• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie to Boston rumors heating up. Deal nearly complete

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ingram's been putting in the work. I know Summer League doesn't mean a whole lot, but i could see a flash or 2 of what the kid could be...

there's a reason Magic Johnson refused to deal him away...

and i trust HIS judgement over some guy on a sports message board...

Pat Riley taught Magic everything he knows about running a team. And like wiggy said in the past Riley has lost what he never had & doesn't know what he's doing anymore. The same thing will happen to Magic.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh the Celtics essentially have a new team. Horford and Smart are the only guys still on the team to average more than 20 minutes a game last year.

So the Celtics are certainly a wildcard as far as chemistry goes. Stephens is a good coach but he can't magically make chemistry work if isn't there.
I think the Celtics need more 3 pt shooting and more rebounding.

Crowder and Bradley were both around 40% last year. Isiah was up there as well. Kyrie and Hayward are obviously VERY good 3 pt shooters- but the rest of the roster is pretty average shooting wise.

Kyrie enjoyed a lot of space with Bron, Korver, Smith, Frye, Love etc....hes gonna see a lot more double teams and that lane wont be as wide open as last year.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Celtics need more 3 pt shooting and more rebounding.

Crowder and Bradley were both around 40% last year. Isiah was up there as well. Kyrie and Hayward are obviously VERY good 3 pt shooters- but the rest of the roster is pretty average shooting wise.

Kyrie enjoyed a lot of space with Bron, Korver, Smith, Frye, Love etc....hes gonna see a lot more double teams and that lane wont be as wide open as last year.

I'm curious to see how Kyrie holds up as a dedicated PG that will be expected to always run the offense.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat Riley taught Magic everything he knows about running a team. And like wiggy said in the past Riley has lost what he never had & doesn't know what he's doing anymore. The same thing will happen to Magic.
I mean- hasnt Riley lost his fastball?

you see teams adding players like crazy around the league--- and the guy drafts a backup center and signs Kelly Olnyk...

hes Bartolo Colon! lol.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- hasnt Riley lost his fastball?

you see teams adding players like crazy around the league--- and the guy drafts a backup center and signs Kelly Olnyk...

hes Bartolo Colon! lol.

You really need to back off of your Riley rants. His post playing career NBA resume speaks for itself.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious to see how Kyrie holds up as a dedicated PG that will be expected to always run the offense.
it will be interesting to see where his assist numbers go and how he leads an offense.

Its a pretty good offense. Hayward is obviously a top 20 player. Horford is still a very slick offensive player. A lot of athleticism with Tatum, Brown and Smart---- thatll be interesting to see Kyrie on the break with those 3.

a big man rotation of Morris, Horford and Baynes is less than ideal...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really need to back off of your Riley rants. His post playing career NBA resume speaks for itself.
hey you are the one that brought him up---- i dont know how you can look at the last few years and say hes done a good job though.

obviously he deserves immense credit for being the architecht of the big 3--- but since than i dont see anything impressive what so ever.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People don't realize the gap from IT to Kyrie isn't that big.

Yeah I agree with that. I saw what IT did to my Wizards, he carried that team to the series win. Sure they posted him up at times but that didn't offset his offensive dominance.

As I said it was a marginal upgrade but still an upgrade. Put that with the draft and a player I absolutely love in Hayward and I see Boston as improved over last year even after this deal.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ehh...right now you are right....

2-3 years from now when Isiah is 30-31 and Kyrie is 27-28 the gap will continue to grow. Isiah wont be a top 30 guy and Kyrie will have a chance to creep into the top 10 if his defense ever picks up.

But right NOW for this season? Isiah can give about 80-90% of what Kyrie did.

Can't assume much "long term" since it's only one more year.

Is one year of Kyrie worth the brooklyn pick and Crowder?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey you are the one that brought him up---- i dont know how you can look at the last few years and say hes done a good job though.

obviously he deserves immense credit for being the architecht of the big 3--- but since than i dont see anything impressive what so ever.

Yeah I brought him up to mock you.:heh: Guess you missed that. And you know what's impressive about Riley? His luxurious hair. And yes, LeBron is jealous!

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you deserve the .500 team that is maxed out cap wise with the worst collection of draft assets in the league.....

honestly - heatles84 --- i know some of your fellow Miami fans preferred winning an extra 10 games- instead of getting a big time pick......but dont you think having the chance to draft the teams next Dwade is worth more than a first round exit at best?

Im fine with rebuilding whenever LeBron decides to leave/retire. What i dont want to see is the Cavs trying to be some mid-tier team- spending a ton of money on mediocrity.

I dunno- i just see the shape that Boston and Minne and Philly are in right now- and how excited those fan bases are---- you have to go through some rough times to get there- but to me- it seems worth it. Id rather have that than be like the Hornets or Heat or the Griz right now- and be destined for a low playoff seed without much hope or flexibility.

The irony of this post is you just traded a #1 pick in Kyrie for a package that's highlighted by a guy who was the #60 pick in his own respective draft.

The Heat for over the last 20 years has operated at a consistent basis and more often than not makes the playoffs and contends every now and then. The Cavs since the early 90's hadn't done shit until Lebron came by who when is all said and done will likely end up as the 2nd best player of all time.

The draft is a crap shoot. Doing more research on the player the Heat drafted, I like him.

If being high in the lottery is the key to success, then why are teams like the Nuggets, Suns, Kings, Knicks, etc... constantly there with no end in sight. You praise the 76ers, but 2 of their 3 high end guys (Embiid and Simmons) have flags on injury issues (Simmons having a fractured foot), yet they're nowhere near contention right now and have been abysmal for the better part of a decade.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the LeBron comparison is apropros.

LOL...Well Done

I actually think Rodgers is the best QB ive ever seen, so the gap between Brady and the next best IMO, is nill

The gap between Lebron and the next best, is the grand canyon

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cleveland Clowns will shock the world this year & double their win total from last year. 2-14 sounds better than 1-15.

LMAO

I actually wouldnt be shocked if they are 3-3 after their first 6, and end up a 5-11 or 6-10 team

One of the more interesting watches to me in the NFL, def heading in a positive direction, not so sure Hue Jackson is the right guy to lead them but time will tell

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The irony of this post is you just traded a #1 pick in Kyrie for a package that's highlighted by a guy who was the #60 pick in his own respective draft.

Are you suggesting that this was a bad trade for the Cavs? r the Heat drafted, I like him.

If being high in the lottery is the key to success, then why are teams like the Nuggets, Suns, Kings, Knicks, etc... constantly there with no end in sight. You praise the 76ers, but 2 of their 3 high end guys (Embiid and Simmons) have flags on injury issues (Simmons having a fractured foot), yet they're nowhere near contention right now and have been abysmal for the better part of a decade.

High lottery picks don't guarantee success but they do help. Odd that you would reference the Knicks as an example of lottery picks that failed. They've had one top 5 pick in the last 30 years. If anything they are a cautionary tale about dealing away draft picks. The Nuggets haven't had a top 5 pick since Carmelo.

The Sixers may or may not do well this year but I would say most people see an end in sight.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you suggesting that this was a bad trade for the Cavs? r the Heat drafted, I like him.

High lottery picks don't guarantee success but they do help. Odd that you would reference the Knicks as an example of lottery picks that failed. They've had one top 5 pick in the last 30 years. If anything they are a cautionary tale about dealing away draft picks. The Nuggets haven't had a top 5 pick since Carmelo.

The Sixers may or may not do well this year but I would say most people see an end in sight.

Not at all, the trade's actually pretty even. When you have people having reasonable debates about who got the better of the trade along with a trade that made both teams better, it's pretty good.

This was more of a point against Wiggy where he acts like high-end lottery picks are the end all be all. I'm merely highlighting where Irving and IT are the center pieces in the deal where Irving was a number 1 pick, whereas IT was the last pick in his own draft.

The Knicks traded some of those picks away that didn't work out. I consider lottery/high-end between 1-10 where the Nuggets have found themselves there the last couple of years.

While I would like to have high-end draft picks, it's not the only avenue of success.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO

I actually wouldnt be shocked if they are 3-3 after their first 6, and end up a 5-11 or 6-10 team

One of the more interesting watches to me in the NFL, def heading in a positive direction, not so sure Hue Jackson is the right guy to lead them but time will tell

If the Browns are 3-3 after 6 games I'll celebrate like they made the playoffs.

:hammer:

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Browns are 3-3 after 6 games I'll celebrate like they made the playoffs.

:hammer:

Ok seriously, how do i get that Hammer Dance to show up in my posts?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok seriously, how do i get that Hammer Dance to show up in my posts?

When you either quote someone or post something hit the smiley face icon & then go to secondary.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we really have no idea what Magic Johnson's judgment amounts to so far. Isiah Thomas was an all time great PG and one of the worst GMs in league history.

Regardless, appeals to authority don't really validate a position. Ingram may turn a lethal shooter this year or in the future and justify his draft pick. Or he may never be more than league average or worse player. We really don't know yet.

point still stands. i'll trust/value HIS opinion over a detractor on a sports message board...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...Well Done

I actually think Rodgers is the best QB ive ever seen, so the gap between Brady and the next best IMO, is nill

The gap between Lebron and the next best, is the grand canyon

lol Aaron Rodgers is frightening, even in college at Cal...

when he played the Trojans he maybe missed one pass. I used to yell at the TV "dammit, step on his feet or something..."