• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie to Boston rumors heating up. Deal nearly complete

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highlighted the one thing that matters.

If you want to buy in on Cleveland being better, that is the one and only reason.

I'll throw a slight nod to the Cavs being a better rebounding team with the caveat that neither of us has any clue what the Celtics bigs are going to rebound like.

Because the guys that the Celtics had rebounding last year are all gone. Horford aside. Who was never the problem to begin with.

After LeBron, the Celtics are simply better. Straight down the line. go up and down the roster and after "LeBron > Irving" the Cavs lose every time. Every last time.
who are the Celtics rebounders this year?

Baynes? Morris? Horford?

dude Love and TT will clown them on the boards

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok then we can couch this. You can have all the Jae Crowders that you want.

I'll take the Gordon Haywards and the Kyrie Irvings.

The salary cap only lets you have so many max players.

That's why getting a guy who is incredibly efficient on both ends are key. Especially when they're signed to cheap well below market deals.

Only a few players (i forget how many) were +1.5 on both offense and defense like Crowder were last year. His impact is slightly below All Star level.

And the numbers show with how bad the Celtics are when he's not on the floor.

(note: Idk how much more i'm allowed to share from that article cause it's ESPN Insider, if you have insider, please review that article about how the trade "Shakes UP" the East).

The ideal team has your legit star players, and then you want as many crowdrs as possible around them.

The celtics were 1 superstar short with IT, they're still 1 superstar short and gave up their most likely way to land one by moving the Brooklyn pick.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does everyone talk about you like you're some big jerkoff troll? By everything I've read from you, you're knowledgeable about the sport not a total homer.
i dont like the Lakers, Heat and GSW......that makes me unpopular.

I have tried to tell Heat and Lakers fans that no one is coming in free agency for quite a while now. That makes them mad.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the context of a fan debate anyone could ALWAYS say "I'll trust the professional GM over random fans" as a way to win an argument. But that's kinda silly.

GMs are wrong all the time(Knicks GMs are wrong every time). As fans we can debate whether they are right or wrong. Part of being a fan.

But in this specific case, I'm not even sure what Magic has to do with it. He didn't draft Ingram.

Of course we could always say that. But if we were in an argument and I said "I'll trust Bob Myers over some random fan" then I'd at least have a stronger argument than if I was trusting, for example, Billy King since Myers built a championship team, then made them even better, then figured out a way for them to keep all of their key pieces together. He's got a pretty solid track record and there's not much reason not to trust him.

The point is -- we aren't talking about logically sound arguments. We're talking about the probability of a given outcome. If Bob Myers endorses something, it at least gives the appearance of increasing the probability of it.

Reactions: LAD

Blotch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is probably fair.

I don't think it's insane to say that the Celtics will be in a dog fight with Tor, Was and MIL for 2nd place in the east. It's very real that they could finish 5th and have like 45 wins.

Talent wins in the NBA

The Celtics have a fuckload more than they have since 2010

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have tried to tell Heat and Lakers fans that no one is coming in free agency for quite a while now. That makes them mad.

Wrong. Try again sir.

Reactions: LAD

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all due respect, fuck Jae Crowder.

If he's anything more than the first swing off your bench for defensive purposes, your team isn't good enough.

I'm so sick of hearing the name Jae Crowder.

His offensive game is limited to "he can shoot 40% when he's got a wide open 3"

And he hasn't improved a stitch on the defensive end since 2015.

Jae Crowder today is the same Jae Crowder 2 years ago. That's not a good thing.
Honestly I don't think it's as much of a loss for us, as it is a gain for Cleveland. He shoots well in space, which he'll get more of in Cle.

He's a versatile defender, whether you like it or not, and that takes pressure off LeBron.

He's virtually the perfect fit there.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe LeBron should dig a little deeper into Celtics Twitter and see the TRUE reaction IT's departure is getting. He is very much loved and respected by the city and Celtics community. Almost to Papi levels.

Fuck the jersey burners, but also fuck the people that are pinning this on as another reason to dig Boston.

EDIT: That wasn't directed at you at all Gordon.

Yeah, for sure. Anyone who pins the actions of a couple people on an entire fanbase isn't being very smart.

LeBron shouldn't have given those idiots any attention (which is what they want)... but I think his little rant was about a lot more than burning jerseys. That's an extreme example of the attitude that many fans have towards players. Expect loyalty from the player but don't want to give any to the player.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does everyone talk about you like you're some big jerkoff troll? By everything I've read from you, you're knowledgeable about the sport not a total homer.

The only major thing I think I've disagreed with him on is his comparisons of Curry/Irving and his praise of Irving. But since Irving is now a Celtic, I can now argue with the Celtics fans on how good Irving is.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course we could always say that. But if we were in an argument and I said "I'll trust Bob Myers over some random fan" then I'd at least have a stronger argument than if I was trusting, for example, Billy King since Myers built a championship team, then made them even better, then figured out a way for them to keep all of their key pieces together. He's got a pretty solid track record and there's not much reason not to trust him.

The point is -- we aren't talking about logically sound arguments. We're talking about the probability of a given outcome. If Bob Myers endorses something, it at least gives the appearance of increasing the probability of it.

I would give a lot more credence to "I'll trust Bob Myers over Billy King" than "I'll trust <insert GM> over a random fan".

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who are the Celtics rebounders this year?

Baynes? Morris? Horford?

dude Love and TT will clown them on the boards
The same TT that got out rebounded by Steph Curry in the Finals?? :doh:

Blotch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, come to think of it, it was a lot of the Heat fans who kept saying that.

I hate Miami too.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stick around just a little longer & it shouldn't take long for you to get your answer.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would give a lot more credence to "I'll trust Bob Myers over Billy King" than "I'll trust <insert GM> over a random fan".

Sure. I think there are many fans and people on message boards who are very, very bright and know a whole lot about basketball. The "I'll trust <insert GM> over a random fan" is overrated. That "random fan" could be a genius when it comes to basketball. So much stuff that I've read from "random fans" on sports websites and message boards has been pretty enlightening. You just have to wade through a lot of crap to get to it sometimes.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something's missing here, or Danny Ainge has gone completely delusional...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I suggest you just enjoy this final year of LeBron in Cleveland. After that your Cavs will turn into a dumpster fire overnight. And I'd bet good money that future FA's would easily pick the Heat or the Lakers before the Cavs.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I don't think it's as much of a loss for us, as it is a gain for Cleveland. He shoots well in space, which he'll get more of in Cle.

He's a versatile defender, whether you like it or not, and that takes pressure off LeBron.

He's virtually the perfect fit there.
So then, what do you do with Kevin? Would you suggest they both be in the lineup at the same time?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many teams have reportedly tried to get Klay Thompson. Makes me think something is brewing that makes them think he might be available.