• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LA Dodgers 2013 Ongoing Thread

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers win again...D-backs lose again...I'm liking this pattern.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am liking this pattern, too. Ramirez is really carrying this team offensively. We need a new and improved Matt Kemp when he returns and for Puig to rediscover his stroke.

Mattingly seems pretty secure for now. The best reason to keep him is to keep the current "chemistry" in order, even though I think chemistry is very over rated (a topic for another thread).

I have no issue with Mark Ellis and would only replace him with Utley if the Dodgers could extend him for a couple of seasons.

I also have no problem with Crawford. Before the hamstring problem, he was contributing. Right now, however, I'd only use him as a reserve player until he's completely healthy again.

The BP has done well, of late, but it could still stand to be improved.

Ethier has been hot for awhile now, but I still don't believe he's consistent. I wouldn't trade him right now, but I'd think about moving on without him in an upcoming season or so.

Kudos to the Dodgers for turning their season around.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers are off to a good start in Toronto. Puig swings at everything. Is McGwire talking to him?

Ryan Braun was suspended for the rest of the season. It should have been for life. Baseball should strip him of that MVP Award and give it to Kemp.

Speaking of Kemp........is this guy injury prone or what? Colletti may have to look for another OF for insurance.

I hope the Dodgers do not trade Joc Pederson. I would only consider it for a top notch player who is proven and will be around for awhile.

Ned, get Kershaw and Hanley signed, NOW.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers are off to a good start in Toronto. Puig swings at everything. Is McGwire talking to him?

Ryan Braun was suspended for the rest of the season. It should have been for life. Baseball should strip him of that MVP Award and give it to Kemp.

Speaking of Kemp........is this guy injury prone or what? Colletti may have to look for another OF for insurance.

I hope the Dodgers do not trade Joc Pederson. I would only consider it for a top notch player who is proven and will be around for awhile.

Ned, get Kershaw and Hanley signed, NOW.

I agree about Braun, can't believe MLB struck a deal with him!!

Feel bad for Kemp and was impressed that he owned the fact that his lack of hustle was what caused the injury!! Can't remember the last time I saw a professional athlete do that!! Fortunately, it doesn't appear to be too bad!!

Dodgers are looking scary good right now!!

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about that! The Dodgers have risen from the bottom of the barrel to the top of the heap! It's rather remarkable. It not only took the Dodgers winning, but the rest of the teams in the Division losing.

Dodger Dogs taste better now, the organ music seems livelier and somewhere Vin Scully is smiling. His team......our team is back on top.......at least for now and hopefully for the rest of the season.

So, while the optimism may be tempered by the ebb and flow of a baseball season, it is indeed optimism.

Let's hope the best is yet to come.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers have that look right now...the look of confidence. From the bottom to the top of the Div. Awesome. I never counted them out because even though they were at the bottom of the NL west they were never really out of it. Go Dodgers!! keep it up!

Heisenberg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not too keen on Dominguez being sent down. I hope the Marmol experiment doesn't last long.

Also, have to wonder why we're not seeing Ellis in the DH role after a career night.

Heisenberg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not too keen on Dominguez being sent down. I hope the Marmol experiment doesn't last long.

Also, have to wonder why we're not seeing Ellis in the DH role after a career night.

Just saw where Dominguez was placed on the DL.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We learned, or at least were reminded, about a few things by tonight's game. This team can definitely come back (came back from 5 runs down), Capuano should not be in the Starting rotation, the Cubs unloaded Marmol for a reason, and the Boston trade has worked out pretty well given the singular performance of Adrian Gonzalez (and decent play from Crawford when healthy and Punto as a super reserve).

Somehow I'm always optimistic these days when the Dodgers are down a few runs that they'll come back. To say this team has finally started to gell is somewhat of an understatement.

We still need a "true" 5th Starter, another reliever (already time to DFA Marmol), and another bat (a guy who can play two or three positions would be sufficient).

I'm sure you've all heard about the Cuban apparently just signed by the Dodgers (there are reports that the deal isn't done, yet). I watched a video of him and he has a sweet swing, has power, and looks great defensively (although he's a SS). The buzz about this kid is he would play 2B and would arrive in a couple of weeks after a stint at AA/AAA.

I wouldn't move Hanley (especially now with the way he's hitting the ball), and Mark Ellis has certainly played a role in the Dodgers' resurgence. So, I don't know what that means for the future, but, as someone once said, we'll find out soon enough.

Stan Kasten is certainly working the international market, and it seems to be paying off. Yasiel Puig and Ryu are two great examples. If this kid is as good as he looks, the Dodgers are going to be really stacked.

Anyway, the Dodgers continue to hold onto 1st Place after tonight's comeback win.

Nolasco on the hill tomorrow.:nod:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with you Silas!! It's great to be able to watch the Dodgers and know that they are not out of any game. Down 8-3 going into the 7th inning would normally have me switching the channel, but with the way this team has been playing, I couldn't do it and was glad that I didn't!!

This team, with the way that they have been playing and the way things have been breaking for them, has the feel of a team that can have a special season.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the Dodgers/Nationals game in DC on Saturday (Gio/Greinke).

Some Nats fan was staring bullets at me when I joined another YOYER fan in a "Let's Go, Dodgers!" chant in the 10th inning.

I almost fell out of my chair laughing at this guy. 5'9 white dude, early 20s, with an American flag bandana tied around his head (douche "bro" style). All I could think of was this guy doing that at Dodger Stadium. Even my girlfriend (a Giants fan) noticed that idiot and laughed about it.

Outside of that cool guy, all of the other Nats fans were really fun and good sports. :suds:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My goal for the Padres the rest of the season is to kick the shit out of the division. We'll do our part. You guys make your move and ensure the Douchebags and Midgets stay buried. :suds:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ted Lilly DFA'ed.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? The Dodgers lost? :omg: That's not supposed to happen. Well, you can't win them all. The Reds are a very good team.

Marmol gave up another run tonight. I just know the Dodgers will trade for a quality RP by the trade deadline. The Dodgers need to shore up the BP if they're going to win the Division and make a statement in the playoffs.

Dodgers need to even the Series tomorrow.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marmol gave up another run tonight. I just know the Dodgers will trade for a quality RP by the trade deadline. The Dodgers need to shore up the BP if they're going to win the Division and make a statement in the playoffs.

Yeah, the move to DFA Lilly was basically the choice between Marmol and Lilly, and I think the team made the right call. They are both terrible options, but at least Marmol has the infinitesimal chance of turning things around. Lilly is just plain done.

Dodgers need to even the Series tomorrow.

Hopefully we can, especially with Kershaw on the mound.

Heisenberg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the move to DFA Lilly was basically the choice between Marmol and
Lilly, and I think the team made the right call. They are both terrible options,
but at least Marmol has the infinitesimal chance of turning things around. Lilly
is just plain done.

One science experiment (League) is enough; Marmol is junk. Hopefully, he'll be released/sent down when Dominguez or Tolleson returns.

I agree that they're both terrible options but Lilly has more to offer than Marmol; Lilly could have been used for long relief. I'd like to see Capuano hit the bricks next.

Last edited by a moderator:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kershaw's career ERA is 2.67, the lowest since 1920 by any pitcher with at least 100 starts and 1,000 innings. Whitey Ford and Sandy Koufax are second and third on that list.

Hanley does it again!