• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie to Boston rumors heating up. Deal nearly complete

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are in the business of winning championships, Kyrie Irving is not your best player.

You know who might be that guy? Bagley and Porter.

Boston crippled their chances of landing one of them.
Kyrie hater indeed. This is a silly post.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well--- they are so invested in trying to win after the Cousins trade they couldnt do it now

what i was thinking about was waiting until the deadline to see if the Pels are in it--- if the yare-- no go--

if they are playing like shit- and Cousins is on the table possiblity getting dealt--- at that point they would have to consider moving Davis.

An offer of Tatum, Lakers pick, Brooklyn pick, Crowder and Zizic would be monstrous and maybe enough to pry away a stud like Davis.

Isiah/Davis/Horford/Hayward/Smart/Brown/Yabusale/Rozier would be pretty intimidating.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly- if i was Boston i would have probably waited a little longer to see if AD became avaliable.

If I was Ainge I would have given the Pelicans an offer they couldnt refuse---- Tatum, Brooklyn pick Crowder, Zizic, Lakers pick.

Ainge was at a crossroads last offseason with the direction of the team. They overachieved in 2015-16, so thinking they were a piece away they go out and get an aging Horford. That was never going to be a piece to put them over Lebron. Now they have a completely different team, Horford isn't getting better, Hayward's probably peaked and does adding Kyrie offset losing IT, Bradley, and Crowder(and a potential top 3 pick next year).

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To say nothing of the fact that any objective person would tell you that Kyrie Irving was the real Finals MVP two years ago.
When Kyrie was out for the Finals 2 years ago it went 6

if LeBron was out and Kyrie was playing- how many games do you think the Cavs win vs. the Warriors?

or do you think they would have even bothered showing up?

I love Kyrie- but cmon man.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston isn't really a contender.

They have about a 6% chance of beating Cleveland and 0% to beat the Warriors.

They were in the final four last year and are better now. By most definitions that's a contender.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie hater indeed. This is a silly post.

Get back to me in a couple years. We will see how you feel about it.

Is Kyrie a top 10 player? Clearly no.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stevens is a great coach though.

The defense and the front court needs work though

hard to give up guys like Crowder and Bradley and not expect the defense to take a down turn. Smart is a very good defender but hes a pretty big offensive liability--- though he can get hot- like that one game against the Cavs he was actually scorching.

Thats the big issue right now.....Irving and Hayward are gonna make Boston a real threat to be a great offensive team...But lebron will literally run over Gordon Hayward trying to defend him in the ECF

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were in the final four last year and are better now. By most definitions that's a contender.

Isnt that more of a reflection of how horrific the East is?

Once they ran into the one team worth a shit in the East, they got absolutely obliterated

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Kyrie was out for the Finals 2 years ago it went 6

if LeBron was out and Kyrie was playing- how many games do you think the Cavs win vs. the Warriors?

or do you think they would have even bothered showing up?

I love Kyrie- but cmon man.

Not to pile on here, but if I recall, weren't you ragging on Steph for not even being able to be the Finals MVP over Andre Iguodala? Or was that someone else? Same principle apply here?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, Irving gets a raw deal here.

26PPG as LeBrons wingman, shot 49% from the field and 41% from 3PT.

He also ripped the Celtics to pieces in the ECF where Isaiah turtled.

Except none of those stats are correct. Also, check out his %'s when he isn't playing with Lebron.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, my definition of contender is a team that has a chance to win a championship. The Celtics will go far, no doubt. But Kyrie isn't the piece to get them past the teams they were chasing.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are acting like LeCramp is an immortal highlander. He's aging, and going into uncharted territory, he very well could get hurt. :crutch:

If he does get hurt, it'd be the first time in his career. Predicting him to get hurt seems foolish.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to pile on here, but if I recall, weren't you ragging on Steph for not even being able to be the Finals MVP over Andre Iguodala? Or was that someone else? Same principle apply here?
i thought it was insanity iggy got the MVP

he was one of 3 guys triple teaming lebron because lebrons best offensive side kicks were Jr SMith and Mozgov and Delly for shits sake.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To say nothing of the fact that any objective person would tell you that Kyrie Irving was the real Finals MVP two years ago.

Dont fall victim to the ole' "Whoever plays good besides Lebron must be the MVP"

Kyrie hit huge shots in that series, but Lebron putting up triple dimes every single night is the biggest reason they won that finals......

Its sorta like Lebron can be the NBA MVP every single season, but voters always look for the new guy thats playing great

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isnt that more of a reflection of how horrific the East is?

Once they ran into the one team worth a shit in the East, they got absolutely obliterated

Hey I'm not calling them the 1964 Celtics. Just pointing out a team that was the #1 seed and in the semi-finals, added the 3rd pick in the draft along with Haywood and an upgrade in Irvin has to be considered a contender.
At the very least they win 50+ games. I wish Kyrie ended up in a place where he wins 23.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a hard time seeing how the Celtics are going to be better this year?

I'm pretty sure that was what I was going to say. Although I really meant to say demonstrably better which boils down to better enough to beat the Cavs.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lolol

Irving was the #1 pick 6 years ago. You can't win the title with him? But you can win a title with a guy who hasn't even played a college game yet? Good Lord.

I didn't say you couldn't win with him.

He isn't a franchise superstar. Cleveland was like 4-25 in games where Kyrie played and LeBron didn't. He is a nice piece, but he isn't carrying a team. He is a ball dominant scorer who doesn't make teammates better as doesn't defend.

I don't know if Bagley or Porter will be franchise players or not. But I know Kyrie isn't.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I'm not calling them the 1964 Celtics. Just pointing out a team that was the #1 seed and in the semi-finals, added the 3rd pick in the draft along with Haywood and an upgrade in Irvin has to be considered a contender.
At the very least they win 50+ games. I wish Kyrie ended up in a place where he wins 23.

I agree, I think I see them as more of a threat as some others do here......Lebron being older, and possibly having to carry more of a burden this season is not a great thing...

I think what the C's did is absolutely crushed the field in the East...Fringe contendors like Washington/Toronto, etc, Boston is now significantly better than those teams

And I agree with the Irving part, there has to be at least small concern that a guy that alienates teammates in a damn NBA Finals, just may be more interested in being the "MAN" than actually winning