• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LA Dodgers 2013 Ongoing Thread

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers in general are 11-23 against the west and that is why they are in last place. Win against the division and they can climb, continue to play even or lose, they will stay in last place.

It's pretty simple, isn't it?

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last guy to win the Cy Young Award on a last place club was Steve Carlton with Philadelphia, I believe. That was back in 1972, I believe. I haven't researched what happened since then.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers have won 3 straight and they are against NL West rivals. That's encouraging, and I believe the return of Hanley Ramirez, moving Jansen into the Closer's role, and the recent contributions by Capuano and Uribe have had a lot to do with this "mini" win streak.

What I find almost as remarkable as the Dodgers woeful record is the fact that the vaunted World Champion S.F. Giants are nothing more than a .500 team. In fact........the Dodgers are only 4 games behind the Giants in the Loss column. Injuries have certainly slowed down the Giants along with pitching that hasn't been what they have had in recent seasons.

Puig was Puig again tonight as he just about single handedly sent the Giants packing. As smart as Giants fans think Bochy is (the same guy they were trying to run out of town in 2009 and before), I was surprised that in the 8th inning, and the game on the line, he let Bumgarner stay in and face Puig. I guess Mattingly isn't the only manager who sits down on a sharp stick from time to time.

Are we really looking forward to seeing Kemp return from his rehab and continue on where he left off before his most recent injury?

Shouldn't the Dodgers and Kershaw have reached an agreement by now?

What's going on with Carl Crawford? What happens when Kemp, Crawford and Van Slyke are all ready to rejoin the MLB club? Does Van Slyke pinch hit and only start against LH pitchers? Does Puig play most every game while Kemp, Crawford and Ethier take turns sitting? Will Ethier or Crawford get traded?
Will the Dodgers keep winning or slip into their old ways?

A lot going on, but at least we have the pleasure of enjoying tonight as the Dodgers beat the Giants!!:clap:

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's going on with Carl Crawford? What happens when Kemp, Crawford and Van Slyke are all ready to rejoin the MLB club? Does Van Slyke pinch hit and only start against LH pitchers? Does Puig play most every game while Kemp, Crawford and Ethier take turns sitting? Will Ethier or Crawford get traded?

Crawford is not quite ready yet, but will be soon. I also see they are not rushing Kemp back like they tried to last season. IMO, Ethier WILL be traded and Crawford MIGHT be traded. If Crawford is not dealt, he and Van Slyke will split time in LF with Van Slyke getting the occasional day at 1B to give A Gone a day off.
I see the Dodgers making a 2nd half run once everyone is healthy....I have faith!

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Crawford is not quite ready yet, but will be soon. I also see they are not rushing Kemp back like they tried to last season. IMO, Ethier WILL be traded and Crawford MIGHT be traded. If Crawford is not dealt, he and Van Slyke will split time in LF with Van Slyke getting the occasional day at 1B to give A Gone a day off.
I see the Dodgers making a 2nd half run once everyone is healthy....I have faith!

I very much hope that Ethier gets shown the door. He is an MLB average OF guy, and the Dodgers can afford better. As such, let him go, and maybe bring back a versitile vetran infield guy, or, a # 3 type starting pitcher.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing Ethier (with us eating most of the contract) to the Red Sox for Middlebrooks

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would much rather get either some young talent (like Middlebrooks) or if we think we can make a run, a big time impending FA bat. As much as I love Nick Punto and Skip Schumaker (even when they were here in STL), I would want more for Ethier than that.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would much rather get either some young talent (like Middlebrooks) or if we think we can make a run, a big time impending FA bat. As much as I love Nick Punto and Skip Schumaker (even when they were here in STL), I would want more for Ethier than that.

I should have said a vet IF guy PLUS. Like Martin Prado (2B, 3B, OF ) and a young prospect. Or, Michael Young (1B, 2B, 3B), and 2 young prospects. That way, both of the guys above would become expendable.

Even if Skip's wife is very nice ( sat next to her this spring in Glendale ).

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have visions of Robinson Cano wearing Dodger Blue next season.

Nice game tonight, though Brandon League almost gave the game away. Nice guy with a lot of Tatoos, but this guy is a disaster out of the pen this season.

Nice to see Ramirez and others contributing to the Dodgers recent "surge". I just wish Kemp would regain his 2011 form. Things will get very interesting when Crawford returns.

Dodgers are apparently talking about Ricky Nolasco and Matt Garza. Beckett needs to sit out the rest of the season and get healthy, Lilly needs to retire. Fife should do for now as a 5th Starter. Nolasco would make a fine 3rd or 4th Starter.

Is Middlebrooks the real deal? I see where he has been struggling this season. No reason to give up Punto or Schumaker. Release Cruz.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nod: League is a diaster, Ethier is starting to hit, glad Kemp got at least 1 hit and didn't chase pitches, Nolasco would be fine, Lilly go away, Cruz go away, trade Crawford, Middlebrooks is struggling and sent down to AAA. Going for the sweep and 5 in a row.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the Dodgers haven't had much to cheer about this season. Sweeping the Series from the World Champion Giants is certainly a very nice thing to cheer about. Now we need to keep things going against the Phillies.

Pitching has kept the Dodgers in the mix so far considering they have given up the second fewest runs in the Division this Season. Adding Ricky Nolasco and another Relief Pitcher would really help as the offense comes back to life. The only regular missing now is Crawford.

Great Series. Always nice to send the Giants slithering out of town with their tail between their legs.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All indications are that Luis Cruz is the odd man out.

Last edited by a moderator:

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:But I don't know where to play Crawford plays right now. Do you really want to change the lineup from what it was at the end of the game last night?:think: I think, Hanley feeds off of Puig, Either feeds off of Hanley, A-Gon keeps slashing, Kemp won't be left out in the cold and Puig feeds off anything baseball at this time:nod: I wouldn't change anything but League right now, he wouldn't find a game in which it matters to play in because he is :bullshit:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd shop, waive or outright League. You can't tell me there's not a guy in your system that's not better than Brandon League. And I'd also consider putting Crawford on the block but it's still too early. Let a contender get desperate and maybe they'd be willing to claim him off waivers and the Dodgers can just walk away.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you an optimist or a pessimist?

Are the Dodgers in last place in the N.L West?

Or,

Are they only 6 games out of first at the 1/2 way point of the season?

Edubb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our boys in blue are rolling right now. I wouldn't change anything. You guys are right on about League, dude just can't get anyone out! I don't trust our bullpen one bit.

Keep Puig in the lineup and hang on to Crawford as trade bait for some bullpen help!

Dump League...

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crawford can DH in interleague games or play OF and let Kemp DH. And he is a switch hitting bat off the bench. Never bad to have that. I would keep him until the very last minute and see if someone in the AL gets VERY desperate.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:ksu, I agree that Crawford can DH and that is where the deal will come from, the American League. Defensively can't take Kemp out of the lineup but for a day of rest here and there.:nod: The problem with 4 outfielders is that a constant lineup is the best because of the confidence that it brings. A day off here or there can easily be done with someone other than one of the 4. I hope for a team that wants and will give up something for Crawford's salary:hope:. That lineup as it is now, Mark Ellis, Puig, A Gon, Hanley, Kemp, Either, Uribe, A.J. Ellis and a pitcher is not bad.:drool: Throw in Hairston at times at 3rd or 1st, Fed Ex for AJ, Sco for Ellis or in the outfield, and if the Dodgers stay healthy, 6 out is not that far away. Since we were 9-23 in the division, we are now 14-23, OK not a landslide but improvement.:clap: By the way, if I was to sum up the division right now, it is the Padres, not the Diamondbacks or Giants that are better at this point.:whistle:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, if I was to sum up the division right now, it is the Padres, not the Diamondbacks or Giants that are better at this point

90 wins this year, and that division is yours.