• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie to Boston rumors heating up. Deal nearly complete

Blotch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That tends to happen when a Brock Ossweiler led team is your biggest competition

Can't think of too many times that Brock Osweiler and Tom Brady were on the field at the same time.

Having said that, I'm pretty sure that Ben Roethlisberger and Matt Ryan were his two "opponents" in the other two games.

Blotch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a legitimate question if they're better.

Again, Kyrie is not a superstar, he's not even a top 20 player.

RPM projections dropped Boston from 49 wins to 43 wins after this trade; and CLE improved from 49 wins to 53 wins.

Your first sentence is totally fair. Your second sentence is totally stupid.

Your third sentence reveals you're trolling.

"43 wins"

LOL

Blotch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also lost like 11 players off that team and something like 5 or 6 of the top 7 guys in minutes played, including their 2 top players according to RPM (Crowder and Amir). So saying that isn't really helpful. This team has been almost completely turned over.

I like it better when you post rationally like this.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"43 wins"

LOL

The fact that you still haven't figured out that these are what the system says and not my own stuff...shows you're a god damn moron.

Don't waste my time if you're going to be this stupid.

Blotch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh the Celtics essentially have a new team. Horford and Smart are the only guys still on the team to average more than 20 minutes a game last year.

So the Celtics are certainly a wildcard as far as chemistry goes. Stephens is a good coach but he can't magically make chemistry work if isn't there.

that's fair.

He also can't make talent appear it it isn't there.

And Irving and Hayward are easily the two most talented players out of everyone on this year or last year's Celtics roster.

Blotch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that you still haven't figured out that these are what the system says and not my own stuff...shows you're a god damn moron.

Don't waste my time if you're going to be this stupid.

Here, you want a shot? I'll give you a shot.

Do you think 43 wins is a realistic projection for the Celtics?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's fair.

He also can't make talent appear it it isn't there.

And Irving and Hayward are easily the two most talented players out of everyone on this year or last year's Celtics roster.

I'd agree with that. I'd say that Irving is only moderately more talented than Thomas and you gave up a quality draft pick and Jae Crowder for that upgrade. That may be worth it to the Celtics in the long run but I don't see it helping them all that much this year.

Blotch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ehh...right now you are right....

2-3 years from now when Isiah is 30-31 and Kyrie is 27-28 the gap will continue to grow. Isiah wont be a top 30 guy and Kyrie will have a chance to creep into the top 10 if his defense ever picks up.

But right NOW for this season? Isiah can give about 80-90% of what Kyrie did.

It's nether irrational nor unfair to say Isaiah was the Celtics best player while still recognizing that Irving is better in every facet of the game.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"43 wins"

LOL

the 538 article i posted shows at lesat 20 guys you say are legitimately better than Kyrie.

Blotch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd agree with that. I'd say that Irving is only moderately more talented than Thomas and you gave up a quality draft pick and Jae Crowder for that upgrade. That may be worth it to the Celtics in the long run but I don't see it helping them all that much this year.

IT sucked every drop of success out of what he has. His absolute apex, ceiling is what he was last year.

Irving is 3 years younger, 6 inches taller and more skilled.

This can be a good trade for both teams. The Celtics got the best player, the Cavs got great value.

In the NBA, the superstars win in the playoffs. The Celtics got the superstar. The Cavs got a great return for the superstar.

Blotch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the 538 article i posted shows at lesat 20 guys you say are legitimately better than Kyrie.

4th time I'll ask you.

Tell us about all the trades that Danny lost that you kept referring to yesterday until you ran out of ways not to answer.

You say you're not a troll. Prove it.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here, you want a shot? I'll give you a shot.

Do you think 43 wins is a realistic projection for the Celtics?

Becuse of my other part you quoted (huge roster turnover) the Celtics are fascinating.

I don't think this move improves them, but I don't think it's worth 6 losses either.

Don't forget they played over their heads last year in terms of W/L. So adding Hayward basically just negated that.

But losing Amir and Crowder are huge losses. I think they're in the high 40s this year. But it's gonna be a tight race with Washington and Toronto for sure. And god knows what Mil might look like if they can get everyone healthy for once.

Blotch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Becuse of my other part you quoted (huge roster turnover) the Celtics are fascinating.

I don't think this move improves them, but I don't think it's worth 6 losses either.

Don't forget they played over their heads last year in terms of W/L. So adding Hayward basically just negated that.

But losing Amir and Crowder are huge losses. I think they're in the high 40s this year. But it's gonna be a tight race with Washington and Toronto for sure. And god knows what Mil might look like if they can get everyone healthy for once.

Yes or No

Do you think 43 wins is a realistic projection?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's no such thing as a surefire stud.

andrew wiggins was the next Lebron James. Then everyone waffled on him come draft day. Okafor was the golden ticket and then KAT passed him in the tourney. Ben Simmons was a surefire stud then his team sucked and he got lapped by Ingram.

I get what you're saying. I really do. But those real, true, surefire studs? Come along once every 12 years.

The last one was LeBron. Before that, there was Shaq.

Sure, other #1 picks like Duncan have been all time greats. But surefire stud, as you call it? 2 in the last 25 drafts. Shaq and James.

I'd put Durant on the list too of surefire studs on draft day

Blotch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you seriously just say Amir Johnson is a huge loss?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th time I'll ask you.

Tell us about all the trades that Danny lost that you kept referring to yesterday until you ran out of ways not to answer.

You say you're not a troll. Prove it.

I mentioned the article multiple times. It's on EsPN.

Are they big trades, no, not really. But when Danny wins, he wins big.

A lot of these deals were meh. You wanna argue them either way fine. Or some were just fair value:
Some of the ones that were fair value were as follows:
The Brooks/Crawford deal for a handful of 2nds
the 2016 draft day deal with Memphis

Losses:
Kris Humphries Deal
Courtney Lee deal
Brandon Wright deal (although what he did after the fact does help)
Austin Rivers trade
trade down with Philly this year

He lost the Bradley deal but I'm not gonna say count this one because i'm not gonna count the acquring of Zeller since a team dumping a guy to sign Lebron is probably a win for that team ;)

Some of the deals still have outstanding picks so can't really judge those entirely yet. Such as the Jeff Green 3 way deal. The pick was expected to be a late first, if they fall off a cliff that could turn into a win.

Again, I ignored the salary clearing deals that they were a part of on both sides to be consistent.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what happens when people equate "scorer" with "better offensive player".

In the game today, KD is probably the only guy I would say is a better scorer than Kyrie. There are plenty of guys who are better overall offensive players. Westbrook would be one.
Westbrook "is" a better offensive player than Kyrie. Not only that Westbrook plays great defense. Actually IMO, Curry a better offensive player than Kyrie.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that never happens. Obviously that could change but I wouldn't count on it (yet)

That was kind of the point.

He said Boston actually has a chance against CLE this year, and so i made that comment.

(because they still don't, not really).