• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LA Dodgers 2013 Ongoing Thread

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah!! Dodgers win!! This team is anything but playoff caliber; however. Hoping to see Robinson Cano wearing Dodger blue next season.:suds:

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it remarkable that the Dodgers are only 6 games back in the Loss column as they venture into New York to face the vaunted Yankees.

After the Yankee two game Series the Dodgers get to play San Diego and the Giants. The team going forward will be no different than the team that has been going backward this Season. So, the next ten games, or so, may well determine what, if anything, we can expect from this assembly of underachievers.

Hopefully we can beat the Yankees if for no other reason than old times sake.

beefman138

I like cheese
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man... 2013 has been nothing but a complete effing disaster for the Dodgers. Their injury list could fill a hospital, and those who are 'healthy' are doing nothing.

2 bright spots so far : Kershaw (get the poor guy some run support!) and Puig, who needs to stay in the line-up every day. Ethier can ride the pine for a while, despite his semi-resurgence this week.

Adrian Gonzalez has been ok, but a bit below what most fans expected.

Luis Cruz is on pace to put up the worst season by a position player in history. I think his OPS is somewhere around .360! .360!!! Banish that half-season wonder back to AA. He's not good enough for AAA.

Maybe Crawford and Gonzalez can bring some anti-Yankee feeling into the line-up in the next 2 days, and the team can put some runs on the board in that Bronx sandlot.

I remain hopefully optimistic!

Beef

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Beef, I'm thinking Ethier is the odd man out. Crawford played well this year. Having a healthy Crawford, Kemp, Ramirez, and Gonzalez around Puig will be vital to our ball club if we're going to get any type of wins this year. At least Kenley's the closer now! We don't have to wonder how many runs will be given up in the 9th every game.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:clap:Nice Avi beef, yea if the Dodgers can win enough before the break and the next week will go a long way in determining that, the 2nd half should be better. Kemp has to be in the lineup everyday and hitting, maybe Puig can show him what hitting a strike is all about.:laugh3: Ethier is hitting better as of late and may be the odd man out but I think Crawford is the guy going away.:nod: To a American League team especially. I think they move Puig to leftfield and the outfield is set. Cruz has to disappear, Hairston or Uribe can man the hot spot.:noidea: They need a 5th starter bad, we can't get it done with Caprano or Lilly and I think Zack Lee has to finally make a appearance, good or bad and does it really matter? We know what we have with Cap or Lilly, another loss.:gaah:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either that or Fife, great points blue.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 1963 WS was my favorite. There is nothing better in Baseball than sweeping the Yankees and that the Dodgers did behind stellar pitching and enough offense to get the job done.

That 1963 squad had players with less talent than some of the regulars today, but the Koufax led Dodgers knew what it took to win and they executed. I don't think players today understand the fundamentals of how to play the game like players did in years gone by.

People who started following the game in the 1980's on will never really get to see how the game was meant to be played. And today's Dodgers are certainly painful to watch.

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you, Silas. Those were the golden days of the Dodgers. I'm not sure the team will ever be quite as good again. But my youth then, and my age now, may bias that perception just a bit. Those were exciting times. They played real baseball then.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers are actually capable of scoring a run! In Game 2 tonight, Puig was HBP. He then stole second base. Gonzalez then hit a ground ball to the right side of the infield moving Puig to 3B. Then Hanley drops a single into LF and, just like that, the Dodgers score a run.

That's what these guys need to do consistently. It's something they've struggled doing all year. It doesn't matter how much money these guys make. The fundamentals of the game stay the same and the play sequence I reiterated is proof that the fundamentals of baseball work when they are executed.

So, we know the Dodgers have it in them..........they need to just go out there and do it.

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about that Ron Belisario. His head has been somewhere else all year. Now he makes a comedy video reel by committing multiple errors on one play. If he doesn't pull it together soon, Dodgers need to send him down or away.

BUDSFAULT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man... 2013 has been nothing but a complete effing disaster for the Dodgers. Their injury list could fill a hospital, and those who are 'healthy' are doing nothing.

2 bright spots so far : Kershaw (get the poor guy some run support!) and Puig, who needs to stay in the line-up every day. Ethier can ride the pine for a while, despite his semi-resurgence this week.

Adrian Gonzalez has been ok, but a bit below what most fans expected.

Luis Cruz is on pace to put up the worst season by a position player in history. I think his OPS is somewhere around .360! .360!!! Banish that half-season wonder back to AA. He's not good enough for AAA.

Maybe Crawford and Gonzalez can bring some anti-Yankee feeling into the line-up in the next 2 days, and the team can put some runs on the board in that Bronx sandlot.

I remain hopefully optimistic!

Beef

Gonzo is playing as expected. You prefer Skip or Hairston in CF?

Grainkey, Kersh, Ryu, Gonzo and Puig are the bright spots.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just found this "did you know" item, that I thought was worth sharing. Did you know, that back in 2008, that, in recognition of their significant contributions to the community, the Dodgers become the first sports franchise to be honored by the Hollywood Historic Trust and the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce. The team receives an Award of Excellence star, which is placed in the Walk of Fame which includes a constellation of celebrities, real and fictional, who have had a major impact on the entertainment industry.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BUDSFAULT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice game Kersh.

Who was the last guy to win the CY Young on a last place team?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how many more times he'll face the Padres this season but they're not helping his case.

Of course, he could just always hit someone.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers in general are 11-23 against the west and that is why they are in last place. Win against the division and they can climb, continue to play even or lose, they will stay in last place.