• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie to Boston rumors heating up. Deal nearly complete

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Golden State even want the Brooklyn pick? Let's decrease the chance of winning the next two titles for the rights to a top 5 pick who probably won't help us until Curry and Durant are well into their 30s.

Why would the Ws want to make ANY changes especially to the big 4? They have a team that can't really be improved for the next 2 years and no need to improve it. Keep dreaming Danny Ghostface

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure -- but to acquire who?

Their roster is just so perfect right now. I'm not sure why they'd even entertain a trade for Thompson unless Thompson has made it known to them that he's unhappy and going to be a distraction. And I've heard nothing of the sort.
Most likely they aren't. We've heard this rumor every season since 2015....and he's still a Warrior. Why would a GM that's been as smart as Meyers even think of trading Klay who's 1/3 of their offense AND possibly their 2nd best defensive player?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could play them at the same time, sure. Not sure what the plan is though, it's a good question.
So you would have 2 PF (possibly 3 because sometimes James plays the 4) with TT, James & IT?? Yea, no. That Warriors death lineup would kill them.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. I think there are many fans and people on message boards who are very, very bright and know a whole lot about basketball. The "I'll trust <insert GM> over a random fan" is overrated. That "random fan" could be a genius when it comes to basketball. So much stuff that I've read from "random fans" on sports websites and message boards has been pretty enlightening. You just have to wade through a lot of crap to get to it sometimes.

Regardless of the knowledge of the fan, part of being a fan is being able to judge the actions of the GMs. Saying "I'll just <insert GM> over random fan" is just a way to try to shut down the debate with an appeal to authority.

Magic Johnson has forgotten more about basketball than I'll ever know. But that doesn't mean he will be a good GM.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highlighted the one thing that matters.

If you want to buy in on Cleveland being better, that is the one and only reason.

I'll throw a slight nod to the Cavs being a better rebounding team with the caveat that neither of us has any clue what the Celtics bigs are going to rebound like.

Because the guys that the Celtics had rebounding last year are all gone. Horford aside. Who was never the problem to begin with.

After LeBron, the Celtics are simply better. Straight down the line. go up and down the roster and after "LeBron > Irving" the Cavs lose every time. Every last time.

only thing i'll say is the match-up(strictly BECAUSE ofthe LeClown factor), but it isn't like the Celtics have no chance...

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown is likely to improve but he's not going to turn into a stud overnight.
He doesn't have to be a stud. He's part of a team of guys making up for the absence of Jae Crowder... who is most definitely not a stud.

I fully expect for Brown's 3pt% to continue to improve, for his overall game to improve, and for Brown to continue to blossom into a quality defender. The only area he is probably not particular close to Crowder is in terms of strength... but athletically, he runs laps around Jae.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you would have 2 PF (possibly 3 because sometimes James plays the 4) with TT, James & IT?? Yea, no. That Warriors death lineup would kill them.
Well I didn't know we were talking about the Finals already. But, situationally throughout the season they can exist on the court together when needed.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just disappointed in Danny Ainge for not picking up Swappy P. He'll be the real reason your Warriors repeat. Danny Boy really fucked up.

if Swag's the reason the Dubs get another title i'll ship you a case of your favorite drink...

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont like the Lakers, Heat and GSW......that makes me unpopular.

I have tried to tell Heat and Lakers fans that no one is coming in free agency for quite a while now. That makes them mad.

lmfao you're a dickhead. THAT'S what makes you unpopular...:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I didn't know we were talking about the Finals already. But, situationally throughout the season they can exist on the court together when needed.
Well, they do play in the regular season too....

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the EC, I can see Boston winning 58-60 games rather easily.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't have to be a stud. He's part of a team of guys making up for the absence of Jae Crowder... who is most definitely not a stud.

I fully expect for Brown's 3pt% to continue to improve, for his overall game to improve, and for Brown to continue to blossom into a quality defender. The only area he is probably not particular close to Crowder is in terms of strength... but athletically, he runs laps around Jae.

Jaylen Brown has a great chance of being a much better player than Jae Crowder has ever been.

But Crowder had a VERY good year according to RPM last season. He was rated the 5th best SF in the league year by RPM. Jaylen Brown wasn't in the top 40 of SFs last year...

NBA Real Plus-Minus - National Basketball Association - ESPN

That's a pretty massive improvement you are expecting for Brown. Now RPM can certainly be way off on their ratings of both players but I think it is fair to say that there is still a pretty big gap between their actual play at this time.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the Ws want to make ANY changes especially to the big 4? They have a team that can't really be improved for the next 2 years and no need to improve it. Keep dreaming Danny Ghostface
They wouldn't. Now stop disrespecting Danny or I'm gonna rainbow your shit. You get one warning.