• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wow! Canelo throws down the Gauntlet on De La Hoya

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda funny that Canelo should say anything. If Golden Boy hadn't stolen that first fight from GGG, it literally would have been hundreds of millions less on the second fight.

They stole GGG's hundreds of millions of dollars, they stole his fame, they stole his legacy to the non boxing public. I had made it through a lot of scandals with boxing and I somehow was still a fan, but that was the end of it for me.

Maybe De La Hoya is finally the one to blow the whole thing up. He's certainly been accused of enough stuff by enough people. Never would have thought that Mike Tyson would be the kindly funny old man that everyone loves, and Oscar De La Hoya would be the piece of shit villain.

I don't like how much the UFC basically steals money from it's fighters. But it's at least good for the sport. Hopefully boxing falls far enough eventually that UFC or somebody like them can step in and do the same exact thing but for boxing. Not independent promoters. No 700 different belts. No negotiating for different rules every fight. Just one organized league. Get in or get out. Fight when we tell you or don't fight at all. Fight who we tell you or work at Walmart.