• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LA Dodgers 2013 Ongoing Thread

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally, some good news for the Dodgers!!!

Hanley Ramirez told Mark Saxon of ESPN Los Angeles last Tuesday that he was going to return from the disabled list “way sooner” than expected. And it appears he wasn’t being overly optimistic.
According to Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times, Ramirez is on track to embark on a minor league rehab assignment next week and is hoping to join the Dodgers after just three games on the farm.
Hanley was given an eight-week rehabilitation timetable when he tore a ligament in his right thumb while playing third base for the Dominican Republic in the 2013 World Baseball Classic. He had surgery on March 22 and should be ready for activation by the second week of May. That’s a pretty remarkable recovery for a guy often labeled as apathetic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers let one get away tonight. Lilly pitched much better than I thought he would, but he still needs to improve the location of his pitches. A better hitting team would have teed off on him.

Josh Wall needs to be sent down. He's a bust so far.

Crawford did not look good in the field tonight. Dodgers can't be giving these games away.

Nice to see Kemp hit a HR even if it wasn't a typical blast.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kemp starting to hit finally. Bullpen sucks though, League tried to give another away today. Dodgers come home against the Brewers.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see the Dodgers win today and hold on. I think it was pretty remarkable that Uribe got on base four times today and that he is tied for the team lead in HR's. He also ended up getting the game winning hit today :omg:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was there any reason this past offseason to pay League so much? Jansen is one of the best in his craft.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jansen should be the closer and League is overpaid. The Dodgers signed League to his deal because Jansen's health status was uncertain. Fortunately Jansen is ok and he will probably be the Closer sometime during the Season. As for League.......he's a good 7th or 8th inning guy which may well be where he ends up. Most players are overpaid and the Dodgers can pretty much afford to pay whatever they want for guys like League.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steven Fife now goes on the DL. This pitching staff seems to be cursed this season. Matt McGill makes his first major league start tonight.

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unbelievable. The Dodgers must hold some kind of injury record now. Magill has been doing pretty well in triple A, better than Fife in fact, so it will be interesting to see how he does tonight. I'm glad he's in LA with a friendly crowd.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonzalez out of starting lineup due to leg infection.......and the beat goes on.

BiffMcFly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
That point is mute...as Sarek used to say in the Star Trek movies... The Dodgers fate lies within the hands of the power of the likes of Adrian Gonzelez & Carl Crawford. And the true leaders like like Kemp. Jim Hellwig approves of this message.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt McGill looked pretty good tonight, especially considering it was his first ML start. Sure am looking forward to getting Hanley back.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crawford showing power to the opposite field. Going to be a big year offensively if we can get Crawford, Ramirez and Kemp going together not to mention Adrian Gonzalez. Punto should get the start at 3rd after Hanley comes back until Luis Cruz starts to get it together. I'm actually not too worried about the pitching (I didn't expect Bills to play all year anyway), call me crazy but I liked what I saw from Fife last year and McGill looked pretty good as Sillas said. Still got Lee down in the minors too. Overall I'm eager to see how the season plays out, let's hope the injury bug doesn't plague us too badly, it already bit up my Lakers.

Didn't feel the need to talk about the bullpen, our bullpen usually does a great job year in year out. Didn't understand the money we gave League when we have Jansen but I guess the Dodgers were thinking we have money to burn and we can possibly lock down the 8th and 9th every game.

smf52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looked like Kershaw had a great game today! I guess my worries about potential arm problems are unfounded. In case any of you are wondering why a Rockies fan is happy about doing well- he is my ace on my fantasy team. I am also glad that the Rockies get to miss him in the upcoming series.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
smf52...........always good to see you on the Dodgers Board.......if there is such a thing on this site.

You're right about Kershaw.........no sign of any possible, undisclosed injury as evidenced by today's performance. You're right, too, that the Rockies won't have to face him, though Ted Lilly has actually done quite well against them in L.A.. That was before the shoulder problems, though.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was really ugly tonight. Maybe Matt McGill should take Lilly's spot in the rotation. Skip Schumacher was more effective than Lilly tonight. Also, another horrible outing by Josh Wall.

Glad to see Kemp is ok after getting hit by a pitch.

Shake this one off and get ready for tomorrow.

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lilly is getting an MRI on his back. At 37, his days may be numbered. Wall needs to go back to the minors for more work. But who will they replace him with? Maybe Withrow. The Dodgers should have kept Gregg, a proven reliever, who did well in ST.

Hanley is back and will hopefully be productive. That was a scary moment with Kemp.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lilly is getting an MRI on his back. At 37, his days may be numbered. Wall needs to go back to the minors for more work. But who will they replace him with? Maybe Withrow. The Dodgers should have kept Gregg, a proven reliever, who did well in ST.

Hanley is back and will hopefully be productive. That was a scary moment with Kemp.

I thought he might have broken his nose for a second...

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure was nice to have Hanley back and he certainly started his "playing" season off on the right foot. Ryu has been terrific this Season. I don't think anyone really knew what to expect from him. I sure like what I've seen.

Once Mark Ellis and Carl Crawford are back in the lineup we will finally be able to see the lineup we'd like to see on most nights. We just need a 3B with some pop to round this lineup off.

Hoping Beckett is up to the task tomorrow.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hanley's stroke looks like it picked up where he left off last year. Hanley imo was a bigger blow to the club than people think, Hanley may not overwhelm you with his batting average but he always finds a way to drive in runs. That's something we need a lot right now.