• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LA Dodgers 2013 Ongoing Thread

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd better not discuss this on your turf. That is all.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank goodness there were apparently no injuries. Puig in the face and Greinke on his already injured shoulder were both scary. I was glad to see the old guys get fired up. It shows they still have some fight left in them.

I see the Dodgers and D-backs will open the 2014 season in Australia, so maybe this will carry over into another year and another hemisphere.

Here is a little info concerning next years trip down under.

US Major League Baseball is coming to Sydney, with the opening series of next season – between the LA Dodgers and Arizona Diamondbacks – to be played at the Sydney Cricket Ground next March.
In a $13 million coup for the state government, the opening series of the MLB will be held at the SCG on Saturday March 22 and Sunday March 23 – the first time a competitive US baseball fixture will be held in Australia and only the sixth time one has been staged outside America.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anderson is supposed to be near major league ready, so perhaps we'll see him sooner rather than later, perhaps even before the end of the season.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting excited for tonight's game. The Giants already lost and we could sure use some help with you guys beating the D'bags.

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a quote from an article I just read. Kind of amazing.

"At first I thought Dodgers backup backstop Ramon Hernandez had the least likely stat line imaginable tonight: 1/4 with a HR *and* a SB... but then I did the math:
Since he entered the league (in 1999!), Hernandez has hit a HR on average once every 9.0 games played; he's a far less prolific base stealer: averaging only one SB per 169.6 games... Which means the probability of stealing a base and hitting a home run in the same game is almost infinitesimal: (1/9.0) * (1/169.6) = 0.000655 or approximately 1/1526... In other words, given his rates of production, we should expect him to hit a home run and steal a base on the same night only one time every 1526 games, which is practically never....
Except that last night was Ramon Hernandez's 1526th game as a major league ball-player."

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like only the Dodgers can create stories like this. Sure wish they could create some wins.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now we know......

The discipline has been handed down for the Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee on Tuesday night. Twelve different people were disciplined with eight being handed suspensions. The breakdown:
  • Ian Kennedy gets a ten-game suspension;
  • Eric Hinske gets a five-game suspension;
  • J.P. Howell and Skip Schumaker each get two-game suspensions;
  • Ronald Belisario gets a one-game suspension;
  • Dodgers coach Mark McGwire was suspended two games;
  • Dodgers manager Don Mattingly and Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson were each suspended for one;
  • Fines in undisclosed amounts were handed out to Zack Greinke, Yasiel Puig, Miguel Montero and Gerardo Parra;
  • The Dodgers were fined as a team for allowing players on the disabled list — Josh Beckett and Chris Capuano — to go out onto the field during the fight. How they, as a team, were supposed to stop them when their managers and coaches were all out there fighting too I have no idea.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now we know......

The discipline has been handed down for the Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee on Tuesday night. Twelve different people were disciplined with eight being handed suspensions. The breakdown:
  • Ian Kennedy gets a ten-game suspension;
  • Eric Hinske gets a five-game suspension;
  • J.P. Howell and Skip Schumaker each get two-game suspensions;
  • Ronald Belisario gets a one-game suspension;
  • Dodgers coach Mark McGwire was suspended two games;
  • Dodgers manager Don Mattingly and Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson were each suspended for one;
  • Fines in undisclosed amounts were handed out to Zack Greinke, Yasiel Puig, Miguel Montero and Gerardo Parra;
  • The Dodgers were fined as a team for allowing players on the disabled list — Josh Beckett and Chris Capuano — to go out onto the field during the fight. How they, as a team, were supposed to stop them when their managers and coaches were all out there fighting too I have no idea.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All in all I'd say the Dodgers didn't come out too badly on the suspensions. It could have been worse. I expect there will be appeals.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All in all I'd say the Dodgers didn't come out too badly on the suspensions. It could have been worse. I expect there will be appeals.

Appeals? The Dodgers are just fine with what happened, trust me! It's the D'backs that will be filing and winning appeals. Hinske was a peacemaker and got a 5 game suspension but Dodgers who threw punches didn't even get fined? Mindblowing lack of fairness here. Twitter exploded when they made that decision. And the 10 games for Kennedy is unprecedented. That should be reduced.

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There nearly always are appeals, and they could come from either side. A logical strategy would be to appeal some of the suspensions in order to ensure they are staggered and not all the players are out at one time. As for Kennedy, the sentiment I've mostly seen in the press so far is that his suspension is too short. Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to be biased. Aside from Kennedy I believe the Dodgers actions were more aggressive in the brawl, so like my first post said I think they came out pretty well on this deal.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times reports that a settlement of the long-brewing Dodgers TV deal has been reached and it will mean about $7 billion for the team over time. That’s all interesting, but the implications of it are more interesting. Check out this quote from one of the team’s owners when asked if the Dodgers are going to be able to sign big deals as a result of their TV money windfall:
Boehly declined to comment on specific players. However, when asked whether the Dodgers could afford to take on two players with $200-million contracts if the baseball operations department recommended it, he answered, “Yes … And, if there was a need to put another $100 million into the stadium, we could do that to.”

:yahoo:

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Greinke should have been suspended. Kennedy got exactly what he deserved and no one is going to win any appeals.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Greinke should have been suspended. Kennedy got exactly what he deserved and no one is going to win any appeals.

Kennedy is going to make his next start, and then deal with his suspention/appeal after, to take advatage of a couple of days off in the following weeks schedule.

At least that is what I am hearing, and what one of my fantasy teams needs to happen.....

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Belisario will be serving his one game tonight.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It' too bad Belasarrio didn't get suspended for a couple of months!!:clap:::nod: