• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie to Boston rumors heating up. Deal nearly complete

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he does get hurt, it'd be the first time in his career. Predicting him to get hurt seems foolish.

actually there have been reports of him having ongoing back and knee issues, but they're minor from what i understand . mostly i'd say from from the bumps and bruises of the game and the mileage he's put on his body...

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say you couldn't win with him.

He isn't a franchise superstar. Cleveland was like 4-25 in games where Kyrie played and LeBron didn't. He is a nice piece, but he isn't carrying a team. He is a ball dominant scorer who doesn't make teammates better as doesn't defend.

I don't know if Bagley or Porter will be franchise players or not. But I know Kyrie isn't.

Also a fair point.........Lets not forget how horrific Cleveland played in the Finals when Lebron left the floor, even for a 4 minute rest

A 13-0 Golden State run later

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually there have been reports of him having ongoing back and knee issues, but they're minor from what i understand . mostly i'd say from from the bumps and bruises of the game and the mileage he's put on his body...

I was more so speaking in terms of him having a serious injury where he would miss a third or half the season or more. It's actually pretty amazing he's been this healthy his entire career.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes not - but hes not too far off.

somewhere between about 13-20 in my book.

I agree.

My point is that #1 isn't carrying a team to a title in the superteam era. 6-10 has almost no chance. Outside of top 10?

You better have a starting lineup full of players just as good as you.

If Tatum or Brown eventually emerge into legit top 5 players, Boston will Be fine. That will take time if it happens, and Kyrie might be gone by then.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, my definition of contender is a team that has a chance to win a championship. The Celtics will go far, no doubt. But Kyrie isn't the piece to get them past the teams they were chasing.

So in other words there is 1 team that is a legit contender and another who has an outside chance. Actually that's about right which is why I have a problem with the NBA.

Blotch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston isn't really a contender.

They have about a 6% chance of beating Cleveland and 0% to beat the Warriors.

Yeah they were one Epic Kyrie Irving performance away from pushing the Warriors to six games last year without Isaiah Thomas while the Warriors are the healthy Kyrie Irving. Your logic adds up.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't a franchise superstar. Cleveland was like 4-25 in games where Kyrie played and LeBron didn't. He is a nice piece, but he isn't carrying a team. He is a ball dominant scorer who doesn't make teammates better as doesn't defend.

He's a ball dominant scorer with average court vision and poor defensive skills.

He could improve his court vision but his defense is never going to be great.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in other words there is 1 team that is a legit contender and another who has an outside chance. Actually that's about right which is why I have a problem with the NBA.

Maybe 2, but yeah.

and I get that, but this Warrior team is once in a generation great. The NBA never has parity, but this is also an extreme case.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty much how the NBA has always been.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they were one Epic Kyrie Irving performance away from pushing the Warriors to six games last year without Isaiah Thomas while the Warriors are the healthy Kyrie Irving. Your logic adds up.

I read this 4 times and I still don't have a clue what you are trying to say.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe 2, but yeah.

and I get that, but this Warrior team is once in a generation great. The NBA never has parity, but this is also an extreme case.
I voiced my opinion about how the NBA is like pro-wrestling, the outcome was determined last summer. The Warriors are the Globetrotters and the rest of the league the Washington Generals. I was shot down here by obvious hard core fans and the ratings show that they were right and I was wrong.

But sorry, I will never buy in. The greatest thing about sports is it's not scripted, you really don't know what is going to happen and it's fascinating to find out. But the NBA is not a sport, it's an exhibition.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really?

The Celtics almost pushed the Warriors to 6 games?

Are you sure about that?

Cleveland played like crap in those two Boston games. They looked like the regular season indifferent Cleveland.

Blotch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well--- they are so invested in trying to win after the Cousins trade they couldnt do it now

what i was thinking about was waiting until the deadline to see if the Pels are in it--- if the yare-- no go--

if they are playing like shit- and Cousins is on the table possiblity getting dealt--- at that point they would have to consider moving Davis.

An offer of Tatum, Lakers pick, Brooklyn pick, Crowder and Zizic would be monstrous and maybe enough to pry away a stud like Davis.

Isiah/Davis/Horford/Hayward/Smart/Brown/Yabusale/Rozier would be pretty intimidating.

Yes. Having Anthony Davis would be formidable. While we're dream shopping I would also like to see the Red Sox trade for Mike Trout and Clayton Kershaw. I would like to see the Bruins acquire Connor McDavid and Sidney Crosby. And if Bill Belichick has time in his schedule if he could go ahead and go out and trade for Julio Jones I would be pleased with that as well.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much how the NBA has always been.

With Jordan yes, and 30 years before with the old Celtics. But even in the 80's we didn't know if it was going to be Boston or the Lakers and those finals were tremendous drama. The Spurs had an amazing run but they had big gaps between titles.

Blotch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Kyrie was out for the Finals 2 years ago it went 6

if LeBron was out and Kyrie was playing- how many games do you think the Cavs win vs. the Warriors?

or do you think they would have even bothered showing up?

I love Kyrie- but cmon man.

So because LeBron is the better player overall Kyrie couldn't have been the better player in that series?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voiced my opinion about how the NBA is like pro-wrestling, the outcome was determined last summer. The Warriors are the Globetrotters and the rest of the league the Washington Generals. I was shot down here by obvious hard core fans and the ratings who that they were right and I was wrong.

But sorry, I will never buy in. The greatest thing about sports is it's not scripted, you really don't know what is going to happen and it's fascinating to find out. But the NBA is not a sport, it's an exhibition.

I get your opinion.

Personally, I am a basketball nut and I enjoy watching greatness. Once my Wizards are out, I root for the best matchups possible. Watching the Warriors steam roll everybody is actually somewhat enjoyable to me because I respect the hell out of the way they play.

Now, if Cleveland or Boston or somebody else can close the gap and make it competitive? Awesome. It is going to take a lot though. This trade made Cleveland closer and pushed Boston further away, IMO. They simply did not get enough return for a premium asset.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So because LeBron is the better player overall Kyrie couldn't have been the better player in that series?

Lebron averaged more ppg, apg, rpg, spg, bpg, and shot better from the field.