• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie to Boston rumors heating up. Deal nearly complete

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still am not 100% convinced that Thomas wont be moved again.

I THINK he will prob. stay in Cleveland- but i am not 100% sure.

I wouldnt be surprised if the Cavs were trying to make a 3 way deal where they get Bledsoe and another player or two--- and maybe send out some guys.

Im just saying- there are a LOT of guys on the Cavs roster right now:

PG: Isiah Thomas, Derek Rose, Jose Calderon, Kay Felder
SG: Jr Smith, Iman Shumpert, Kyle Korver
SF: LeBron James, Jae Crowder, Richard Jefferson
PF: TT, Jeff Green, Cedi Osman, Channing Frye
C: Kevin Love, Ante Zizic, Edy Taveres

that is 17 guys right there--- and that doesnt include buyout possibilties like Wade.

keep in mind- if Osman and Zizic were in this draft they both would have likely been 1st round picks.

I can definitely see a trade where some combination of Thomas, Shumpert, Zizic, Osman, Frye, go out---- and someone like Bledsoe/Beverely and some stuff comes back in.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing it doesn't take into account probably is the fact that the bottom half of the East is going to be a giant tankfest.

That is probably fair.

I don't think it's insane to say that the Celtics will be in a dog fight with Tor, Was and MIL for 2nd place in the east. It's very real that they could finish 5th and have like 45 wins.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldnt be surprised if the Cavs were trying to make a 3 way deal where they get Bledsoe and another player or two--- and maybe send out some guys.

that is 17 guys right there--- and that doesnt include buyout possibilties like Wade.

keep in mind- if Osman and Zizic were in this draft they both would have likely been 1st round picks.

I can definitely see a trade where some combination of Thomas, Shumpert, Zizic, Osman, Frye, go out---- and someone like Bledsoe/Beverely and some stuff comes back in.
Not for nothing, but that is a dogshit bench.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AKA, don't burn my jersey again next year. He's not tricking anyone....

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crowder, Rose, Frye, Green, Shumpert is a better bench than the Celtics have---- not once Tatum and brown develop--- but right now?

cmon man.
Our bench is young, I have no faith in it, yet. Your bench is just shitty.

Blotch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im just interested in knowing why you think Cleveland/Boston is a coin flip.

I think the Cavs are quite a bit better for these reasons:

1. Cavs have LeBron
2. Celtics have no one that can cover LeBron
3. Crowder is a solid option to guard Hayward
4. Cavs have a big rebounding advantage
5. Cavs have a big 3 pt shooting advantage
6. Cavs are prob deeper now- esp. if/when Dwade gets bought out.

I highlighted the one thing that matters.

If you want to buy in on Cleveland being better, that is the one and only reason.

I'll throw a slight nod to the Cavs being a better rebounding team with the caveat that neither of us has any clue what the Celtics bigs are going to rebound like.

Because the guys that the Celtics had rebounding last year are all gone. Horford aside. Who was never the problem to begin with.

After LeBron, the Celtics are simply better. Straight down the line. go up and down the roster and after "LeBron > Irving" the Cavs lose every time. Every last time.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crowder, Rose, Frye, Green, Shumpert is a better bench than the Celtics have---- not once Tatum and brown develop--- but right now?

cmon man.

D. Rose will get injured the 1st week of season watching game film & miss 2 months recovering.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highlighted the one thing that matters.

If you want to buy in on Cleveland being better, that is the one and only reason.

I'll throw a slight nod to the Cavs being a better rebounding team with the caveat that neither of us has any clue what the Celtics bigs are going to rebound like.

Because the guys that the Celtics had rebounding last year are all gone. Horford aside. Who was never the problem to begin with.

After LeBron, the Celtics are simply better. Straight down the line. go up and down the roster and after "LeBron > Irving" the Cavs lose every time. Every last time.

Sorry but gonna have to disagree. Horford was a huge part of the rebounding problem last year and going forward. It's just not who he is. Look at his career rebounding numbers. They're pretty bad for a center.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D. Rose will get injured the 1st week of season watching game film & miss 2 months recovering.

Also they got Jeff Green. The ultimate "YO WE GOT JEFF GREEN HE"S GOING TO BALL OUT" who eventually turns into "yeah, well, jeff green is a marginally ok player".

He's done that on like every team he's ever been on.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we really have no idea what Magic Johnson's judgment amounts to so far. Isiah Thomas was an all time great PG and one of the worst GMs in league history.

Regardless, appeals to authority don't really validate a position. Ingram may turn a lethal shooter this year or in the future and justify his draft pick. Or he may never be more than league average or worse player. We really don't know yet.

Logically, no. If you're talking about probability, it's a different situation. Though I'm not sure Magic has a track record to support the claim that his opinion is any more or less probable to be right.

Blotch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a coin flip. If we still had Crowder I'd feel better about it, but it still wouldn't be a coin flip.

With all due respect, fuck Jae Crowder.

If he's anything more than the first swing off your bench for defensive purposes, your team isn't good enough.

I'm so sick of hearing the name Jae Crowder.

His offensive game is limited to "he can shoot 40% when he's got a wide open 3"

And he hasn't improved a stitch on the defensive end since 2015.

Jae Crowder today is the same Jae Crowder 2 years ago. That's not a good thing.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also they got Jeff Green. The ultimate "YO WE GOT JEFF GREEN HE"S GOING TO BALL OUT" who eventually turns into "yeah, well, jeff green is a marginally ok player".

He's done that on like every team he's ever been on.

I'm just disappointed in Danny Ainge for not picking up Swappy P. He'll be the real reason your Warriors repeat. Danny Boy really fucked up.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preach

rlODxtS.png

Blotch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it's interesting.

Especially it's clear the Crowder is being severely undervalued.

The celtics did not get better this year unless Irving makes a big leap. I thought 6 was high, but a couple of wins I could buy.

Ok then we can couch this. You can have all the Jae Crowders that you want.

I'll take the Gordon Haywards and the Kyrie Irvings.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logically, no. If you're talking about probability, it's a different situation. Though I'm not sure Magic has a track record to support the claim that his opinion is any more or less probable to be right.

In the context of a fan debate anyone could ALWAYS say "I'll trust the professional GM over random fans" as a way to win an argument. But that's kinda silly.

GMs are wrong all the time(Knicks GMs are wrong every time). As fans we can debate whether they are right or wrong. Part of being a fan.

But in this specific case, I'm not even sure what Magic has to do with it. He didn't draft Ingram.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe LeBron should dig a little deeper into Celtics Twitter and see the TRUE reaction IT's departure is getting. He is very much loved and respected by the city and Celtics community. Almost to Papi levels.

Fuck the jersey burners, but also fuck the people that are pinning this on as another reason to dig Boston.

EDIT: That wasn't directed at you at all Gordon.

Blotch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why does everyone talk about you like you're some big jerkoff troll? By everything I've read from you, you're knowledgeable about the sport not a total homer.