• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers locker room isolating D'Angelo Russell after video surfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Los Angeles Lakers, sputtering to the end of Kobe Bryant's farewell season with the worst record in franchise history, face a fresh crisis involving prized rookie point guard D'Angelo Russell, according to team sources.

Sources told ESPN.com that some teammates' trust in Russell is eroding after a video surfaced in the past week that shows Russell recording a private conversation between himself and teammate Nick Young. Young does not appear to realize he is being taped.

The video, which is believed to have come to light last week via the Twitter account of a celebrity gossip site, shows Russell filming Young while asking questions about Young being with other women. Young got engaged to Australian rapper Iggy Azalea last summer.

While it's unclear how the video became public, sources say the resulting tension in the Lakers' locker room in recent days was among the factors that contributed to L.A.'s limp showing in Salt Lake City on Monday night, when they absorbed a 48-point pounding from the Utah Jazz. The loss was the Lakers' worst in franchise history.

"Right now," one source said, "they're handling it by isolating him."

Sources: Russell tapes Young, opens Lakers rift

Wonder what this does to LA's chances of re-building through FA. I can't imagine players would be clamoring to go to LA and play with him now

Video in question

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything negative that I have read about him alludes to his immaturity.

The kid is a great talent.

But, this is a problem.

Young is actually engaged to her.

So, I'm sure she's not amused.

Wtf was this kid thinking?

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to fuck up Russell today. Entire team including Kobe

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell is a total POS

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell obviously leaked the video

The only reason for him to record it, has to be with the intention of getting it out there

Wow, cant imagine how this kid ever shakes this incident, even if he does become great

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it shocks me that he would be this dumb. The point guard is supposed to be the team leader. I guess all the Lakers officials can do is give it time and hope it slowly starts to fade away- but i dunno...good luck with that.

Im surprised Nick Young hasnt fought him. Maybe he has and we just dont know about it.

Kobe needs to straighten the kid out--- all though- isnt Kobe the one that ratted out Shaq? lol.....

imagine in NBA locker rooms how many guys have affairs, girls, etc- and you really NEVER hear about it- certainly NEVER from another player--- this guy broke that code. Its a long journey back from that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell is a total POS
I mean- it was a POS thing to do- but i tend to think he is just young and reall really dumb....or maybe he was mad he got bad pub from that thing in their car with nick young and that activist...who knows....

its hard for me to fathom that the kid was being malicious.....i would HOPE its just a really really really dumb and ill thought out practical joke.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always thought he should have stayed another year at Ohio State.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hear that? It's the sound of Russell's man card being revoked.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it shocks me that he would be this dumb. The point guard is supposed to be the team leader. I guess all the Lakers officials can do is give it time and hope it slowly starts to fade away- but i dunno...good luck with that.

Im surprised Nick Young hasnt fought him. Maybe he has and we just dont know about it.

Kobe needs to straighten the kid out--- all though- isnt Kobe the one that ratted out Shaq? lol.....

imagine in NBA locker rooms how many guys have affairs, girls, etc- and you really NEVER hear about it- certainly NEVER from another player--- this guy broke that code. Its a long journey back from that.

Why?
He was smart enough to go to The Ohio State University.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posted this on another thread:

According to the Lakers, it was supposed to be a prank and it went way wrong.

Apparently Byron was right when he questioned Russell's maturity. He's 19 and we're all pretty much dumbasses at 19. The problem for Russell is that he's a well known 19 year old dumbass. The Lakers have chosen to let the players handle it, which I think is the right call for now.

He will have to try to make some kind of amends to the team and particularly to Nick Young and they will eventually move past it. It will take him some time to earn back the trust of his teammates though.

On a bigger note: When the fuck are these idiots going to figure out that when you post shit on social media, it's out there forever, no matter how quickly you delete it?

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That boy (key term there) is gone from the Lakers.
you really think they have to get rid of him? i dunno....that would really really hurt them going forward....no one is going to give them anything close to market value for him at this point.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....she's stupid as hell. That doesn't shock me at all.

Idk. Lets see how this plays out.

Thanks bro might mean you save her from a messy divorce with that D-bag Nick Young.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you really think they have to get rid of him? i dunno....that would really really hurt them going forward....no one is going to give them anything close to market value for him at this point.

In a draft this devoid of PG talent, I think they'd do pretty well. Not perfect, but say 12 and 22 from the Celtics at least.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a draft this devoid of PG talent, I think they'd do pretty well. Not perfect, but say 12 and 22 from the Celtics at least.

For the #2 pick?

Hell no...lol

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell broke a man code(unintentionally I think), he deserves to be reprimanded in any way possible....but the Lakers better not even THINK of shipping him out. This is not Shaq saying pay me 30 mil. or trade me, this isn't Kobe saying he wants to play on pluto, THIS is a kid doing an immature thing, and it'll pass over time

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not buying is was a prank at all. douchebag wanted revenge or a shot at iggy and it backfired. despite all that the lakers roster is worse than the 76ers so russell isnt going anywhere. But nick young on the other hand.....

Status
Not open for further replies.