• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyle Lowry is the MVP at the quarter point

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hardens shooting percentage is always meh

Folks on message boards would rip Kobe for shooting 45+% yet want to hand an MVP award to a guy shooting 42+%. Seems a bit hypocritical but I guess Kobe has always been held to the highest standard (Jordan).

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Butler is going to keep climbing right now. His value is incredible to that team.

Last night forget the eventual game winner. He played 44/48 minutes. He was +13. That means that in the 4 minutes that he didn't play....the Bulls were outscored by 11. Wow.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one in the East should win MVP.

Curry/Harden/Davis have been the best three players in the NBA this year and it's not even close. Not at all.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Folks on message boards would rip Kobe for shooting 45+% yet want to hand an MVP award to a guy shooting 42+%. Seems a bit hypocritical but I guess Kobe has always been held to the highest standard (Jordan).

Not to mention that MVP's play both ends of the floor, Harden doesn't.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention that MVP's play both ends of the floor, Harden doesn't.

I actually did hear on Bill Simmons show a week or two ago where him and Jalen were talking about Harden's D being improved and metrics rating him as one of the best.

I ain't buyin that shit. But those two were talking about it lol.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Curry/Harden/Davis have been the best three players in the NBA this year and it's not even close. Not at all.

U are sick in the head. What Butler brings to the Bulls is way more then what Harden or Curry brings. Non play defense. Davis is almost there and Im ok with that pick but his team sucks so he is out. Curry is good but overall game Butler is #1 right now. With out him Bulls would be in BIG trouble.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler would be my first choice outside of those three actually. I love what he brings to the table, but those other guys have been stars for years... Butler likely wins MIP of the year this year & if he continues to get better he'll likely be an MVP candidate for years to come.

I just can't see him beating out those other three guys out with how MVP voting works. All the voters care about sadly is #'s and Butler's don't compete with any of those guys.

PS- Davis's team doesn't suck. They are just stuck in the West. They would be one of the better teams in the East. Anderson, Holiday, Evans and Asik are a pretty solid core of players to put around one of the best in the game.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U are sick in the head. What Butler brings to the Bulls is way more then what Harden or Curry brings. Non play defense. Davis is almost there and Im ok with that pick but his team sucks so he is out. Curry is good but overall game Butler is #1 right now. With out him Bulls would be in BIG trouble.

Curry doesn't play defense? Lol he's really good at defense right now. If you actually watched. He's guarding the best guards too.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Raptors have the BEST winning percentage vs the West

They also have the best record in the NBA in the 2014 calendar year

Saying its not close is ignorant

Lowry has not missed a beat without Derozan

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry doesn't play defense? Lol he's really good at defense right now. If you actually watched. He's guarding the best guards too.

No dude. Butler is the only player in the NBA that plays defense. This guy said so. :rollseyes:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Raptors warriors finals!

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just took a quick look at their schedule and who they beat in the West and it's not that impressive. Denver, Utah twice, OKC when they were without KD and Westbrook, PHX without Dragic, Kings without Cousins, etc. They also lost to the Lakers. It's such a small sample size.

Their only impressive wins were against MEM and LAC. Their next 3 games are on the road against POR, GS & PHX... if they can get 2/3 in that stretch then that would be very impressive.

Not trying to take away what they've done, because I like the team they have, but their record is definitely inflated due to playing in the East. If you can't admit that then YOU BLIND.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler will win most improved.

We all know MVP is reserved for the best player on one of the top Teams, which Butler is.

But, his body of work is to limited to get more votes than Staph or Harden.

He and Davis are worthy. But, its not their turn.....yet.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just took a quick look at their schedule and who they beat in the West and it's not that impressive. Denver, Utah twice, OKC when they were without KD and Westbrook, PHX without Dragic, Kings without Cousins, etc. They also lost to the Lakers. It's such a small sample size.

Their only impressive wins were against MEM and LAC. Their next 3 games are on the road against POR, GS & PHX... if they can get 2/3 in that stretch then that would be very impressive.

Not trying to take away what they've done, because I like the team they have, but their record is definitely inflated due to playing in the East. If you can't admit that then YOU BLIND.

Funny how you mention the players the other teams have been missing but don't mention the Raptors have won without derozan

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how you mention the players the other teams have been missing but don't mention the Raptors have won without derozan

Not when they beat OKC, UTH or MEM. But other than that very true... DeRozan is a key piece for them. Ross has filled in well, but they aren't the same without him.

I'm just saying, playing the Grizzlies, Spurs, Mavs, Rockets, Blazers, Clippers, Warriors, Suns, Thunder, Pelicans, etc. 3-4 times a year is much, much more challenging than getting the Wizards, Bulls, Hawks, etc, etc...

And even the "bottom feeders" in the West are pretty decent. Do you really think Toronto would win as many games in the East as they would if they were in the West?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler will win most improved.

We all know MVP is reserved for the best player on one of the top Teams, which Butler is.

But, his body of work is to limited to get more votes than Staph or Harden.

He and Davis are worthy. But, its not their turn.....yet.

Agreed with this.

By definition of the word "valuable" Butler is insanely valuable as the numbers with him on the court and off show added with his lock down D.

But there is a lot more to the award. Curry and Harden have had a few years of some crazy numbers, there teams are also winning a lot of games and they have the pure stats to back it up.