• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie to Boston rumors heating up. Deal nearly complete

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dunno..he was 8th in the league in rebounding last year

Cavs were the only team in the league to have 3 rebounders in the top 20 in the league--- Love at 8, TT at 15 and LeBron at 17

No one else even had 2 of the top 20 rebounders. unless you include Cousins on the Pels- also with Davis.
And that got them what??? A runner's up ribbon?? :pound:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay let's play a little game wiggy. Here are some of your Cavs all time 1st round picks.

Anthony Bennett ('13), Jared Cunningham ('12), Christian Eyenga ('09), Shannon Brown ('06), Luke Jackson ('04), DeSagana Diop ('01), Dajuan Wagner ('02), Trajan Langdon ('99), John Morton ('89), Randolph Keys ('88), Tim McCorkmick ('84).

With that collection of shit picks you shouldn't be talking about any teams misses on draft day.
where is Zydrunas? and Terrell Brandon? and Andre Miller?

dude i was REALLY pumped for Dajuan Wagner....such a disapointment.......Christian Eyenga was honestly a joke--- the only footage they had of him on draft night was some footage from some middle school gym in Africa...it was hilarious.

Shannon Brown was shit too- though the 2nd round pick that year- BOOBIE GIBSON was a nice pick.

Jared Cunningham got dealt on draft night if i remember correctly- he was never in a Cavs uniform.

Tragic Langdon was a joke.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dude i was REALLY pumped for Dajuan Wagner....such a disapointment.......Christian Eyenga was honestly a joke--- the only footage they had of him on draft night was some footage from some middle school gym in Africa...it was hilarious.

Shannon Brown was shit too- though the 2nd round pick that year- BOOBIE GIBSON was a nice pick.

Jared Cunningham got dealt on draft night if i remember correctly- he was never in a Cavs uniform.

The Alaskan Assassin. He's a legend overseas.

Blotch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is true.

I would have made the moves the Celtics did--- getting Irving and Hayward. Stars win in this league.

The only problem for the Celtics in the short term that getting rid of guys like Crowder, Bradley, Johnson etc- leaves them pretty thin on secondary players for the IMMEDIATE future

eventually- guys like Brown and Tatum will not only be great "secondary" players- they can/will become stars in their own right.

Hey--- I think the Celtics are going to own the East with the Sixers 2-3 years from now (If LeBron stays in Cleveland 2 more years)....but as of right now- Cleveland has the edge.

Crowder, Bradley, Johnson. Were not secondary players. They were starters.

All three.

Starters.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Wamu

just out of curiosity--- you come into this thread--- and talk to me about (i) Tristan Thompson, (ii) Pat Riley, (iii) past Cavs drafts

and have barely anything to say about the huge blockbuster trade the team you root for just executed. Do I just own you that much mentally?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn are you an idiot. The comment of your I quoted you said...ohh the good times for the Celtics rebuild. Trying to take a shot @ the bad picks the Celtics have made in the past. All I did was point out your Cavs have had a lot most draft misses.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Wamu

just out of curiosity--- you come into this thread--- and talk to me about (i) Tristan Thompson, (ii) Pat Riley, (iii) past Cavs drafts

and have barely anything to say about the huge blockbuster trade the team you root for just executed. Do I just own you that much mentally?

You don't own anything. By the way how's that fake bar exam going? It's just fun to call you out on all of your nonstop LeBron suckfest & Cavs lovefest you got going on.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn are you an idiot. The comment of your I quoted you said...ohh the good times for the Celtics rebuild. Trying to take a shot @ the bad picks the Celtics have made in the past. All I did was point out your Cavs have had a lot most draft misses.
I think you are the idiot. Erden and Harangody were jokes--- both late 2nd rounders they traded to the Cavs--- they were no part of a Celtics real rebuild.

I know way more about the team you root for than you do.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't own anything. By the way how's that fake bar exam going? It's just fun to call you out on all of your nonstop LeBron suckfest & Cavs lovefest you got going on.
lol, its just funny how bad i mentally own you....its like having a little puppy chase you around and nipping at my heels...

if i throw you some of my left over lunch will you go chew on it and let the grown ups talk?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at trolling Boston's rebuild. The C's have a much better past and future than the Cavs.

the one reason the Cavs "rebuild" worked was LeClown...

THE one...

AND only...

irrefutable...

inarguable reason...

other than that one shining factor alone the Cavs'd STILL be wallowing in hog swill...:dhd:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEVER FORGET

Kevin%2BDurant%2BClutch%2B3%2BGame%2B3%2BShot%2BScience.gif

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crowder, Bradley, Johnson. Were not secondary players. They were starters.

All three.

Starters.
When I say "secondary" players I mean non stars.

The guys you need to fill in around your new Big 3 of Irving, Hayward, Horford. On the Cavs those guys are the JR Smiths, TT's, Korver's, Crowder's etc.

As i said- the scary thing is Tatum and Brown might end up being stars as well---- but wont be this season.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the one reason the Cavs "rebuild" worked was LeClown...

THE one...

AND only...

irrefutable...

inarguable reason...

other than that one shining factor alone the Cavs'd STILL be wallowing in hog swill...:dhd:

Yeah, he makes all but 7-8 teams instant contenders if he joins their team. At the time he re-joined the Cavs.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaylen Brown has a great chance of being a much better player than Jae Crowder has ever been.

But Crowder had a VERY good year according to RPM last season. He was rated the 5th best SF in the league year by RPM. Jaylen Brown wasn't in the top 40 of SFs last year...

NBA Real Plus-Minus - National Basketball Association - ESPN

That's a pretty massive improvement you are expecting for Brown. Now RPM can certainly be way off on their ratings of both players but I think it is fair to say that there is still a pretty big gap between their actual play at this time.
Jaylon Brown was very raw, especially at the beginning of last season. He was often lost on defense, his shooting was poor... just raw.

I watch the C's, he improved very nicely over the course of the season... to the point where he was a trusted member of the team come playoff time who made some big plays and hit some big shots.

I don't think I'm expecting "massive improvement." I'm expecting a natural progression forward.

I am totally unsurprised that a veteran like Crowder dominated the metric you bring up over a rookie like Brown.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@gordontrue

I do think its odd the Cavs havent done any kind of presser or news releases regarding the incoming players.

It makes me believe something else very well might be in the works. Either that or maybe medical is holding something up?

its definitely strange. Id think that because - from whati have seen- the vast majority of news outlets really gave the Cavs a good review on this trade- that they would want to get out in front of it.....but there has hardly been anything yet.

There still might be another shoe that will be dropping soon.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaylon Brown was very raw, especially at the beginning of last season. He was often lost on defense, his shooting was poor... just raw.

I watch the C's, he improved very nicely over the course of the season... to the point where he was a trusted member of the team come playoff time who made some big plays and hit some big shots.

I don't think I'm expecting "massive improvement." I'm expecting a natural progression forward.

I am totally unsurprised that a veteran like Crowder dominated the metric you bring up over a rookie like Brown.
Brown was one of the few Celtics that competed his ass off and didnt look scared in that ECF. Hes going to be a player- esp. if he develops a shot.

Great athlete- great defensive potential....but- asking a 20 year old to guard LeBron is a tall task.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@gordontrue

I do think its odd the Cavs havent done any kind of presser or news releases regarding the incoming players.

It makes me believe something else very well might be in the works. Either that or maybe medical is holding something up?

its definitely strange. Id think that because - from whati have seen- the vast majority of news outlets really gave the Cavs a good review on this trade- that they would want to get out in front of it.....but there has hardly been anything yet.

There still might be another shoe that will be dropping soon.

Yeah, it does seem a little bit strange. There was a simple marketing image posted by the Cavs twitter account, but other than that, silence. No media availability like what Ainge did the evening of.

It might be the medical thing like you mentioned. Maybe it has to do with Crowder's mom having just passed away. Maybe its just the schedule of Gilbert or Altman. Who knows.

Does seem a little odd though. Interested to see what happens the next couple days.