• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LA Dodgers 2013 Ongoing Thread

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donny Baseball should be renamed to Donny Softballs because it takes balls to cut bait.:gaah:League isn't evena decent set up man let alone a closer.:noidea:If Jensen isn't the closer by tonight, then Donny Softballs hit the road to AAA baseball:Cry:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that they plucked him from the Mariners, I have/had no issue with. My issue is that they gave him the big contract, and annointed him closer, without giving Jansen a chance to win the job himself.

Now, they have to taek action to admit they really blew it here, hopefully sooner than later, and, someone is probably going to have to pay for this decision with their job.

Money and talent are always wonderful things to have. HOWEVER, it is how you use it and what you do with it that really matters.

I agree, I was completely surprised when they resigned League for that amount of money. Jansen has been arguably the best relief pitcher in the league for the past couple of years.

I've been on the Mattingly bandwagon but I'm ready to jump off, this team needs a change in the locker room if this stuff keeps up.

Bottom line we need Crawford, Kemp and Ramirez to all come back and stay back so they can at least find a little rhythm. Otherwise we have no shot at the playoffs with the team currently constructed. I don't feel like Van Slyke deserves to be a starter in the league yet.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
League looked terrified on the mound last night because he knew he shouldn't be in that situation. He was throwing batting practice to those guys.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers new owners have made a lot of changes since coming on board , but they forgot that changes need to be made to the coaching staff as well. Frankly, the only coach I would keep is Davey Lopes. I would fire Mattingly and all the rest of them. I'd fire the entire training staff as well. I would keep Puig, Kemp, Gonzalez, Kershaw, Ryu, Jansen and Paco Rodriguez and trade, waive or demote all of the rest of these guys. With a knowledgeable manager and some skilled players who care about winning, the Dodgers would be better off.

The first thing I'd do, TODAY, is fire Colletti. He has become useless.

Things can only get better.

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hope is that the fans in LA become so outraged at what happened last night (and has been happening all season) that the owners have no choice but to make major changes. This franchise has numerous serious issues:

1. a GM who is incompetent at his job and should be fired immediately.
2. a manager who can see mistakes by his players but who cannot see his own mistakes and seems to be incapable of learning from them. Fire him too.
3. some coaches who are not getting the job done and need to be replaced (Honeycutt, McGwire).
4. some players who are not big league caliber and need to be sent elsewhere (Cruz, Gordon, Sellers).
5. some formerly good players who are old and/or injury prone and can never again be relied upon to be consistently in the lineup and play to potential (Ramirez, Crawford, Hernandez, M. Ellis, Uribe, maybe even Kemp).
6. some pitchers who are has-beens or never were good to start with and need to go bye bye (League, Guerrier, Lilly, Capuano).
7. Some players who just aren't producing and should be traded (Ethier).

With hopes for this season now in the rear view mirror, the FO should start planning for next year, starting with a major house cleaning. The time for, "Let's be conservative. There's still time to turn this around," are gone. We have a small core of good young players to build around, so let's get to building. The owners will have to swallow hard, admit they blew it this year (hard to do for highly successful billionaires), forget about the money they wasted, and move ahead. Kasten has done it before, so he should know what to do. The rich owner guy (forgot his name) says he doesn't make baseball decisions, so forget about him. Magic is just the face of the team and is not a baseball strategist, so forget about him too. Kasten, it's in your lap. Now is the time to act. What are you going to do about it?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even before I fired anybody, I'd be keenly interested in shedding contracts. Crawford can be moved today. Hell, someone might even be willing to take League before the deadline. There are several very dispensible players making allot of money. Get them out of here!

BUDSFAULT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers new owners have made a lot of changes since coming on board , but they forgot that changes need to be made to the coaching staff as well. Frankly, the only coach I would keep is Davey Lopes. I would fire Mattingly and all the rest of them. I'd fire the entire training staff as well. I would keep Puig, Kemp, Gonzalez, Kershaw, Ryu, Jansen and Paco Rodriguez and trade, waive or demote all of the rest of these guys. With a knowledgeable manager and some skilled players who care about winning, the Dodgers would be better off.

The first thing I'd do, TODAY, is fire Colletti. He has become useless.

Things can only get better.

Actually. I'd keep Wallach, Lopes and Honeycutt. Honeycutt can't be held accountable for the shit Ned gave him to work with. The few good pitchers on that team are pitching well.

BUDSFAULT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donny Baseball should be renamed to Donny Softballs because it takes balls to cut bait.:gaah:League isn't evena decent set up man let alone a closer.:noidea:If Jensen isn't the closer by tonight, then Donny Softballs hit the road to AAA baseball:Cry:

His name is Donnie Dum Dum.:suds:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Padres would sign Davey Lopes back the second you guys ever let him go. And that's saying allot because Dave Roberts is universally loved here.

BUDSFAULT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davey stated when he was hired that LA is the perfect place for him to finish his coaching career. LA is his last stop.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lopes is the only Dodgers coach I would keep. Maybe make him the interim manager.

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well one thing I'll have to say. It wasn't boring tonight, or any time in the past 10 days for that matter.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm stopping by because I'm curios what Dodger fans think of Greinke. What are your thoughts? I'm personally not happy with him being a Dodger because the Dodgers have always been a franchise I had a lot of respect for.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know anyone who knows Greinke. He strikes me as a reserved, different type of guy, but I think he really cares for his teammates and he can pitch. So far, I've been happy to have him on the team; though it's been an interesting ride so far to be sure.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old........it was certainly a pretty crazy night. I'm just glad no one got hurt; especially Puig and Greinke. Ian Kennedy had no business throwing at Greinke's head. That was the real "no-no" of the night. But, it was nice to see the Dodgers win this game. FedEx certainly came up huge tonight.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puig almost got hit in the eye, really glad Greinke protected his guys.

How about the nicest guy Clayton Kershaw throwing punches at Miguel Montero! Interesting night, but I'd prefer keeping the few healthy guys we got on the field.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense Silas. I remember him making comment about how hard the media was on him when he was in KC and then the issues with anxiety problems. Now it seems to me that every time there has been pot stirring in a Dodgers game he's the guy holding the wooden spoon. Makes me wonder whats going on in his head.

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greinke has a little different personality, but he's smart and fearless, and has been pitching well, so he's been a valuable addition to the Dodgers. Even though he's been in the midst of 2 brawls, he was not the instigator of either. I don't see a problem with him.

It will be interesting to see who gets fined or suspended after last night. Kennedy deserves a big slap.

So at this point, the Dodgers and three of their division rivals (Giants, Padres, D-backs) all hate each other. I'm not aware of any malcontent with the Rockies, but maybe I'm missing something. Let's hope the hate translates to inspired play on the field for the Dodgers.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was kind of interesting to see the "old" guys like Mattingly, McGwire, Williams, Gibson, Honeycutt and Nagy getting after each other last night. I was wondering if there were some decades old grudges surfacing.

Kennedy definitely deserves the most discipline. I can understand him going after Greinke, but not the head shot. He needs to miss a couple of Starts and about ten days worth of salary for his antics. Then he quietly withdrew to the fringe of the fracas. I no longer have any respect for him.

I have to believe Greinke gets suspended and fined, too. At least he hit Montero in the back.

Puig has really had an interesting first week plus in the League. He may be suspended, also. He was very lucky he didn't take that pitch square in the face.

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank goodness there were apparently no injuries. Puig in the face and Greinke on his already injured shoulder were both scary. I was glad to see the old guys get fired up. It shows they still have some fight left in them.

I see the Dodgers and D-backs will open the 2014 season in Australia, so maybe this will carry over into another year and another hemisphere.