• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LA Dodgers 2013 Ongoing Thread

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go to the board main page and look for the red button near the top that says "New Thread."

Los Angeles Dodgers

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Van Slyke has done quite well this season, but with Puig playing so well and the money being paid to Crawford, Kemp and Ethier it kind of figures Van Slyke would be the odd man out.

If one of these guys gets hurt, or Ethier/Crawford gets traded, then Van Slyke will be back.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally don't think Van Slyke is ready just yet. Just my opinion though.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, it seems Kemp is hurt again (shoulder). If he goes back on the DL we will no doubt see Van Slyke again. Dodgers just can't seem to keep everyone healthy at one time.

Dodgers will hopefully acquire Nolasco this weekend and/or Garza later this month. If money is no object, I'd go after both of them and give the Dodgers the best SP staff in the League, if not all of baseball.

Then, sign Cano and someone to play 3B and shore up the BP. This team would be set if it could stay healthy.

Dodgers up 8-1. Things are looking good!

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, it seems Kemp is hurt again (shoulder). If he goes back on the DL we will no doubt see Van Slyke again. Dodgers just can't seem to keep everyone healthy at one time.

They say Kemp is day-to-day, but he is will likely sit for the rest of the weekend. A bummer since we could've really used a Kemp/Crawford/Puig OF against Bumgarner. Hate to start Ethier against tough--I mean ALL--lefties.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys will be excited to see this.

Last edited by a moderator:

DodgerLou80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we get him, I hope we don't give up a bundle for him, since he'll be nothing but a rental.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those 4 strikeouts by Puig on Saturday....convinced me to vote 400 times for him. :laugh3:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those 4 strikeouts by Puig on Saturday....convinced me to vote 400 times for him. :laugh3:

Enjoy it because there's another game tomorrow buddy! Now we see if Puig has what it takes to be an all-star, he got fooled badly all day today. We'll see if he adjusts.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, the Tigers would love to have Puig. They might actually win a WS game if they had him.

Puig will be just fine. He can't get a hit every time up, or every game. I also believe he'll be voted into the ASG. That should make AL fans very nervous.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the Dodgers lost to Bumgarner today, an All-Star pitcher. Nothing to be ashamed of there. Tomorrow, Kershaw, another All-Star pitcher will have the Dodgers back into the Win Column.

Dodgers now have Nolasco who is a terrific addition and upgrade for the team. Dodgers have a big three game Series coming up against Arizona. They need to focus on winning 2 of 3. If they can do that most of the time, they'll be in good shape.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the Dodgers lost to Bumgarner today, an All-Star pitcher. Nothing to be ashamed of there. Tomorrow, Kershaw, another All-Star pitcher will have the Dodgers back into the Win Column.

Dodgers now have Nolasco who is a terrific addition and upgrade for the team. Dodgers have a big three game Series coming up against Arizona. They need to focus on winning 2 of 3. If they can do that most of the time, they'll be in good shape.

Nolasco should be making his debut in that series. The only question is if Donnie will have him slide right into his "spot" on the rotation or if he'll start him sooner than that in order to give everyone else a day off. If I'm not mistaken, he can open the series for the Dodgers and be on his normal rest.

I double-checked. He could pitch Monday if Mattingly wants him to. As the rotation is lined up currently, that would be Zack Greinke's spot.

Monday: Greinke
Tuesday: Capuano
Wednesday: Ryu

Then back to LA on Thursday for four games before All-star break

Thursday: Fife
Friday: Kershaw
Saturday: Greinke
Sunday: Capuano

The way I look at it, there are a few options:

A) Take Capuano out of rotation (goes to bullpen), slot in Nolasco for Tuesday and Sunday.
B) Take Capuano out of rotation (goes to bullpen), slot in Nolasco for Monday and push Greinke back a day, leaving everyone else the same.

C) Take Fife out of rotation (option to minors), start Nolasco on Tuesday and Sunday, and start Capuano on Thursday.

I prefer options A and B. The question then becomes, "Who loses a bullpen spot?" I'd just find a fake injury to DL some one (Oh, your back feels tight, Brandon? Down to the 15-day DL for you). Capuano is a capable long reliever in my opinion.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Option A Villain.

No, I mean, that's what they're doing. Don Mattingly told reports this morning that Capuano is going to 'pen and Fife is staying in rotation. Jose Dominguez or Chris Withrow will be sent down to make room on the 25-man.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see the Dodgers made the choices they made. Nolasco comes at a great time......hopefully.

Nice to take 2 of 3 from the Giants and send Romo home with his tail between his legs. Something about Romo just irks me to no end.

It is interesting how "international slot money" has become such a bargaining chip these days.

Dodgers need to keep on winning Series'. 2 out of 3 would be sweet against Arizona.

Nice to see Puig bounce back today. Where is that Detroit fan now?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Fife was optioned because Nolasco is here and he won't be needed til after AS Break?

DodgerLou80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I read that Fife went on the DL and Capuano will take his pot in the rotation.