• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LA Dodgers 2013 Ongoing Thread

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised and pleased by Capuano's performance...but then again, it was the Marlins. League did his best to blow the game in the 9th but fortunately he was unsuccessful. I'm ready to see him gone. Jansen should be closing, and maybe Elbert can fill his spot in the pen.

Uribe has been hot, so this is the ideal time to try to offload him somewhere else. Put League, Uribe, Hernandez, Cruz, Sellers, and maybe a couple others in a package and see if we can get a serviceable 3rd baseman in the deal.

Sounds like Greinke may be back Wednesday. That seems awfully quick. I hope he's a fast healer.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Clayton Kershaw gets the Dodgers back in the Win column tomorrow and that Greinke is able to pitch on Wednesday so the Dodgers have some hope of winning this Series.

Jordan Zimmerman didn't have much trouble handling the Dodgers tonight. Things need to turn around pretty soon or we can start talking about next year.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tommy Lasorda + Dave Kingman = comedy gold. It was 35 years ago today that this little exchange occured.

35 years ago today, someone asked Tommy Lasorda what he “thought of Kingman’s performance” after Dave Kingman hit three homers and drove in eight against the Dodgers. Tommy:
“What’s my opinion of Kingman’s performance?” Lasorda said. “What the (expletive) do you think my opinion is of it? I think it was (expletive). Put that in. I don’t (expletive) care. What’s my opinion of his performance? (expletive). He beat us with three (expletive) home runs.
“What the (expletive) do you mean, ‘What is my opinion of his performance?’ How can you ask me a question like that? I’m (expletive) off to lose a (expletive) game, and you ask me my opinion of his performance?”

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CLASSIC!!!

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers need a fiery manager to get this complacent team off their asses. When LaSorda managed the Dodgers played with swagger.

Now they play like they are at a church social.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DEAR LORD WHY!!!!

Pedro Gomez of ESPN.com reports that Jonathan Sanchez has agreed to a minor-league contract with the Dodgers after being released by the Pirates last week.
Sanchez is 1-12 with an 8.73 ERA, .330 opponents’ batting average, and more walks (61) than strikeouts (60) in 78 innings since the beginning of last season, so presumably it would take a pretty impressive stretch at Triple-A for the Dodgers to consider calling him up.
That terrible pitching included allowing 18 runs in 13.2 innings for the Pirates and last season he wasn’t even much good in the minors.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colletti is insane signing this guy. I pray he never appears in a Dodger uniform. I pity poor Albuquerque every 4 or 5 days.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprising.

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Jonathan Sanchez? He's the answer? :scratch:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you know? I know I didn't.

It was on this date in baseball history in 1970 that, during a game against the Giants at Dodger Stadium, Alan Fish, sitting with friends from the Poinsettia Playground in the second row seats along the first base line, is struck in the head by a foul ball off the bat of Manny Mota. The 14-year-old boy will die four days later to become the only fatality as a result of a batted ball in major league history.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an absolute tragedy for a poor boy to lose his life so randomly. He'd be 57 now.

Did you guys ever hear the story of the fan who got hit twice in one inning by a foul ball and the second time was when they were laying on the stretcher being taken out? I forget who was telling that during a game one time. Might have been some guy like Ueker. But he swore it was true.

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice job by Capuano tonight. Too bad it was wasted. Jansen has been good, so it's hard to fault him too much. Sometimes things just happen. Can't really blame Mattingly tonight either. It was our pathetic offense that let us down. It may be time to sit Ethier for a few games and go with the hot hand in Van Slyke. Magill pitching tomorrow, so Braves probably get a sweep. It's getting harder and harder to watch these games.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read that the Tigers are looking for some BP help and perhaps the Dodgers should look in to trading a reliever or two for a guy like Andy Dirks. Maybe what they really need are a handful of guys who are really hungry.

Maybe these primma donnas need someone like Larry Bowa to kick them in their collective asses.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things keep getting uglier for OUR Los Angeles Dodgers. They have reached the zenith now........they can't hit, field or pitch, which is pretty much everything you would expect a major league team to do with some degree of expertise and consistency.....at least if they aspire to win a Championship.

What are the architects of this team thinking these days? I have a lot of respect for Stan Kasten. He must be beside himself about now and one can only wonder what the Dodgers' plan is going forward.

Baseball is a funny game. Things could all of a sudden turn around and at least OUR Los Angeles Dodgers haven't been buried in the Standings, yet......and that is a BIG......YET!!

For now we can only hold on and hope for the best.

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering the same thing, Silas...what are Kasten and the rest of the upper tier thinking. I'd love to be a fly on the wall. I see recent signs that something is beginning to change. Mattingly is on record as being upset with Gordon's failed attempt at stealing 3B yesterday, bewildered with Jansen's pitch selection in giving up the HR (ignoring Mattingly's signs for a different pitch from the dugout), and not happy with Federowicz for not making a trip to the mound to question Jansen. The latter may be why Fedex was sent back to AAA instead of Cruz. He can't be happy about today's errors and near total lack of offense either. Whether this change in attitude means he will now begin to crack down on the players, or whether the team will soon come flying apart into pieces, I don't know. At any rate, I'm sensing we may be getting closer to a significant change of some sort. The series with the Brewers may determine which way it goes from here.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, anything is possible and certainly crazier things have happened. And the Dodgers aren't buried yet because the teams at the top aren't winning a whole lot of games (let's all hope that continues). I'm hoping the Nats can beat up on the Giants for us. :hope:

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read another article that makes me further think that something is going on at the Dodger top ranks.

In reference to sending Fedex down instead of Cruz or Hernandez, Mattingly stated, "That was the move that the organization thought was best." Then, in reference to what will happen with Lilly when he comes off the DL, Mattingly said he wasn't sure if Magill would remain in the rotation or would be replaced by Lilly. These statements tell me that communications between Mattingly and his bosses is maybe not the best anymore, and perhaps they are starting to isolate him from decisions in order to make the ultimate separation a little easier.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beginning of the end. It will happen fast now. :2cents: