• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie to Boston rumors heating up. Deal nearly complete

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the Cavs offense was outstanding last year, and it will be again. But their D will continue to be very much below championship level. Meanwhile the title winning Ws have as good or better O and much better D.

The sad part is, it will likely be Cavs-Warriors IV and I'm sick of that. New meat please!

hey, maybe the Celtics'll get lucky and get by 'em this time...?:heh:

#couldhappen

#shutWiggydownsoonerthanusual:lol:

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the celtics believe the brooklyn pick will be closer to 10 than 1, and thats why they made the deal. brooklyns going to be marginally better this year.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean like all those discussions from last season you had, then the Warriors trounced the Cavs and you disappeared for 2 months? Care to run any of those talks back?

lol, yeah Wiggy's "famous" orations are fondly remembered by all...:rolleyes2:

funny how empty those pages(and pages...and pages) of utterances became once the finals got rolling...

seems the Warriors also have another ability. removing a clown from a sports message board...:lol:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing how far Kyrie has fallen in 24 hours in @WiggyRuss homer eyes.
Amazing how he can't fathom why Kyrie got to the point he won't talk to LeDouche.
Its the same reason(s) real Heat fans didn't care when he left.
i guess you cant read.

I have been consistent about Kyrie the ENTIRE time. He is somewhere between outside the top 10 players in the league--- but no one- at least I think- could ever say he is out of the top 20. I have generally had him between about 12th and 16th. I did think by the age of 25 that his defense would have improved by now.

I think after Durant (and people have some good points- RW as well) he is prob the best offensive player in the game. I dont think there is a guy i would rather have take a last shot down 1 with 5 seconds left in the entire league.

This was all about what it does for the Cavs going forward. Without Kyrie AND Love- whenever LeBron decides to leave its going to be over and there will be an inevitable rebuild. I mean- I think Isiah is a good player (not as good as Hurricane had him in his top 10 players--- id prob have Isiah right around top 30-- prob between 28 and 32 is what i would think)--- but the window is going to close when LeBron leaves- whether thats next year, 3 years from now, or 7 years from now.

Isiah at the age of 28 lines up with LeBrons last 3 or so really great years. That was a must for a trade to happen. During those 3 years at least (lets say LeBron re-ups plays 2 more yeras with the Cavs after this one which i think is likely) he is going to give you 80% of what Kyrie gave you. After those 3 years when Kyrie is 28 in his prime and Isiah is 31-32 years old?--- Kyrie will be SO far and away better than Isiah - but at that point if Lebron is gone/retired its totally irrelevant anyway.

then you add Crowder...not only do you add him--- you take him away from Cleveland's biggest competition in the East. All of a sudden the Cavs have someone not named LeBron that can do a solid job on Hayward- and the Celtics have no one even slightly equipped to guard LeBron. Crowder is a PERFECT backup for LeBron- esp. with Jefferson getting so old.

And if LeBron leaves- you could flip Crowder and the 2 year 14M left on his contract AFTER this year for a solid first round pick in about half a second.

Then you get to the pick. Which makes the trade worth while. RIGHT NOW- there are at least 2 studs in this upcoming draft in Bagley and Porter- each of whom would have gone #1 this year. These are guys that are closer to the Anthony Davis tier than they are to the Markelle Fultz tier. There are a number of other players that fall into that Fultz/Ball/Fox tier.

Out of all the best teams in the league- the teams where a star that becomes avaliable would want to go to-- Cleveland has the best asset (unless Boston wants to trade Tatum). If Cousins, or Marc Gasol, or even Paul George, or WHO KNOWS become available- the Cavs will be in the best position to get that guy.

Not only that- but the Cavs are also- from what i have read- the favorites to add Wade. That would be a helluva bench scorer and 2nd unit leader. Hes not CLOSE to All Star DWADE anymore- but 20-25 minutes off the bench? Sign me up for that.

So- as i said? is Kyrie Irving a top 15 player? YES. Much clutch player in the game? DEFINITELY can make that argument. Am i disappointed hes gone? of course. Did the Cavs get a big time haul for him? FUCK YES. Its a trade that helps them both short term- and potentially long term. If you think 34 year old 1st year GM Koby Altman was the main architect behind this deal- you obviously havent beeen paying attention.

Also- obviously Zizic is an after thought in a deal this big- but he is a legit young big man that would have gone in the top 20 in this draft. As would have Cedi Osman. Those are 2 other decent assets the Cavs have- whether they want to keep them and have some cheap labor- or use them in a deal.

If LeBron told the Cavs- ill stay 2 more years- I think they could DEFINITELY pull off a Gasol deal.

Maybe if they are lucky Cousins will self destruct, and the Cavs can work out a deal with the Pelicans for Anthony Davis (this is a pipe dream I know- but hey - ya never know)- the Cavs could offer the Brooklyn pick, flip Crowder for another solid first rounder, and add Zizic, Osman). Who is trumping that?

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys are getting on Wiggy a little unfairly due to past performance. His points aren't unreasonable.

Does anyone really think that the Celtics have leapfrogged the Cavs to be the Eastern Conference sacrificial lamb?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for the record.....despite what is being rumored about LA, I am becoming increasingly worried he could go to the Knicks.....he can stay in the EC and stick it to Gilbert and the Cavs. He would make them an instant contender and could recruit like cray cray (is that the en vogue talk nowadays, haven't heard from the man-child now that he's working and shit) for the KNicks.

Lebron's not going to the Knicks. Look at the crap Melo is dealing with there. The Knicks are a toxic organization and there's no ties to that organization whatsoever. At least the Lakers have a solid direction now. If Jim Buss was still in charge, I would've said there's next to no chance goes to LA. Now, I think there's a real possibility.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron's not going to the Knicks. Look at the crap Melo is dealing with there. The Knicks are a toxic organization and there's no ties to that organization whatsoever. At least the Lakers have a solid direction now. If Jim Buss was still in charge, I would've said there's next to no chance goes to LA. Now, I think there's a real possibility.
I only see LeBron either staying in Cleveland or going to LA. LA is the only place he could leave Cleveland for and not look like a mercenary since he has some roots there.

Right now- after the trade- I think its about 2/3rds chance he stays, 1/3rd chance he leaves---- but honestly- we have no clue how it will go until the season is over.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys are getting on Wiggy a little unfairly due to past performance. His points aren't unreasonable.

Does anyone really think that the Celtics have leapfrogged the Cavs to be the Eastern Conference sacrificial lamb?

Wiggy deserves the bashing he gets. Having said that, I'm in the group that believes the Cavs are still the better team in the East, solely because of Lebron.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only see LeBron either staying in Cleveland or going to LA. LA is the only place he could leave Cleveland for and not look like a mercenary since he has some roots there.

Right now- after the trade- I think its about 2/3rds chance he stays, 1/3rd chance he leaves---- but honestly- we have no clue how it will go until the season is over.

I'm in reverse on the probability (2/3 leaves, 1/3 stays). But I agree with your overall assessment.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

exactly--- hey- im the first to say- id rather have Kyrie than Thomas by a fair margin. Kyrie is a top 15 player--- Thomas MIGHT be a top 30 player.

But add in Crowder and the pick- and the Cavs did very well.

Who guards LeBron on the Celtics?

Cavs are such a better rebounding and 3pt shooting team as well. Cavs can have Crowder and LeBron guard Hayward....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in reverse on the probability (2/3 leaves, 1/3 stays). But I agree with your overall assessment.
If LA had a better team i might agree....but Ball is 19. Ingram 20. Even if they got George and LeBron---- thats not better than LeBron, Love, Thomas, JR, TT, possiblity of adding another big time player with the Brooklyn pick, etc. etc....

In the West he would have a lot harder time not only against GSW in the playoffs--- but theoritically- he could get bounced by the Twolves or Houston......

Its why i think LeBron will stay in Cleveland 2 more years---- get everything he can out of this roster- let Ball and Ingram develop for another year or two--- and then i could see him making his move. By that time--- when hed be playing in aout his age 36 season- if he wanted to go out and sunset his career in LA- thats cool by me.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I think the Cavs are still the easy favorites. But, I do think we have a better shot against them than last year, whatever that actually means.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy deserves the bashing he gets. Having said that, I'm in the group that believes the Cavs are still the better team in the East, solely because of Lebron.
you deserve the .500 team that is maxed out cap wise with the worst collection of draft assets in the league.....

honestly - heatles84 --- i know some of your fellow Miami fans preferred winning an extra 10 games- instead of getting a big time pick......but dont you think having the chance to draft the teams next Dwade is worth more than a first round exit at best?

Im fine with rebuilding whenever LeBron decides to leave/retire. What i dont want to see is the Cavs trying to be some mid-tier team- spending a ton of money on mediocrity.

I dunno- i just see the shape that Boston and Minne and Philly are in right now- and how excited those fan bases are---- you have to go through some rough times to get there- but to me- it seems worth it. Id rather have that than be like the Hornets or Heat or the Griz right now- and be destined for a low playoff seed without much hope or flexibility.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I think the Cavs are still the easy favorites. But, I do think we have a better shot against them than last year, whatever that actually means.
I def agree on that.....

adding Hayward and Irving is amazing. If LeBron leaves Cleveland thy will be amazingly positioned in the East going forward. This year though? Ijust think Boston still needs (i) someone to guard LeBron, (ii) a better PF and more rebounding, (iii) more 3 pt shooting.

Blotch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.

It depends who the prospects are.

2015 had a surefire stud at the top, then a lot of question marks. The Lakers missed with their second pick. Russell isn't that good. That is why they were willing to deal him.

2018 has 2 surefire studs at the top.

there's no such thing as a surefire stud.

andrew wiggins was the next Lebron James. Then everyone waffled on him come draft day. Okafor was the golden ticket and then KAT passed him in the tourney. Ben Simmons was a surefire stud then his team sucked and he got lapped by Ingram.

I get what you're saying. I really do. But those real, true, surefire studs? Come along once every 12 years.

The last one was LeBron. Before that, there was Shaq.

Sure, other #1 picks like Duncan have been all time greats. But surefire stud, as you call it? 2 in the last 25 drafts. Shaq and James.

Blotch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow you're a dumbass. He had 5 seasons, playing with Durant, where he made 1st or 2nd team all NBA. Something Kyrie hasn't with/without Lebron. Try again, homer.

Yeah.

I said at least 3 times that there are six guys who are lead pipe better than Irving.

Westbrook is one of them.

I was making no reference that Irving was as good as Westbrook. I was making reference that a guys production will shoot up when he is no longer in the shadow of an elite superstar.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lmfao you CLEARLY haven't dealt with all of his endless pages of homeristic bullshit...

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His points are unreasonable right now. And I agree the Cavs are better because of Lebron. That's been the case for the last 7 years in the East.