• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023-24 Ongoing Thread

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holtz getting going

Toffoli earning his sweater

Timo looked like Timo???

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways, let's just trade for Henrique and Gibson. Gibson may not be top tier but he's better than what we have and we desperately need an upgrade in net.

Henrique would be the perfect 3C on this team. Provides badly needed scoring to the bottom six and would finally give Holtz a legit playmaker to feed him instead of Haula, Lazar, Tierney etc.

Not sure what the status of our injured defenseman are but I'd love to add a boring, shot blocking vet back there. Going big game hunting for a guy like Hanging doesn't make a ton of sense. They'll cost a ton to get and we won't be able to afford to re-up them.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vanecek is a mess, no rebound control, can't track the puck, immediately goes to the ground, 2 weak goals so far. I'm done with him.

How Timo ever scored 40 is beyond me. No scoring touch, no instinct, had an open look in the slot and passed it. At this point plant him directly in front of the net and hope it bounces in off him.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate VV as a nhl goalie

Perhaps a wonderful guy to have laughs with

But he fucking kills this team and fans with thr constant backbreaking goals

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll blame injuries and rookies learning curve but this team is atrocious defensively and it's the coaching. Like a guy getting caught pinching or making a dumb pass are rookie mistakes, guys being totally lost and constantly having giant lapses in coverage is coaching. There's no discipline, no positioning, absolutely no structure.

Ruff needs to go to. Andrew Brunette got the offense going last year. He's gone and this team resembles every other year with Lindy.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll blame injuries and rookies learning curve but this team is atrocious defensively and it's the coaching. Like a guy getting caught pinching or making a dumb pass are rookie mistakes, guys being totally lost and constantly having giant lapses in coverage is coaching. There's no discipline, no positioning, absolutely no structure.

Ruff needs to go to. Andrew Brunette got the offense going last year. He's gone and this team resembles every other year with Lindy.
When they resigned Ruff, while I understood the reason but never thought he should've stayed however, resigning him was like ok for but I was under the impression/influence that Brunette was here to take it over in a moment's haste once things start to look bad.

Then Brunette left and look what you have here again... fucking sucking.

Can't even keep a goal scorer like Timo a goal scorer.... fucking awful.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this hurts a lot.

Idk if you agree, but I personally feel we lost SOOOO much team speed and size in such a short time frame.

The injuries on defense certainly hurt. Dougie and Siegs are big bodies and while Smith wasn't great he was one of the few physical players we had. McLeod is another speed guy that brought some level of physicality. Add to that how deflating the bad goals against are and yeah, you get a team that's not looking 100%

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm overseas, just caught the highlights, looks like it was a great time. Anybody go?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GTFO of here Lindy, the 2 reporters we have ask you about this glaring flaw in our game and you crumble? This is your mess, don't try and blame anyone else

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im disgusted

the NYR legit beheaded Bastian and Ruff stood there and did not get angry...

f outta here.... excess pressure? time to go Felicia.