happens, then that's what happens and Russell will learn. Bet it's a loooong time before Russell takes video of anything.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's what happens, then that's what happens and Russell will learn. Bet it's a loooong time before Russell takes video of anything.

Honestly the thing that confused me is why would you post a video on social media? If it was really a joke, wouldn't you just keep it to yourself and show Nick afterwards so you guys could have a good laugh about it? The posting it on social media made zero sense to me

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that i cant see this derailing the guys career or the Lakers trading him for fifty cents on the dollar- that doesnt make sense......I think that you charecterizing at as a "childish prank" really doesnt get the whole picture- its not just a prank gone bad- its the sanctity of the locker room and the REAL and very serious ramifications it will have on Young. I think it was probably MEANT as a childish prank- but Russell lacked the ability to understand the seriousness of what he was doing.

Jeff Saturday was just on ESPN and said that if that happened in an NFL locker room there would be a fight.

"If you're on my team, we spend so much time together and we go through everything together, we're more than just friends." said ESPN NBA analystAntonio Davis, who played for 13 seasons and is a former president of the NBA Players Association. "We're like brothers because of everything we've gone through. So for your brother to do something like that and for it to end up on social media, that's lower than low. It says so much about [Russell]. I think it might get so bad that he's going to have to be traded. If I'm on that team, I'm not playing with him. It would literally be hard for me to sit in the locker room with him."

I dont agree with that- that he is gonna have to get traded- i dont think that makes sense in a lot of ways- especially because the team is going to get turned over. Who knows- from what we have heard about Russell previously from Scott was how immature he is- maybe this incident forces him to mature faster than he otherwise would have. As to any lasting effect- I really have no clue- i have no clue what the dynamics of a locker room are like that and how much that matters- a lot of athletes and former athletes seem to be on both sides- some thinking hes in some serious dog shit- and others thinking itll go away....i dunno- i guess we will have to wait and see.
Ah, bullshit, I think you guys that are fans of some one other than the Lakers are making more of than you need to. The guy didn't photograph them in the nude or something bad, He video taped the conversation and then told him he was putting it on the net - Young then had a chance to respond unless it was done gone. Either way Young has already accepted Russell's apology - It's over

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to Russell, he and Nick Young video themselves and each other doing stupid shit and prank each other all of the time. Apparently a few of the young guys do this. Russell seems truly sorry for what happened and according to a report, Young forgave him.

Seems like it'll be okay and Russell even mentioned that he understands he's going to have work to earn the trust of his current and future teammates.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'd imagine things are a bit tense at home.
You're a married man - I bet you know what it's like to get put out on the couch for a night or two - Then you apologize(The women always win these) and then you get your love back

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Russell, he and Nick Young video themselves and each other doing stupid shit all of the time. Russell seems truly sorry for what happened and according to a report, Young forgave him.

Seems like it'll be okay and Russell even mentioned that he understands he's going to have work to earn the trust of his current and future teammates.
Stephen Jackson of the thug Pacers of course went to the "Snitches get stiches card". lol.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly the thing that confused me is why would you post a video on social media? If it was really a joke, wouldn't you just keep it to yourself and show Nick afterwards so you guys could have a good laugh about it? The posting it on social media made zero sense to me

Russell says he doesn't know how it got out. My guess would be that he sent it to someone else, who sent it another person and it got posted somewhere down the line.

We'll likely never know what really happened.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every man that has to sleep on the couch or the dog house a few times, knows what Young is going through

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a married man - I bet you know what it's like to get put out on the couch for a night or two - Then you apologize(The women always win these) and then you get your love back
well i think thats part of it--- if it costs Young his marriage- lol--- and like Young gets released because he thinks its because of this--- basically- if the man loses his fiance and job over this Nick Young is going to hate his guts till the day he dies---- if he can patch it up with Iggy (fucking Iggy? her name is IGGY? really? fucking IGGY?) and its all good and Nick can stay in LA itll be fine as time goes on i would think.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:lol: I have accounts with ProFlowers, Diamond Candles and Shari's Berries.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell says he doesn't know how it got out. My guess would be that he sent it to someone else, who sent it another person and it got posted somewhere down the line.

We'll likely never know what really happened.
That's the new catch all that went wrong phrase now - saying your phone got hacked

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen Jackson of the thug Pacers of course went to the "Snitches get stiches card". lol.

If Russell is a scratch for the game because of "general soreness" we'll know what really happened. :heh:

Status
Not open for further replies.