• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LA Dodgers 2013 Ongoing Thread

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just can't figure out Capuano who comes up with a gem tonight and my hat is off to him. I really expected him to tank, but, as he has done all year, he has continued to be unpredictable by winning a game after looking dreadful the last two. But, the Dodgers will take it.

Dodgers are set up to take at least 3 games from the Rockies in this Series and possibly sweep if the SP comes through as expected. Belisario is looking better, but would feel better with another RP on board.

Puig left the game. Hopefully it was not injury related.

Lakersfansince73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kershaw on the mound tonight and the Dodgers have a great shot to go 2-0 in this series.
Kersh is 4-0 with a 1.21 ERA in his last seven home starts against the Rockies -- all victories for Los Angeles. Pure domination.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is very dominating and the offense has finally picked up. Hopefully Puig is back in the Lineup.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kershaw on the mound tonight and the Dodgers have a great shot to go 2-0 in this series.
Kersh is 4-0 with a 1.21 ERA in his last seven home starts against the Rockies -- all victories for Los Angeles. Pure domination.

Important to remember that the Rockies have been playing without two of their best hitters, Tulo and Fowler, for awhile. Of course, that didn't help them last night, but still it's important to acknowledge that this team isn't the same one we last played in Colorado.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colorado is certainly capable of beating anyone on any given day. Right now the Dodgers have momentum on their side and the best pitcher in the League. Hopefully that will pay dividends tonight.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know about the premature trophy, but the Arizona team has done pretty well and continues to set the pace. They are presently the team to beat.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball is so unpredictable. Capuano handcuffs the Rockies, then Kershaw falls to the Rockies. Dodgers should shut Puig down until after the ASG so he can rest that bad hip.

Hoping Greinke has another great game today.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D-Backs are beating everyone except the Dodgers.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers are 3-0 the last 3 games against the D-Backs.

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey AZ-Dbacks, to set the record straight, the Dodgers have won 53% of their games against the D-backs all time and have won 50% or more of the games in every decade since the junior AZ club came into existence. Right now the Dodgers are trailing 2 games in the standings, but if the D-backs continue losing tonight as they currently are in the 5th inning, that will be 1 1/2 games. The D-backs have the worst division leading record of any division in the majors, and if the Dodgers can continue their current pace I expect them to overtake the D-backs in short order. It's great that you're a D-backs fan, but be careful with the bragging, especially in someone else's house. I see that you're new here, so maybe you don't know proper forum etiquette yet. Or maybe you do and you're just trolling.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey AZ-Dbacks, to set the record straight, the Dodgers have won 53% of their games against the D-backs all time and have won 50% or more of the games in every decade since the junior AZ club came into existence. Right now the Dodgers are trailing 2 games in the standings, but if the D-backs continue losing tonight as they currently are in the 5th inning, that will be 1 1/2 games. The D-backs have the worst division leading record of any division in the majors, and if the Dodgers can continue their current pace I expect them to overtake the D-backs in short order. It's great that you're a D-backs fan, but be careful with the bragging, especially in someone else's house. I see that you're new here, so maybe you don't know proper forum etiquette yet. Or maybe you do and you're just trolling.

I don't know if you consider what I said trash talk or trolling but if you do maybe you should not be so sensitive in the future. All I said was go D-Backs.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since 1998 (when AZ became a team) the Dodgers have 3 division titles compared to 5 for the D-Backs.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Diamondbacks are certainly a good team, and they've done well in the short time they have been in existence. Comparing the Arizona franchise to the Dodgers franchise is like comparing a bottle of Laffite-Rothchild wine to Ripple. The Dodgers history spans three different centuries while the D-Backs have only been around for about 20 years. The Dodgers have won more pennants than the number of years the Diamondbacks have been around.

But, this is 2013, and we have to look at what's going on this season. The Diamondbacks have done well in the last couple of seasons against the Dodgers, but what counts is what is going on right now and the Dodgers did sweep the Diamondbacks rather impressively just this week. One Series does not make a season, certainly, but for now, the Dodgers are riding high and the Diamondbacks are treading water. The Dodgers have picked up 7 games on Arizona in about a three week period.

Again, that only matters at the end of the Season, but bragging about any team at this point in the season is pretty dangerous.

The Diamondbacks can thank the schedule maker for sending the Brewers to town so they could actually win a couple of games before the All-Star break.

It should be a tight race to the end of the season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile, as long as we're talking about the Dodgers being on the rise.........Outstanding job tonight by Greinke as he shuts out the Rockies with relative ease. Dodgers only 2 1/2 games out.

Ricky Nolasco is on the hill tomorrow and I expect him to have another good performance. I'm sure he'll be pumped up making his debut at Dodger Stadium. Hopefully he turns that energy into outs and we head into the ASG taking 3 of 4 from the Rockies.

Nice game by Lincecum tonight as he no hit the Padres. Hated to see the Giants win, but hats off for a fine pitching performance.

The Giants now have 15 franchise no hitters, while the Dodgers have 23. Hideo Nomo was the last Dodger to pitch a no hitter.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greinke was very impressive today. I am a little nervous about the offense regressing again but the all star break is coming and the team really could use a rest. I hope Nolasco dominates and we take 3 out of 4 against the Rockies. Go Dodgers!

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if you consider what I said trash talk or trolling.... All I said was go D-Backs.

Yes I did, and no it wasn't.

Consider how you would feel if a Dodger fan came on the D-backs forum and did the boasting you've done here. Win the division title first, and then you'll have a right to boast.