• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LA Dodgers 2013 Ongoing Thread

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how Fife suddenly came down with a shoulder problem.

DodgerLou80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes you wonder what the hell is going on. Is he really hurt? I guess the powers to be will never tell. Go LA.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on DodgerLou... you cannot be that naive. They did not have a spot for Fife, but they did not want to (or could not because he is out of options) send him to AAA. So he goes on the DL. Everyone does it.

DodgerLou80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the info ksu. I'm glad I chose this forum and I really appreciate the answers I get to my questions. If I had asked this question on another board, they would have called me a stupid old man. Have a good one.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really interesting to see how Nolasco does tonight in his Dodgers debut.

Dodgers are chasing after Garza now, but that possible move is iffy considering what the Cubs want in return.

It may be another season before Kemp is over his injury woes. Eventually, the Dodgers are really going to miss his bat.

Expect the Dodgers to pick up a RP and possibly another OF, given Kemp's issues, before the deadline.

Loved watching the Giants blow another game last night against the Mets. The Giants are not a good team right now. What happened to all that chemistry?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really interesting to see how Nolasco does tonight in his Dodgers debut.

Dodgers are chasing after Garza now, but that possible move is iffy considering what the Cubs want in return.

It may be another season before Kemp is over his injury woes. Eventually, the Dodgers are really going to miss his bat.

Expect the Dodgers to pick up a RP and possibly another OF, given Kemp's issues, before the deadline.

Loved watching the Giants blow another game last night against the Mets. The Giants are not a good team right now. What happened to all that chemistry?

Chemistry can only make up for players like Hunter Pence for so long.

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to all that chemistry?

There must have been an explosion in the chemistry lab. It's nice to see San Francisco in the Dodgers rear view mirror.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Fife was optioned because Nolasco is here and he won't be needed til after AS Break?

I think I read that Fife went on the DL and Capuano will take his pot in the rotation.

It's funny how Fife suddenly came down with a shoulder problem.

The original plan was to have Nolasco take Capuano's spot in the rotation. Then Fife's bursitis came back after his start (the same injury from earlier in the season) so he's going to the DL. Fife is likely only going to miss one start.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question -

Is there any way in the wild, wild world of sports that Fife's nickname is not Barney?

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I'm reading that some MLB players, including Ryan Braun, will likely be suspended after the ASG for using banned substances supplied by Biogenesis.

I don't think there is a player I dislike more in the game right now than Ryan Braun. IMO he cheated and got away with it. Now he is supposedly being uncooperative with MLB. He is becoming the present day version of Barry Bonds in the demeanor department. I just don't like guys who thumb their noses at the game. Hopefully he is suspended for 1000 games! The guy is a "Baseball Thug".

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet I've heard little to no outcry over this guy Sillas! The guy won an MVP while roiding, this guy needs to be made an example of. I was honestly thinking it was based on race.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't think Braun edging Kemp for the MVP Award was based on Race. Probably due to the Brewers making the playoffs that year, while the Dodgers missed out. I was pulling for Kemp and believed he deserved it, even if Braun hadn't cheated.

Hey, quite a debut for Mr. Nolasco tonight. What a breath of fresh air. I'm pretty certain that Capuano would have lost the game tonight if we didn't have Nolasco on the squad. I'm really hoping the Dodgers make a serious push for Garza. The Dodgers would have, arguably, the best starting staff in the game. Right now they're 4th in the NL in ERA. That should improve with Nolasco now on board.

Dodgers only 2 1/2 games back now. What a remarkable turnaround. To think a month ago this team was headed into the toilet and most were calling for Mattingly's head.

Hoping for a sweep of the Snakes tomorrow.

DodgerLou80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way the Dodgers are playing, I think I might have a chance to see them in the World Series one more time before the great ticket taker punches my ticket. Go Dodgers. We have the best fans in the world.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't think Braun edging Kemp for the MVP Award was based on Race. Probably due to the Brewers making the playoffs that year, while the Dodgers missed out. I was pulling for Kemp and believed he deserved it, even if Braun hadn't cheated.

Hey, quite a debut for Mr. Nolasco tonight. What a breath of fresh air. I'm pretty certain that Capuano would have lost the game tonight if we didn't have Nolasco on the squad. I'm really hoping the Dodgers make a serious push for Garza. The Dodgers would have, arguably, the best starting staff in the game. Right now they're 4th in the NL in ERA. That should improve with Nolasco now on board.

Dodgers only 2 1/2 games back now. What a remarkable turnaround. To think a month ago this team was headed into the toilet and most were calling for Mattingly's head.

Hoping for a sweep of the Snakes tomorrow.

I meant the lack of a backlash against Braun seemed like it was based on race.

Heisenberg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The original plan was to have Nolasco take Capuano's spot in the rotation. Then Fife's bursitis came back after his start (the same injury from earlier in the season) so he's going to the DL. Fife is likely only going to miss one start.

I hope it's just one start; Capuano has become the 2013 version of Brett Tomko - you know he's going to get shelled, it's just a matter of when.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Capuano either needs to stay in the BP or hit the road. He is inconsistent at best and the Dodgers don't need that kind of performance.

Colletti has more work to do. Hopefully he is on the ball.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colletti has more work to do. Hopefully he is on the ball.

Rumor has it that the Dodgers are still in on Matt Garza. Also, you know that Colletti has a hard on for Cliff Lee so if Amaro ever decides to move him, you can be confident that the Dodgers won't let him be traded anywhere else but here.

Outside of that, there's always Zach Lee. Know this about Lee: he's never going to be called up for spot starts like Fife and Magill have been this year. Once Lee is in the rotation, he's going to stay there.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a Dodger fan running around with a broom in Arizona in the 14th inning, felt that summed up the night pretty well.

Let's just say Hanley seems pretty close to 100%. Ever since he came back our offense has started to flow. He seemed to have given it his all on defense on as well tonight.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How nice is it to go into Arizona and sweep the 1st Place (for now) Diamondbacks? I don't think anyone expected that, but it's a great accomplishment.

Dodgers now at 45-45 and at .500 for the first time in a long time. Amazing that seeing the Dodgers at .500 can seem such an achievement given pre-season expectations.

But, it is what it is and right now the Dodgers are tearing things up.

The Giants are now 10 games under .500. Can't imagine many people would have expected that, either.

Bad news..........Capuano is pitching tomorrow. We at least have a good chance with four of the SP's. Hopefully Garza or Lee or even Zach Lee will come on board. I expect the Dodgers to acquire one more SP in lieu of bringing up Zach Lee.

Hanley Ramirez has been spectacular and the Puig show continues, though he certainly does strikeout an awful lot. McGwire or Valentin need to teach him to have a little patience at the plate and stop swinging at everything thrown within 10 feet of the plate.

Great job by the Dodgers against Arizona. Now, it's back home to face the Rockies.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers are on a freaking roll........GO DODGERS! They will win their division.