• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LA Dodgers 2013 Ongoing Thread

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonzalez is out tonight due to a neck injury when he bumped into an umpire. It's amazing how Dodger players keep getting hurt. Another game without our regular lineup. Mark Ellis has missed 5 or 6 games now. If he can't play the Dodgers need to bring someone else up and stop playing short-handed.

Tough to have continuing injury problems with a big Series at hand.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season just gets more bizarre as Hanley Ramirez pulls a hammie tonight running from 1st to 3rd. We had him for a couple of games and he'll probably end up back on the DL.

The Dodgers continue to trot out an enemic offense. They outhit the Giants tonight by a bunch and left at least a dozen runners on base.

Luis Cruz is worthless. He simply needs to go. Sellers is good as a late inning defensive replacement only.

With all the injuries and the lack of depth, this team better hope they can stay within range of the leaders.

It's also about time that management does something to fill these holes if they are truly committed to winning. Calling a couple of players up would be a decent start, but, in the meantime, Colletti needs to put the knife and fork down and start working the phones to get some guys who can contribute off the bench. It's a joke.

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a dismal situation when half your team is out on injuries and the other half isn't running on all cylinders. It's hard to imagine a worse situation for the Dodgers, but every day, in fact, does seem to get worse with a new injury. I wonder who the new wounded one will be today? Mattingly must think he is living a nightmare.

The Dodgers have no choice now but to make some call ups. Who will it be...Gordon, Van Slyke, Puig, Castellanos, Federowicz?

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I imagine the Dodgers will call up Gordon. Mark Ellis is probably headed to the DL on Monday.

Dodgers should send Cruz down, if they are not going to DFA him and bring up Castellanos.

It's a mess, but management doesn't seem to have any sense of urgency.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Gordon did get the call and he had a nice game tonight and was something of a sparkplug for the offense.

As usual, when the Dodgers actually do score a lot of runs and drive in RISP, the bullpen gives it away. Seems that if it's not one thing it's another with this club.

It was nice to see the Dodgers battle back, but this team is far removed from a playoff caliber team. Management has work to do and needs to stop dragging their feet.

Javy Guerra is another guy who should not be on the big league roster. Belasario has been horrible and League was in trouble during his turn on the hill. Why isn't Jansen closing? How long and how many games will the Dodgers give away before Mattingly and company figure that out?

Despite all of the above, the Dodgers are, remarkably, only 4 1/2 games out of 1st place. That may change if the Dodgers' injury woes continue.

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May 4 injury of the day: Hairston trips over suitcase in hotel room; hits head on desk, requiring stitches. Then, tweeks groin during game and is removed in 5th inning, resulting in Cruz playing 1B for first time in his career. What will the injury(s) be today?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a quick little tug at the heartstrings. It got little pub, but Matt Kemp became a hero to a young fan last weekend at A T & T.

"Matt Kemp is such a great person. He came over after the game and made one of my best friends night :) he's fighting a tough battle and this was such a great gift by Matt Kemp ! I'll never forget this."

Kemp gives the fan a signed ball. Then he gives him his hat. That's not the end, he gives him his jersey and shoes!

Talk about going way over, above, and beyond........

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Kemp isn't hitting HR's on the field this season, but he sure hit a HR where it counts.

Good job, Matt Kemp!!:clap:

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a quick little tug at the heartstrings. It got little pub, but Matt Kemp became a hero to a young fan last weekend at A T & T.

"Matt Kemp is such a great person. He came over after the game and made one of my best friends night :) he's fighting a tough battle and this was such a great gift by Matt Kemp ! I'll never forget this."

Kemp gives the fan a signed ball. Then he gives him his hat. That's not the end, he gives him his jersey and shoes!

Talk about going way over, above, and beyond........

[YOUTUBE]WZUXTUrj4WM&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CINCINNATI -- On its own merits, Tuesday's thrilling 5-4 walk-off win for the Reds will be memorable for the 25,730 fans at Great American Ball Park. For manager Dusty Baker, it's even more special.
When Devin Mesoraco and Shin-Soo Choo connected for back-to-back two-out home runs in the ninth against Craig Kimbrel to take the game, it gave Baker career win No. 1,600.
That put Baker all alone in 18th place on the all-time wins list, passing Dodgers great and Hall of Famer Tommy Lasorda.
"That was one of the best victories I can remember out of the 1,600," Baker said. "It might be the top one. It's quite an honor to pass my old skipper, Tom Lasorda, too. I tied Tom Lasorda against my old club, the Cubs. I passed him with my original club, the Braves. That was probably the best victory I could imagine."
Baker, 63, began his big league managerial career in 1993. He has a career record of 1,600-1,446. Up next is Hall of Famer Fred Clarke, who has 1,602 wins.
Ten of the managers ahead of Baker on the list are in the Hall of Fame and three others -- Tony La Russa, Bobby Cox and Joe Torre -- rank in the top five in wins.
"That's incredible," Mesoraco said. "Dusty brings so much to the game. He's been around for so long. Just the guys he has the information from after being in the game so long, you collect information from guys that you play with. He's an encyclopedia of sorts."
The Reds were down to their final strike against Kimbrel when Mesoraco sent a 3-2 pitch into the first row of seats in right-center field. Choo followed by a hitting a 2-1 fastball 432 feet to left-center field.
"That's exciting," Baker said. "That's why you play nine and play all the outs. You never really know. We beat one of the best closers in the game today."

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is an early RUMOR, one that I hope is not true. I am hearing today that the Dodgers are going to put Adrian Gonzalez on the D.L, and will then be calling up Scott Van Slyke.

I/we/The Dodgers don't need A-Gone gone and hurt, and, from what I have seen of Van Slyke so far, call me rather underwhelmed.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's hurt, he's hurt. In which case, it's time to Bring Van Slyke up. And you are talking the 15-day DL, not the 60, right?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's hurt, he's hurt. In which case, it's time to Bring Van Slyke up. And you are talking the 15-day DL, not the 60, right?

From the little info I have seen, it looks more like a 15 day thing than 60. And, of course they need to make this move if he is hurt. However, I myself see no reason as to why Puig could not be the call up.

What is there to lose?

:2cents:

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would appear that Adrian Gonzalez is in the lineup tonight against Miami and that Scott Van Slyke has been called up.

He has never done much at the major league level so we'll see if he's progressed or not.

Greinke is expected to be back to make a start against Washington this coming Wednesday. He may be rusty for a start or two, but at least he appears healthy enough to rejoin the rotation and will, in time, be a big positive to the starting staff.

Greinke is pitching a rehab game tonight.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a fan of this team, you don't know if you should laugh or cry. Everyone is beating the Dodgers, even the worst hitting club in baseball.

From what I've read, managment is waiting to see how the team does once the injured starters return and have a chance to show what they can or can't do. By then, this season will essentially be over for the Dodgers and the only reason for playing will be to have their overpaid players make some attempt to earn a paycheck. Meanwhile, will the Dodgers decide to start looking at what they have in the farm system?

How can they do that and allow all these mega-millionaires to sit?

The air is foul in L.A. and there is no end in site.

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chalk the last loss up to Ron Belisario. He's been completely ineffective this year. Either he has his head somewhere it shouldn't be, is hurt, or maybe he's back on the white powder. He has given away 4 of the Dodgers 21 loses. If those were all wins, the Dodgers would be a 500 club right now. It was a good night for Crawford, Gonzalez, Ellis, and even Magill did fairly well. But why does Dodger management keep hanging on to some of these ineffective players that perform like culls night after night?

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, imagine that, the Dodgers won a game.......even if it was against the lowly Marlins. And, they scored 7 runs......propelled by Dee Gordon's mighty blast.........4 hits by Ethier........a couple of hits and RBI's by Schumacher.........and some more welcomed hitting by Juan Uribe......not to mention a nice outing by Mr. Ryu.

So, it's a start.......next week will be a real test as the Dodgers take on the Nats and the Braves.

A win is a win, so we'll gladly take it.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it's time to break up the Dodgers as they mount a whole 2 game winning streak. As nice, and important, as the two wins are, I'm not terribly impressed considering those wins have come against the Marlins. I will be impressed if the Dodgers take two out of three from their next two opponents, the Nationals and Braves.

Scott Van Slyke had a nice day with a HR and RBI single. Now the question is, can he keep it up??

Chris Capuano did well, which the Dodgers certainlyl needed.

Brandon League needs to stay away from the 8th and 9th innings. He's been a big disappointment and is capable of blowing every game he enters.

All in all, a good day, but not one that fosters much encouragement just yet.