• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie to Boston rumors heating up. Deal nearly complete

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@gordontrue

I do think its odd the Cavs havent done any kind of presser or news releases regarding the incoming players.

It makes me believe something else very well might be in the works. Either that or maybe medical is holding something up?

its definitely strange. Id think that because - from whati have seen- the vast majority of news outlets really gave the Cavs a good review on this trade- that they would want to get out in front of it.....but there has hardly been anything yet.

There still might be another shoe that will be dropping soon.

Gotta believe it's the medical on IT. He elected not to do surgery so his hip will be a major issue for the Cavs.

The hip affects speed and quickness. If you have a 5'9" guard who can't use those two things to his advantage, that's going to be a problem.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEVER FORGET

Kevin%2BDurant%2BClutch%2B3%2BGame%2B3%2BShot%2BScience.gif

beautiful moment...

"the King" had to lay his crown down at "Kupcake's" feet...

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great athlete- great defensive potential....but- asking a 20 year old to guard LeBron is a tall task.
I don't disagree with you... in fairness, Crowder couldn't contain LeBron either.

Btw: I totally agree with you that Cleveland is a bad match-up for Boston and, all things being equal, Cleveland would still beat Boston in a 7 game series.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, its just funny how bad i mentally own you....its like having a little puppy chase you around and nipping at my heels...

if i throw you some of my left over lunch will you go chew on it and let the grown ups talk?
When we said you rode the short bus we were wrong. CLEARLY your ride isn't over yet. :crazy:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta believe it's the medical on IT. He elected not to do surgery so his hip will be a major issue for the Cavs.

The hip affects speed and quickness. If you have a 5'9" guard who can't use those two things to his advantage, that's going to be a problem.
id love it if they could flip Thomas and some stuff for Bledsoe and some stuff- since hes prob a better fit- and one of LeBron's boys---- but who knows...we shall see.

did i say that i hate Iman Shumpert? today? in the last hour?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEVER FORGET

DCL67acUAAACCFK.jpg:large

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we said you rode the short bus we were wrong. CLEARLY your ride isn't over yet. :crazy:

yeah , someone who was really "owned" would leave a sports board for 2 months after his team got POLEAXED in the finals...

i don't think we know anyone like that...

...do we...?:heh:

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id love it if they could flip Thomas and some stuff for Bledsoe and some stuff- since hes prob a better fit- and one of LeBron's boys---- but who knows...we shall see.

did i say that i hate Iman Shumpert? today? in the last hour?

Probably 0 chance of Phoenix taking on IT. Think he burned every bridge over there.

The real question though is who is going to want IT. It's well known he wants a cash out after this year and deserves it. Any team acquiring him is going to need to shell out big bucks.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i kind of thought that too- the medical- but i cant imagine they would be this far down that path without doing the due dilligence

it would be a PR disaster - and a roster disaster- for both teams if this trade fell through because of medical after it was already announced and guys feelings were hurt.

maybe a small trade you do medical after during the season because of time, travel etc.....but on a trade of this magnitude during the summer- i would think must of the research would hve been completed before a deal was struck.

maybe not though- one thing is for sure--- we will see--- season starts in about 2 months. less now i guess since they are starting early to avoid so many back to backs.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah , someone who was really "owned" would leave a sports board for 2 months after his team got POLEAXED in the finals...

i don't think we know anyone like that...

...do we...?:heh:
How quickly he's looking to the future & no longer wants to talk about the past. :dhd:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably 0 chance of Phoenix taking on IT. Think he burned every bridge over there.

The real question though is who is going to want IT. It's well known he wants a cash out after this year and deserves it. Any team acquiring him is going to need to shell out big bucks.
oh yah--- def. zero chance of Phoenix taking IT- theyd need a 3rd team.

I know IT wants a huge payday---- but - im looking at the teams with cap space, without a committed point guard--- teams that would be trying to compete--- and theres really not that many great fits out there

who is a fit out there?

Atlantic: -Not Boston obviously- Nets no with Russell- and with Crabbe and Mozgovs K's, Not the sixers for sure---not the raptors for sure

Central: Not the Bucks...Cavs is who he is on now, Detroit has R. Jackson signed up long term,

Southeast: Maybe Atlanta?- they have Schroeder though who they are committed to...Not Charlotte with Kemba, not Miami since they have Dragic and zero cap room, not the Wizards with Wall---Magic maybe?

Pacific: Not GSW, Clips have no cap room, Not LA obviously, not phoenix obviously, not the Kings iwth Hill and Fox

Southwest: Not the Mavs with D. Smith and little Curry, Not the Rockets with Harden, Not the Grizz with Conleys huge contract, Pelicans just paid Holliday a huge deal, CAnt see the Spurs

Northwest: Denver just spent cap room on Milsap- and have Murray- need to pay Jokic, Twolves no, OKC no with RW, Portland def no with Lillard,

So- to summarize: The teams that make even a little sense:

-Bulls (they already do have Dunn they just dealt for)
-Pacers
-Knicks
-Magic
-Utah

what do you think?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Memphis wanted to get off of Conley's huge deal and go into a rebuild- that would be an interesting option since IT is expiring. Bring the Buckeye back to Ohio?

OH

IO

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Memphis wanted to get off of Conley's huge deal and go into a rebuild- that would be an interesting option since IT is expiring. Bring the Buckeye back to Ohio?

OH

IO

lol. Conley & Gasol for IT, TT, Shump, Frye, Antic, & BKN pick??

With the trade exception created form the Kyrie trade, that's just enough to make the salaries match.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh yah--- def. zero chance of Phoenix taking IT- theyd need a 3rd team.

I know IT wants a huge payday---- but - im looking at the teams with cap space, without a committed point guard--- teams that would be trying to compete--- and theres really not that many great fits out there

who is a fit out there?

Atlantic: -Not Boston obviously- Nets no with Russell- and with Crabbe and Mozgovs K's, Not the sixers for sure---not the raptors for sure

Central: Not the Bucks...Cavs is who he is on now, Detroit has R. Jackson signed up long term,

Southeast: Maybe Atlanta?- they have Schroeder though who they are committed to...Not Charlotte with Kemba, not Miami since they have Dragic and zero cap room, not the Wizards with Wall---Magic maybe?

Pacific: Not GSW, Clips have no cap room, Not LA obviously, not phoenix obviously, not the Kings iwth Hill and Fox

Southwest: Not the Mavs with D. Smith and little Curry, Not the Rockets with Harden, Not the Grizz with Conleys huge contract, Pelicans just paid Holliday a huge deal, CAnt see the Spurs

Northwest: Denver just spent cap room on Milsap- and have Murray- need to pay Jokic, Twolves no, OKC no with RW, Portland def no with Lillard,

So- to summarize: The teams that make even a little sense:

-Bulls (they already do have Dunn they just dealt for)
-Pacers
-Knicks
-Magic
-Utah

what do you think?

Utah has rubio.

Milwaukee isn't a bad idea.

The question is what do they give up and how do you spin it 3 ways. And if you could somehow pull Dudley out of them, that would be ideal too.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. Conley & Gasol for IT, TT, Shump, Frye, Antic, & BKN pick??

With the trade exception created form the Kyrie trade, that's just enough to make the salaries match.
that would be awesome...I was just gonna have a similar post....though- it would mean that Memphis would go into the tank--- which i dont think they want to do necesarily....

but man--- that would be cool. There is no way I could see LeBron leaving:

PG- Conley
SG- JR
SF- Bron
PF- Love
C- Gasol

Crowder, Rose, Dwade, Green, Korver

that would be a helluva matchup for the Golden Showers.