• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LA Dodgers 2013 Ongoing Thread

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, not so much happening here at Dodgertown, so................, i'm off.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to think that just a couple of weeks ago they were dangling starters on the trade market. Next thing you know, Chad Billingsley will be undergoing Tommy John surgery and you guys all know it.

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse...it did.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of people expected this to happen to Billingsley. I don't expect to see him pitch again this season.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers open a three game set against the Mets tomorrow. Kershaw and Ryu need to win their games as there isn't a lot of likelihood that Lilly is suddenly going to pitch like Steve Carlton. He's been lit up in his Rehab games and I believe some of those were against "A" Ball hitters.

The Dodgers don't need to panic, but they need to find a reliable 5th Starter and someone who can hit playing 3B. Colletti is not a big waiver wire guy, but I hope he's making some phone calls. If not, the Dodgers may be Sellers at this year's trade deadline.

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers pulled Matt McGill in the 4th inning of his game last night. It looks like, if Lilly fails, that he is the next option to fill the 5th starter spot.

Hanley should be back in another week or so. I'd like to see him at 3B and bring Gordon back up to replace Sellers. Then between the two you'd at least have one good hitter and some speed. That's more than we have now.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry if this ruins anyones breakfast or lunch today, but....

Former Dodgers owner Frant McCourt netted a $ 1.278 BILLION profit in his sale of the Dodgers. That’s free and clear, after paying taxes and taking an offset for the debt assumed by the Dodgers’ new owners, reports Bill Shaikin of the L.A. Times.
We know this because he’s in court right now, trying to fight off a challenge from Jamie McCourt. Jamie is now trying to get a better deal than the one she walked away with when they settled their divorce. Her deal: $131 million, tax free. She now claims that Frank committed fraud when they settled, misleading her as to the value of the team. Of course, at the time, most folks thought she was getting a pretty good deal, being able to walk away from what then appeared to be a doomed business. Which she helped doom.
As for Frank, I’m struggling to think of anyone who has done better financially while making so many dumb and questionable decisions while running a baseball team. It’s either a testament to how hard it is to go broke as a team owner or a testament to how naive I am about how capitalism works at its highest levels.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adios Senior Mota, Y Vaya con Dios.

This isn’t exactly major, as Manny Mota has been only sort of a part time coach for several years, but it’s still the end of an era of sorts for the Dodgers. Bill Shaikin reports:
In recent years, Mota has coached on the field before the game, then changed out of his uniform and headed to the press box to scout the opposing team or work on the Spanish TV broadcast. He no longer coaches the major league hitters or travels with the major league team. With the Dodgers on the road this week, Mota traveled to the minor leagues and appeared at the dedication of a youth baseball field.
Mota is 75 and there’s a whole new regime, so it sort of makes sense. There can be only one Don Zimmer, right? Plus: the article suggests that Mota’s role will be expanded on the Spanish speaking broadcasts, which themselves will be expanding in the Dodgers new TV deal.

Always a favorite of mine. How about you?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More bad news. Sorry guys.

Dodgers righty Chad Billingsley will undergo Tommy John surgery tomorrow, announced the team, with the standard expected recovery time of one year. Elbow pain first surfaced for Billingsley in mid-July of last year. He had platelet-rich plasma injections in August and September and tried to rehab the injury, but Tommy John surgery was looming as a possibility. The 28-year-old made a pair of big league starts this year before the elbow problem resurfaced.

To me, he is a big fat ball of unreached potential.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to think that just a couple of weeks ago they were dangling starters on the trade market. Next thing you know, Chad Billingsley will be undergoing Tommy John surgery and you guys all know it.

I knew it!!! I fucking KNEW IT!

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough break for Billingsley. I agree he has been largely less than what was expected. He has had some moments of brillance, like last season before the Dodgers had to shut him down, but for the most part he has been a pitching disappointment.

I certainly don't wish him anything but the best in his recovery. The Dodgers definitely need to make a couple of moves now since I don't foresee Lilly lasting long.

BiffMcFly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
My take on the Dodgers in a nutshell this year is that they've already conceded the division to the Giants and they're limiting their goal to the wildcard already. I know it's too early to say that, but based on the way the proven Giants play you have to play all season to keep up with them. Dodgers have found a way to suck all the glory out of having a $200 million team with this awful start. They may end up being ok, but they suck all the pride and take all the fun away from having a $200 million team getting swept by the Padres and shutout by the Dbacks even though it's just April.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite all the turmoil with the Dodgers pitching staff, at least the Starters, they look good knocking off the Mets. Not expecting much from Lilly, but you never know.

Dodgers are only 3 back in the Loss column. Don't think they have conceded anything yet.

This would be a good time to call the Phillies and discuss a Cliff Lee deal :2cents: