• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LA Dodgers 2013 Ongoing Thread

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win tonight

Ryu is money at home, so we gotta earn a minimum split tomorrow night

Also, Go Padres! (Yuck)

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win tonight

Ryu is money at home, so we gotta earn a minimum split tomorrow night

Also, Go Padres! (Yuck)

Troubling to see the bats so weak at home. Hope they snap out of it.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a big game from RYU havn't seen him pitch a dominant peformance in quite sometime, hopefully that ends today...Go Blue!

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One science experiment (League) is enough; Marmol is junk. Hopefully, he'll be released/sent down when Dominguez or Tolleson returns.

I agree that they're both terrible options but Lilly has more to offer than Marmol; Lilly could have been used for long relief. I'd like to see Capuano hit the bricks next.

I disagree. Lilly has nothing to offer.

LOL at Tolleson... You know he had season-ending surgery, right? In April....

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best thing about it all is that we just beat the Reds for 3 out of 4 games. The one game that was lost was on a day when the team just flew an international flight from Toronto to LA. No day off.

This team is just unreal right now. I just hope the Dodgers can carry this level of production in the playoffs. It's one thing to be the best team in June and July, it's quite another to do it in October/November.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing, I heard Dodgers and Rays are the favorites to get to the World Series. CBS radio called it.:nod:

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers have a pretty brutal stretch coming (16 games in 16 days):

2 games at home against Yankees (Tues/Wed), then to Chicago Cubs for 4 games in a row (Thurs-Sun), then 4 games in St. Louis (Tues-Thurs), fly home for 3 against Rays (Fri-Sun), and finally 3 games against Mets (Mon-Wed). Ouch.

Then, before there's time to catch a breath, it's another 13 games in 13 days stretch after that one day off. It starts with 7 days back East (3 in Philly, 4 in Miami), fly back to LA without a day off for 3 against the Red Sox and 3 against the Cubs.

If the Dodgers can survive a stretch like this while staying in 1st place, I think that will be a sign that this month-long hot streak is the real thing. September looks to be all inter-divisional play (aside from 3 road games against the Reds), so all wins in losses that month will essentially count for double. We've got an interesting two months coming up.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew freaking Butera. That is the best we could do? A roster spot taker, just brought in as Federowicz is not quite ready for prime time.

I had hoped for and expected more.......

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers are in Chicago and the Dodgers can't take the Cubs lightly. They need to take at least 3 of 4.

Matt Kemp is slowly recovering from his ankle sprain, yet during the last two Dodgers walk off wins he has sprinted to home plate to greet the hero. What's up with that?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is an item that any Dodger fan would enjoy. All it would take, would be jsut to have a cool million sitting around. You know,......, that.

At the National Sports Collectors Convention in Chicago, which runs through Aug. 4, the sports auctioneers at Lelands.com are selling Jackie Robinson’s Rookie of the Year trophy from 1947. The award is not only historic for its association with Robinson’s groundbreaking first season, but as the first Rookie of the Year award issued in baseball.

From a Lelands.com press release:
Robinson, who broke baseball’s color barrier in 1947, won the inaugural Rookie of the Year Award during that trailblazing season in which he batted .297, scored 125 runs, hit 12 home runs and 31 doubles and led the league with 29 stolen bases while helping the Brooklyn Dodgers to the World Series.
The Rookie of the Year Award was originally known as the J. Louis Comiskey Award and was a single award for the Major Leagues. In 1949, the award was expanded to include both the American League Rookie of the Year and the National League Rookie of the Year. In 1987, the award was renamed the Jackie Robinson Award.
The asking price is a cool $1 million dollars. But hey, if you’ve got $1 million to drop on sports memorabilia, this is the type of thing you should be after.

Jackie-Robinson-Rookie-of-the-Year-Award-767x1024.jpg

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had a million lying around I'd definitely pick it up, then give it promptly back to the family or put it up for display at Dodger stadium.

Oh and that year Robinson wasn't caught stealing once.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryu struggles more on the road but hopefully the offense will pick him up early tomorrow.. I want tomorrow's game badly as Cappy goes Saturday and I still have no faith in him. Capuano is feast or famine as he either gives up 5 runs or 0 and I dont know what Cappy will show up Saturday..

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was on this date back in 1982 that, during a ceremony held in Cooperstown, NY, the United States Postal Service unveils a 20-cent stamp commemorating baseball great Jackie Robinson as part of its annual Black Heritage series. The Dodger infielder becomes the first individual baseball player to be depicted on a U.S postage stamp.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers win their 13th straight Road game today setting a franchise record. That's really a remarkable accomplishment.

Dodgers seem to just keep on winning. Capuano put forth a nice effort today. Looks like he's trying to stay with the team and in the Starting Rotation. He's a very unpredictable pitcher, but his last two outings have been real nice.

Fife will be back to pitch tomorrow. It would be nice to earn a sweep. I know it's the Cubs, but these are games Championship caliber teams need to win.

Rooting for the Red Sox tonight against Arizona.