• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie to Boston rumors heating up. Deal nearly complete

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you snitch on your team-mates, you violate man code 101.....and he had a few other dumb ass incidents. But, I think he needed a change of scenery and will blossom in Brooklyn.
i cant wait to watch Russell put up 20 a night on an AWFUL Nets team......Shareef Abdul Russell. lol

it is going to be glorius

one more time Nicky G...just gotta deliver one more time.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know!!!

:)

unbelievable.

I cant wait to get this season started now.....honestly------- Iwas thinking id wake up one morming and see Irving dealt for like Bledsoe and Dragan Bender and a shitty first rounder..lol.

dont forget maybe Bosh coming offth e bench too!! ;0

And then, just like last year, come June it's all over.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree with this.

IT had an offense in Boston that was tailor made for his talents.... he was the undisputed man. The C's talent wasn't as good as Cleveland's is... but everyone had a role to facilitate clear driving lanes for IT.

Meanwhile, the C's may have problems... but offense ain't one of them. If you don't believe Stevens is going to set up situation after situation for Kyrie to do what he does best... you're crazy.
you have got to be kidding me.

The rest of the Celtics scoring was not good. Isiah was a 1 man offense at times. He was 3rd in the NBA in scoring...who were the teams next best scorers? Al Horford and Avery Bradley?

Now he is going to be playing with LeBron James--- Kyle Korver is going to be sitting in one corner...Love in the next

Isiah Thomas is going to shit himself when he sees how wide open the lane is.

Kyrie will remember that the lane isnt quite as wide open wehn you arent playing with LeBron--- and the Celtics spacing isnt anywhere near the Cavs.

Crowder was one of the C's best 3 pt shooters at almost 40% last year. Jr Smith bombs from 3. Korver. Love.....Frye...i mean- its gonna blow his mind how easy the game becomes.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus Morris is not a very good 3 pt shooter. Marcus Smart is an awful 3 pt shooter. Jaylen Brown a bad 3 pt shooter.

Hayward and Kyrie are the only 2 guys that are snipers on the whole Boston team. Olnyk could hit a 3 but he left.

The spacing just isnt gonna be the same as when you have Kevin Love drawing guys out of the middle. Kyle Korver and JR at the shooting guard spot...Channing Frye raining from triple. Even LeBron shot solid from the last year.

Cavs are still the obvious favorite over Boston. Why?

1. They have LeBron
2. They shoot the 3 better
3. They rebound better
4. Boston has no one that can even slow down LeBron after dealing Crowder. It will be a free for all.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have got to be kidding me.

The rest of the Celtics scoring was not good. Isiah was a 1 man offense at times. He was 3rd in the NBA in scoring...who were the teams next best scorers? Al Horford and Avery Bradley?

Now he is going to be playing with LeBron James--- Kyle Korver is going to be sitting in one corner...Love in the next

Isiah Thomas is going to shit himself when he sees how wide open the lane is.

Kyrie will remember that the lane isnt quite as wide open wehn you arent playing with LeBron--- and the Celtics spacing isnt anywhere near the Cavs.
You don't give the C's offense enough credit... last year or this one.

Cleveland has better top end talent, yes. But that doesn't necessarily equate to a better situation, especially for a specialized guy like IT.

For instance, Kevin Love is clearly a better player than a Kelly Olynyk. But to suit IT, all either one of them has to do is stand in a spot, keep their defender close,` and be ready to knock down shots... which both guys do about equally well. Meanwhile, Kevin Love getting the ball in the post actually detracts from IT's value... IT off the ball is not where he's at his best.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't give the C's offense enough credit... last year or this one.

Cleveland has better top end talent, yes. But that doesn't necessarily equate to a better situation, especially for a specialized guy like IT.

For instance, Kevin Love is clearly a better player than a Kelly Olynyk. But to suit IT, all either one of them has to do is stand in a spot, keep their defender close,` and be ready to knock down shots... which both guys do about equally well. Meanwhile, Kevin Love getting the ball in the post actually detracts from IT's value... IT off the ball is not where he's at his best.
Make no mistake, the Celtics' offense has struggled without Thomas all season. Boston owns an offensive rating of 113.7 with Thomas on the court this year, a number that would rank it ahead of the league-leading Golden State Warriors (112.9) if maintained. But that number plummets to 98.4 without Thomas, or two points worse than the 30th-ranked Philadelphia 76ers (100.4).

The Celtics essentially score 15.3 points more per 100 possessions this season with Thomas on the floor compared to when he's not. But those numbers are even more jarring over the past two months. Since the All-Star break, the Celtics' offense is 24.2 points better per 100 possessions when Thomas is on the court. Zoom in on the past 10 games -- two of which Thomas sat out due to a right knee bone bruise -- and the Celtics score a whopping 28.2 points more per 100 possessions when Thomas is on the floor.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics offense with Thomas was better than the Warriors. The Celtics offense without Thomas was the worst in the league.

I mean...cmon now.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was actually all for drafting Okeafor that year...

just so you know...:D

A lot of people did. Wasn't just you. But, their was nowhere near consensus as to who number 2 should be.

Neither player has lived up to their draft slot. Who knew Porzingas and Booker would be so awesome? Tough class to predict behind KAT.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make no mistake, the Celtics' offense has struggled without Thomas all season. Boston owns an offensive rating of 113.7 with Thomas on the court this year, a number that would rank it ahead of the league-leading Golden State Warriors (112.9) if maintained. But that number plummets to 98.4 without Thomas, or two points worse than the 30th-ranked Philadelphia 76ers (100.4).

The Celtics essentially score 15.3 points more per 100 possessions this season with Thomas on the floor compared to when he's not. But those numbers are even more jarring over the past two months. Since the All-Star break, the Celtics' offense is 24.2 points better per 100 possessions when Thomas is on the court. Zoom in on the past 10 games -- two of which Thomas sat out due to a right knee bone bruise -- and the Celtics score a whopping 28.2 points more per 100 possessions when Thomas is on the floor.
You make my point for me here...

... the C's had a perfect situation for IT's talents... the whole thing was built almost tailor made for him to be the man, and the offense hummed when he was on the floor.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics offense with Thomas was better than the Warriors. The Celtics offense without Thomas was the worst in the league.

I mean...cmon now.
Exactly.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make my point for me here...

... the C's had a perfect situation for IT's talents... the whole thing was built almost tailor made for him to be the man, and the offense hummed when he was on the floor.

See, I think Isaiah is a better offensive player than Kyrie.

Kyrie is the better 1 on 1 scorer. But he also forces more and stagnates the offense more while he plays with the ball.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kyrie is the better 1 on 1 scorer. But he also forces more and stagnates the offense more while he plays with the ball.
I don't necessarily disagree with you... at the very least, they're both great offensive players with their own individual strengths.

With regards to Kyrie, I think you have a fair take on him... as a Boston fan, I'm hopeful that working with Stevens will be a good experience for Kyrie... Stevens seems to know how to get the most out of players, and knows how to build a team offense.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean...cmon now.

So now regular season stats mean something?
You really think there is even a 1% chance that Gilbert will give I.T. a max unless its a contingency from James to stay?
Whats going to happen, if James knows hes leaving, will be his usual diva drag it out.
Then, I.T. will be taking outside offers and Gilbert wont have a clue what to do.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus Morris is not a very good 3 pt shooter. Marcus Smart is an awful 3 pt shooter. Jaylen Brown a bad 3 pt shooter.

Hayward and Kyrie are the only 2 guys that are snipers on the whole Boston team. Olnyk could hit a 3 but he left.

The spacing just isnt gonna be the same as when you have Kevin Love drawing guys out of the middle. Kyle Korver and JR at the shooting guard spot...Channing Frye raining from triple. Even LeBron shot solid from the last year.

Cavs are still the obvious favorite over Boston. Why?

1. They have LeBron
2. They shoot the 3 better
3. They rebound better
4. Boston has no one that can even slow down LeBron after dealing Crowder. It will be a free for all.

When James walks.......are you going to be a full time OKC fan? Asking for a friend.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's so odd seeing Wiggy downplay Irving now. Anyone else catching this? LOL at depending on Korver for much longer too. That man's going to be 37 when the playoffs roll around, and that defense.......sheesh

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now regular season stats mean something?
You really think there is even a 1% chance that Gilbert will give I.T. a max unless its a contingency from James to stay?
Whats going to happen, if James knows hes leaving, will be his usual diva drag it out.
Then, I.T. will be taking outside offers and Gilbert wont have a clue what to do.

Back to going 20-62 or 22-60.......or worse. :L

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's so odd seeing Wiggy downplay Irving now. Anyone else catching this? LOL at depending on Korver for much longer too. That man's going to be 37 when the playoffs roll around, and that defense.......sheesh

Bro.....when Irving was in Cleveland and they went 20-62.....he was like.....

"Irving is the youngest player to make the AS team!!!!"

"He's like the youngest to win the skills challenge!!!!"

@LAD, @Mecca, @mick7-1961, @LUNCHBOX am I lying or preaching the truth?

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for the record.....despite what is being rumored about LA, I am becoming increasingly worried he could go to the Knicks.....he can stay in the EC and stick it to Gilbert and the Cavs. He would make them an instant contender and could recruit like cray cray (is that the en vogue talk nowadays, haven't heard from the man-child now that he's working and shit) for the KNicks.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess wiggy didn't know Morris was a lifetime 36% shooter on 3's. Stretch 4.....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think thats crazy talk.

Kyrie is definitely a better offensive player....there is nothing Kyrie cant do offensively....offensively is why he is somewhere between a top 13-20 player i nthe league

Kyrie is only 25- so he can improve defensively still- and at 25 he is def. better than Curry was at 25, and right around where RW was at 25----- but he has to up his defense if he is gonna crack the top 10 best players in the league.