• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie to Boston rumors heating up. Deal nearly complete

Blotch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell if given a clean slate I would easily add Boogie to this list. He's actually one of my top 10 players I would choose to build a championship contender with.

:drum:

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happens like that in every sport, though.

Mike Trout, Sidney Crosby and Tom Brady are their league MVPs every year. But voters get bored and vote for guys like Matt Ryan or Jose Altuve or Conor McDavid even though Brady, Crosby and Trout are the head and shoulders of their leagues.

That happens.

Totally agree

Not so much on Brady cause Rodgers, and Ryan last season could actually have the better season

But totally agree on the overall point

Blotch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.... Harden and Wall

Blotch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree

Not so much on Brady cause Rodgers, and Ryan last season could actually have the better season

But totally agree on the overall point

Come playoff time, Tom Brady shows the league who the real MVP is.

Just like LeBron does.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get your opinion.

Personally, I am a basketball nut and I enjoy watching greatness. Once my Wizards are out, I root for the best matchups possible. Watching the Warriors steam roll everybody is actually somewhat enjoyable to me because I respect the hell out of the way they play.

Now, if Cleveland or Boston or somebody else can close the gap and make it competitive? Awesome. It is going to take a lot though. This trade made Cleveland closer and pushed Boston further away, IMO. They simply did not get enough return for a premium asset.

And after I got past my opinion I found myself admiring what the Warriors were doing as well. But I also admire when a golf pro makes trick shots. But I don't pretend either is an actual sport, they are both exhibitions to me.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden and Wall? Harden and Wall?

Antetekoumpo? Really? KAT? Embiid? Porzingas? Can you get back to me when they play their first playoff games?

Harden and Wall, LOL.

Giannis was in the playoffs this year. I'm pretty sure I said that KAT, Embiid, and Porzingas COULD be depending on how they played this year.

Hilarious that you dismiss Harden. 1st team All-NBA for the last 3 years. MVP finalist.

John Wall didn't have the luxury of playing with Lebron James.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only real difference here is that the Warriors are just that much better than everyone else. In the 2000s 2 teams won 8 of the championships. The 90s were the same. 80s the same.

The Warriors aren't going to stay together forever. But until they break up they are going to win a lot of championships.

But as I said you never really knew who would win between Boston and LA so there was that angle. There was at least some mystery. With Jordan's Bulls there was little, today there is virtually none.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To say nothing of the fact that any objective person would tell you that Kyrie Irving was the real Finals MVP two years ago.

This must be a joke.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is true, thats rough timing for Jae. And savage from Ainge.

Blotch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden without question. Wall is a bit more debatable to me.

Why? You don't think Kyrie Irving could stuff the brakes off the statsheet playing D'antoni ball?

James Harden is a clown.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blotch ran to the refreshment stand drank an entire gallon of Kyrie Kool-Aid the moment it became available.
I had never seen him before. I thought his name was Biotch all morning.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok?

Are Kyrie, Hayward, Tatum and Morris?

No. Not even close. They get swept by Golden State if they somehow make it past Cleveland.

Long term, you have hitched your wagon to either Tatum or Brown becoming a superstar. Might happen, but I think Bagley and Porter are both more likely to get there. Combining the Laker and Net picks would have given the Celtics a really good chance to get 1 or 2. Now? They need to hit exactly 2 and they have 1 bullet to get there.

Blotch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giannis was in the playoffs this year. I'm pretty sure I said that KAT, Embiid, and Porzingas COULD be depending on how they played this year.

Hilarious that you dismiss Harden. 1st team All-NBA for the last 3 years. MVP finalist.

John Wall didn't have the luxury of playing with Lebron James.

Take a guess how many all-nba 1st teams Harden was making in the shadow of superstars?

Just as many as Irving.

I don't know what to tell you here. I hate James Harden. Such a fraud player. Did you see the way that choad mailed in that elimination playoff game?

He plays worse defense than Isaiah Thomas.

I hate Harden. Hate him.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? You don't think Kyrie Irving could stuff the brakes off the statsheet playing D'antoni ball?

James Harden is a clown.

Not even remotely. James Harden is a much superior facilitator and much more willing. Even before D'Antoni he had a high assist rate as a pure shooting guard. Kyrie is much in the same mold that he's really more of a 2 than a 1. Kyrie in a D'Antoni system would flourish scoring wise, but he wouldn't make as much of an overall impact as Harden does.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly? Here's the guys that are "clearly" better than Irving.

James, Durant, Curry, Davis, Westbrook, Leonard

There is the size of your "clearly" list.

LOL.

Clearly you don't post here much. The list is a lot longer than that unless all you care about is scoring. There is a lot more to basketball.

Blotch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even remotely. James Harden is a much superior facilitator and much more willing. Even before D'Antoni he had a high assist rate as a pure shooting guard. Kyrie is much in the same mold that he's really more of a 2 than a 1. Kyrie in a D'Antoni system would flourish scoring wise, but he wouldn't make as much of an overall impact as Harden does.

Gonna have to agree to disagree.

Harden is a slug. I wouldn't take him over 30 other guys in the NBA.