• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie to Boston rumors heating up. Deal nearly complete

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than the 5,000 reporters across national sports media who have all said it the past month, sure.

"He played with LeBron, by default, he sucks without him"

Imagine if we applied that logic to Harden when he played with Westbrook and Durant?

Yeah. Think about that.

So you are going with reporter viewpoints over real basketball analysts? Got it. Makes sense.

You realize the average reporter has no real experience in the sport right? Writing about it does not teach you the nuances to be able to adequately evaluate talent.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost none of that makes any sense to me.

You sound like a Celtics hater.

No team in the NBA has a shot at beating Golden State. So why should any team even try?

33 year old LeBron with the mileage of a 37 year old is just going to run over everyone again.

I don't think so.

The Cavs are worse than they were last year and Boston is much, much better.

That series is a coinflip right now.

You also fail to consider another very important factor.

The Celtics have overachieved tremendously over the past two years because of phenomenal chemistry and desire. They have literally dealt away the heart and soul of their team. Isaiah Thomas, while flawed, was a top 5 MVP candidate last year. Avery Bradley and Jae Crowder were extremely important too.

Are the Celtics more talented this year? Yes. But they were before this deal also because of the Tatum and Hayward acquisitions. Will they be a better team? Maybe. But this is not a 100% lock like some on here think.

Nothing about Kyrie paints him as a good leader and he might not even be a good teammate. I hope for your sake you aren't hitching your horse to the wrong wagon.

If I am right about Kyrie, you are.

Blotch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are going with reporter viewpoints over real basketball analysts? Got it. Makes sense.

You realize the average reporter has no real experience in the sport right? Writing about it does not teach you the nuances to be able to adequately evaluate talent.

Lol, yeah, you're right. Jalen Rose has no idea what he is talking about.

Whatever, bruh... you hate the Celtics. Most of the objective folk came and went before you got here.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, yeah, you're right. Jalen Rose has no idea what he is talking about.

Whatever, bruh... you hate the Celtics. Most of the objective folk came and went before you got here.

Jalen Rose isn't a reporter. He is an analyst. Big difference.

Blotch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also fail to consider another very important factor.

The Celtics have overachieved tremendously over the past two years because of phenomenal chemistry and desire. They have literally dealt away the heart and soul of their team. Isaiah Thomas, while flawed, was a top 5 MVP candidate last year. Avery Bradley and Jae Crowder were extremely important too.

Are the Celtics more talented this year? Yes. But they were before this deal also because of the Tatum and Hayward acquisitions. Will they be a better team? Maybe. But this is not a 100% lock like some on here think.

Nothing about Kyrie paints him as a good leader and he might not even be a good teammate. I hope for your sake you aren't hitching your horse to the wrong wagon.

If I am right about Kyrie, you are.

You can have the "grit and balls" team. I'll take the more talented team.

Signed, the fan of the grit and balls team that got teabagged by Irving and the more talented team last Soring.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disgraceful

Nice Boston.

Dude gave everything he had for your city and then gets traded.

And fans get pissed when players don't show loyalty. Why should they when fans act like this?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can have the "grit and balls" team. I'll take the more talented team.

Signed, the fan of the grit and balls team that got teabagged by Irving and the more talented team last Soring.

Yeah me too.

Problem is, your team just lost their grit and balls. They still have less talent than their rivals too.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice Boston.

Dude gave everything he had for your city and then gets traded.

And fans get pissed when players don't show loyalty. Why should they when fans act like this?

Dude played a day after the sudden death of his sister. Didn't request this trade and this is how they show respect to him. Embarrassing

Blotch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's literally nothing to back him up being a top 10 player. So continue being wrong, I guess.

Yes, his stats suffer because of his teammate.

See Harden, Westbrook once they left the shadow of Durant.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude played a day after the sudden death of his sister. Didn't request this trade and this is how they show respect to him. Embarrassing

Tried to play through a torn labrum in the ECF too.

Blotch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah me too.

Problem is, your team just lost their grit and balls. They still have less talent than their rivals too.

If you believe LeBron just crushes all, that's fine. I cant dispute that.

2-12 the Celtics crush Cleveland

Blotch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a Celtic hater at all.

In fact, I was a supporter of every one of Ainge's moves until last night. They were stockpiling assets and had the best chance of any team in the NBA to eventually catch up to GS. But, they are a near perfect team and you can't make a mistake like this if you want to get on their level.

I am an objective poster who calls it like I see it. You are clearly drinking the cool aid.

Lol, yeah...

If you think Irving sucks, it is what it is.

I disagree.

Blotch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
coin flip?

cmon now.

The Cavs dealt Kyrie- not LeBron.

I dont have to explain to you what Irving is.

These other guys, maybe.

But Irving left Cleveland and joined Boston.

On top of that Hayward fella and those Tatum and Brown dudes?

You know

Blotch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the evidence is pretty clear. Without Lebron on the the Cavs were bad. They were terrible without Irving as well but they are were a non-playoff team bad with Kyrie on the court and Lebron off.

I wouldn't say he sucks without Lebron but Lebron certainly made him a better player.
Ok. And?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, his stats suffer because of his teammate.

See Harden, Westbrook once they left the shadow of Durant.

Westbrook made 1st or 2nd team all NBA 5 times playing with Durant. James Harden has made 3 all NBA first teams, Irving could only muster one third team all NBA, like I said you have nothing to base him being a top 10 player, other than your homer opinion.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, yeah...

If you think Irving sucks, it is what it is.

I disagree.

I don't think he sucks. He makes a great Robin. The Celtics paid a Batman like price though.

Had they put a top 3 protection on the pick, I wouldn't have loved it, but it would have been fine.

There is a reason the Knicks were not going to trade Porzingas and the Suns were not going to trade Jackson. The Celtics weren't bidding against anybody who was anywhere near Cleveland's asking price. They caved way too soon.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see the upside for cleve...well outside of the potential draft picks. I mean Crowder is decent, but Thomas is short, ball dominant, and you gotta pay him next year.
As for Boston, I dont know, Kyrie is a upgrade, but he pretty much does what Isaiah does
But, but Kyrie was unhappy in Cleveland. That is the telling story.

Blotch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he sucks. He makes a great Robin. The Celtics paid a Batman like price though.

Had they put a top 3 protection on the pick, I wouldn't have loved it, but it would have been fine.

There is a reason the Knicks were not going to trade Porzingas and the Suns were not going to trade Jackson. The Celtics weren't bidding against anybody who was anywhere near Cleveland's asking price. They caved way too soon.

The Lakers just traded the #2 pick in 2015 for Brook Lopez.

A pick that may or may not even be top 5 is a Batman like price now?

C'mon man...