• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie to Boston rumors heating up. Deal nearly complete

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess wiggy didn't know Morris was a lifetime 36% shooter on 3's. Stretch 4.....
if Marcus Morris is your starting PF- you are not in good shape. lol.

The Cavs are still quite a bit better than the Celtics because the Cavs have LeBron.

And now they have a route to add to the team in the future as well. Lets see who becomes avaliable at the deadline or- where that pick ends up in the draft.

Can you imagine adding Marc Gasol to the Cavs?--- or say if the OKC isnt producing- adding Paul George to this team? Maybe Cousins.....who really knows what may become available? I just know if a stud becomes avaliable the Cavs could offer a better package than just about anyone out there now that Boston and Minne blew their wad on Butler and Kyrie.

PG- Isiah
SG- Smith
SF- LeBron
PF- TT
C- Love

vs.

PG- Kyrie
SG- Smart
SF- Hayward
PF- Morris
C- Horford

bench: Crowder, Rose, Green, Korver, prob D wade....

bench: Tatum, Brown, Rozier, Yabunsale, Baynes---- 2 rooks- 2 2nd year players- and Baynes....yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. thatll be really good 2-3 years from now- but right now the Cavs bench slaughters that- esp. if Wade ends up here as many predict.

The Celtics still do have the Lakers pick next draft which is a pretty valuable asset as well- not as valuable as the Brooklyn pick though.

as i said.

The Celtics dealt to the Cavs their best perimeter defender. Who on the Celtics guards LeBron?

Crowder and James switching off is a great combo to throw at opposing wings.

Isiah Thomas will be going from playing with LeBron James- while Kyrie leaves LeBron James. Anyone with any sense knows how much easier LeBron James makes the game.

Make no mistake--- id rather have Kyrie--- ESPECIALLY long term as he is only 25 and still has upside. But right now? The Cavs are still quite a bit better than the Celtics.

Celtics need to get some more 3 pt shooting, and get some decent big men---- they might have a hrad time even meeting the Cavs if their front court rotation remains Horford/Morris/Baynes--- and- as much as I think of Brown and Tatum- 20 year old kids arent major contributors on contending teams. 2-3 years from now they might be ready to be big time contributors...right now? Id LOVE to see Jayson Tatum try and D up LeBron. It would be a massacre.

Cavs still have LeBron. Still shoot the 3 a ton better and still rebound a ton better. And I think we are gonna see an ornery, motivated LeBron James. Thats a scary thought. Not only that- but Isiah just got stabbed in the back so bad--- hes gonna pissed off, in a contract year and motivated as hell.

And if means LeBron stays- of course resign Thomas....its not my money. Dan will continue writing the biggest checks in the history of the league. When you are a multi-billionaire- spending an extra 50M is like throwing a few deck chairs off the Titanic- if you really care and competitive--- which some owners are more than others.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean its only common sense.

Kyrie is still going to be one of the best scorers in the league. Hes amazing offensively. As i have said- other than Durant--- i think hes the best offensive player in the league. The whole reason he is somewhere around the 15th best player in the league is because he is maybe the hardest guy to guard in the league outside of Durant.

But you dont leave LeBron James- the best player in the league--- the games premier combination stretch big man/rebounder in Love, and 3 point shooters like Korver, Frye, Smith, and now Crowder (who shot 40% from 3 last year), without seeing that spacing shrink.

Not only that- but Thomas doesnt have to play 34 minutes a game and carry an offense like he had to do in Boston....hes never played with a scorer like LeBron...hes never played with a scorer like Love...hes never had shooting around him like Korver/JR/Frye....

he is not going to believe how much easier the game gets when instead of constantly getting double teamed- you are left on your own since LeBron has 2 guys on him and if you sag off Love or Korver or Smith or Frye or whoever- you will be made to pay a high price.

I cant wait for the start of the season and run this back.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make my point for me here...

... the C's had a perfect situation for IT's talents... the whole thing was built almost tailor made for him to be the man, and the offense hummed when he was on the floor.
I dont htink you understand what i am saying

i am definitely not saying i think Thomas will match his point totals from last year--- no way in hell he will- he scored about 29 points a game last year- id be shocked if he scores 25 a game with the Cavs----

the Cavs dont need him to and dont want him too....the CAvs dont want him playing 34 minutes a n ight in the regular season and going down the floor half a dozen times a night--- and hes not going to have to.

Ill guarantee you Isiah's efficiency goes up though.

I mean- dude- you think hes going to have a harder time playing with LeBron James? Playing with a stretch 4 like Kevin Love? Playing with shooters like Korver and Frye and Smith?

Having a legitimate backup like Rose that can play 20 minutes a game?

Thomas isnt going to have to be the entire offense like he was for Boston last year. Teams arent going to be able to double team him.

Kyrie will see more double teams in a month next year than he saw all last year. Teams arent afraid to give Jaylen Brown and Marcus Smart open threes. And as we said--- Boston's rebounding is still extremely sub-par. Bradley shot 39% from 3 last year. Crowder 40% from 3. Now you have Marcus Smart and Jaylen Brown playing SG- neither of whom can shoot a 3.

Boston needs 3 pt shooting, rebounding- and someone that can try and slow down LeBron if they are going to have any hope of knocking off the Cavs. Who on the Celtics guards LeBron right now?

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Marcus Morris is your starting PF- you are not in good shape. lol.

The Cavs are still quite a bit better than the Celtics because the Cavs have LeBron.

And now they have a route to add to the team in the future as well. Lets see who becomes avaliable at the deadline or- where that pick ends up in the draft.

Can you imagine adding Marc Gasol to the Cavs?--- or say if the OKC isnt producing- adding Paul George to this team? Maybe Cousins.....who really knows what may become available? I just know if a stud becomes avaliable the Cavs could offer a better package than just about anyone out there now that Boston and Minne blew their wad on Butler and Kyrie.

PG- Isiah
SG- Smith
SF- LeBron
PF- TT
C- Love

vs.

PG- Kyrie
SG- Smart
SF- Hayward
PF- Morris
C- Horford

bench: Crowder, Rose, Green, Korver, prob D wade....

bench: Tatum, Brown, Rozier, Yabunsale, Baynes---- 2 rooks- 2 2nd year players- and Baynes....yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. thatll be really good 2-3 years from now- but right now the Cavs bench slaughters that- esp. if Wade ends up here as many predict.

The Celtics still do have the Lakers pick next draft which is a pretty valuable asset as well- not as valuable as the Brooklyn pick though.

as i said.

The Celtics dealt to the Cavs their best perimeter defender. Who on the Celtics guards LeBron?

Crowder and James switching off is a great combo to throw at opposing wings.

Isiah Thomas will be going from playing with LeBron James- while Kyrie leaves LeBron James. Anyone with any sense knows how much easier LeBron James makes the game.

Make no mistake--- id rather have Kyrie--- ESPECIALLY long term as he is only 25 and still has upside. But right now? The Cavs are still quite a bit better than the Celtics.

Celtics need to get some more 3 pt shooting, and get some decent big men---- they might have a hrad time even meeting the Cavs if their front court rotation remains Horford/Morris/Baynes--- and- as much as I think of Brown and Tatum- 20 year old kids arent major contributors on contending teams. 2-3 years from now they might be ready to be big time contributors...right now? Id LOVE to see Jayson Tatum try and D up LeBron. It would be a massacre.

Cavs still have LeBron. Still shoot the 3 a ton better and still rebound a ton better. And I think we are gonna see an ornery, motivated LeBron James. Thats a scary thought. Not only that- but Isiah just got stabbed in the back so bad--- hes gonna pissed off, in a contract year and motivated as hell.

And if means LeBron stays- of course resign Thomas....its not my money. Dan will continue writing the biggest checks in the history of the league. When you are a multi-billionaire- spending an extra 50M is like throwing a few deck chairs off the Titanic- if you really care and competitive--- which some owners are more than others.

Kyrie is still going to be one of the best scorers in the league. Hes amazing offensively. As i have said- other than Durant--- i think hes the best offensive player in the league. The whole reason he is somewhere around the 15th best player in the league is because he is maybe the hardest guy to guard in the league outside of Durant.

But you dont leave LeBron James- the best player in the league--- the games premier combination stretch big man/rebounder in Love, and 3 point shooters like Korver, Frye, Smith, and now Crowder (who shot 40% from 3 last year), without seeing that spacing shrink.

Not only that- but Thomas doesnt have to play 34 minutes a game and carry an offense like he had to do in Boston....hes never played with a scorer like LeBron...hes never played with a scorer like Love...hes never had shooting around him like Korver/JR/Frye....

he is not going to believe how much easier the game gets when instead of constantly getting double teamed- you are left on your own since LeBron has 2 guys on him and if you sag off Love or Korver or Smith or Frye or whoever- you will be made to pay a high price.

Where can I buy the CliffsNotes?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro.....when Irving was in Cleveland and they went 20-62.....he was like.....

"Irving is the youngest player to make the AS team!!!!"

"He's like the youngest to win the skills challenge!!!!"

@LAD, @Mecca, @mick7-1961, @LUNCHBOX am I lying or preaching the truth?

i saw it. he was spouting that load o' crap here too...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i saw it. he was spouting that load o' crap here too...

Amazing how far Kyrie has fallen in 24 hours in @WiggyRuss homer eyes.
Amazing how he can't fathom why Kyrie got to the point he won't talk to LeDouche.
Its the same reason(s) real Heat fans didn't care when he left.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's back writing 10000 word memoirs, but will never mention the Warriors.

#wonderwhy

He will however say "make no mistake" in every post. I generally stop reading there.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's so odd seeing Wiggy downplay Irving now. Anyone else catching this? LOL at depending on Korver for much longer too. That man's going to be 37 when the playoffs roll around, and that defense.......sheesh

Odd?
You expected anything different?
He's right that the game will be easier for I.T., back you could pencil any NBA players name there.

#askTristan

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kyrie a better "offensive player" than Westbrook? Are you high on drugs?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree with this.

IT had an offense in Boston that was tailor made for his talents.... he was the undisputed man. The C's talent wasn't as good as Cleveland's is... but everyone had a role to facilitate clear driving lanes for IT.

Meanwhile, the C's may have problems... but offense ain't one of them. If you don't believe Stevens is going to set up situation after situation for Kyrie to do what he does best... you're crazy.

I have to disagree with ya here.

Having Lebron James on your team makes your life easier no matter what your previous situation was.

IT was the focal point of the offense but that was more a byproduct of the team they had. The Celtics didn't have anyone on the team that could collapse a defense on them.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"the defense is fine"-WiggyRuss:dhd:

Yeah the Cavs offense was outstanding last year, and it will be again. But their D will continue to be very much below championship level. Meanwhile the title winning Ws have as good or better O and much better D.

The sad part is, it will likely be Cavs-Warriors IV and I'm sick of that. New meat please!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the Cavs offense was outstanding last year, and it will be again. But their D will continue to be very much below championship level. Meanwhile the title winning Ws have as good or better O and much better D.

The sad part is, it will likely be Cavs-Warriors IV and I'm sick of that. New meat please!

Maybe LeBron can petition the league to let Cavs play 6 on 5?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You mean like all those discussions from last season you had, then the Warriors trounced the Cavs and you disappeared for 2 months? Care to run any of those talks back?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think thats crazy talk.

Kyrie is definitely a better offensive player....there is nothing Kyrie cant do offensively....offensively is why he is somewhere between a top 13-20 player i nthe league

Kyrie is only 25- so he can improve defensively still- and at 25 he is def. better than Curry was at 25, and right around where RW was at 25----- but he has to up his defense if he is gonna crack the top 10 best players in the league.

It has nothing to do with skill or ability. Everything to do with decision making.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie a better "offensive player" than Westbrook? Are you high on drugs?

That is what happens when people equate "scorer" with "better offensive player".

In the game today, KD is probably the only guy I would say is a better scorer than Kyrie. There are plenty of guys who are better overall offensive players. Westbrook would be one.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna have to agree to disagree.

Harden is a slug. I wouldn't take him over 30 other guys in the NBA.

Your personal feelings on the league MVP are just that, your personal feelings. Don't expect others to agree with you. I'll admit to being a bit biased and I have seen him play a lot more but I got John Wall ahead of Kyrie too. It's close but John Wall was a man in the playoffs.