• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe just retired lol

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are giving that idiot Kupchiak more credit than he deserves. Lakers aren't making their money back on the Kobe's contract. They resigned Kobe when he wasn't even healthy to a contract that no one else in the league could have or would have offered. It completely reminded me of the NY Yankee style of signings (take what a guy is worth and then double it! And if they don't accept right away, hike up the offer and bid against yourself!).

And I'm not now or have I ever trolled the Laker's. I have simply state the TRUTH about Kobe. I understand Laker fans overestimating Kobe a little bit coming into this year (hard to be a true fan and not love a guy to the point of blindness that has given so much to your team). But to think he was going to be anything other than a shell of his former self coming into this season was expecting way too much.

I have been a HUGE fan of Kobe's game over his career. I have even said that I would rather have him on my team taking the final shot over guys like Lebron and right up there with MJ.

No, you are spouting off on a topic you know nothing about because you hate Kobe and the Lakers.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad to see a basketball great leave the game, but I can't say I didn't see it coming. Surely everyone else did too, obviously.

Lakers fans are sad, and understandably so. I'm sure I'll be pretty sad when Duncan retires at the age of 60.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad to see a basketball great leave the game, but I can't say I didn't see it coming. Surely everyone else did too, obviously.

Lakers fans are sad, and understandably so. I'm sure I'll be pretty sad when Duncan retires at the age of 60.

Didn't he just grab 18 boards?

yeah, 60 sounds about right...lol

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on how you view their situation.

I personally don't see Free Agency playing out any differently for the Lakers, the last 2 Summers, with or without Kobe.

Dude's want to step into a ready made situation and they want to win immediately.

Do you think Bron, Melo, Aldridge, Gasol would have signed without Kobe on the roster?

I doubt it.

The best they could have hoped for is keeping Howard and with his injuries, I'm sure we all agree they dodged a bullet by him leaving.

The Lakers are in a tough position. Yes, their priority should be to developing the youngsters.

But, they also have an obligation to their business partners, like Time Warner.

They give the Lakers 150m reasons to keep the ghost of Kobe Bryant around because his farewell tour will be great for ratings.

Nobody was gonna tune in just to see Hibbert shag rebounds for Clarkson and Russell.

We might all look back on this with a different perspective depending on what happens this summer.

If they keep the pick and take Ben Simmons, it will have all been worth it.

Boom! game...set...match...!

VERY nicely done, Mecca...:clap:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know there are blind haters when they say Kobe should've retired 1-2 years ago. $50 million to play for 2 seasons? Yeah, I'll gladly sign up for that deal.

you and me BOTH. with a grin on my grill and pulling splinters outta my backside from riding the pine. 50 mil woulda been VERY worth that...:lol:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best player I've seen from start of their career to the finish.

I thought the Lakers were crazy when they traded Eddie Jones. Kobe will go down as one of the all-time greats to ever play the game.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you and me BOTH. with a grin on my grill and pulling splinters outta my backside from riding the pine. 50 mil woulda been VERY worth that...:lol:
Some got mad at me two years ago when I suggested Kobe was done and was coming back only for that 50 million dollars. To be fair, he could have easily been in denial and thought he could come back, but I thought the odds were against him. No player at that age has ever been the same with those kind of injuries and it was a no brainer to take the money and talk big when they offered him that. What the hell - I would have said yes to 10 million a year. What planet do these guys live on any way:lol:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

Again, you have to have a foundation.

Despite Gilbert agreeing to be bent over and ran up in w/out lube, the fact remains that Lebron would not have returned to the Cavs had they not had Kyrie playing at a high level, Tristan willing to play garbage man * while making Wall Street money* and the assets to lure a third Star in Kevin Love * Wiggins*.

This is not a perfect comparison because coming home was a factor.

But, you get the point.

I do and the overall point is correct. If not for what you mentioned, Lebron is still in Miami. The fact that it was a "homecoming" was never anything more than a nice story to make it a little more palatable since he was once again creating a stacked team to jump to.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are giving that idiot Kupchiak more credit than he deserves. Lakers aren't making their money back on the Kobe's contract. They resigned Kobe when he wasn't even healthy to a contract that no one else in the league could have or would have offered.

You clearly have no idea about the business side of the sport if you think having Kobe on the roster doesn't make the Lakers a shitload of money.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Lakers were crazy when they traded Eddie Jones.

Me too. I loved me some Eddie Jones. So the Lakers trading him to acquire some 17 year old high school punk that I had never heard of, pissed me off (although signing Shaq a short while later helped). Especially since, at the time, there had been no guards who made the jump from high school to the NBA. The only thing that made me even consider that it was anything but a colossal fuck up was that Jerry West was so high on the kid.

SpartyNash13

Spartan Dawg
Hoopla Cash
$ 963.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
\

What the fuck do the Suns have to do with this. Just stop. You're embarrassing yourself.

Sad when a "true fan" of one of the best franchises in the league obsess over a team with a whopping 0 titles, that's pretty odd and really pathetic. You probably didnt see Celtics fans obsessing over the Nets after Bird retired.

SpartyNash13

Spartan Dawg
Hoopla Cash
$ 963.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely hated Kobe but he was a great player in his prime, scared me every time he shot when he was hot. A top 3 SG all time.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad when a "true fan" of one of the best franchises in the league obsess over a team with a whopping 0 titles, that's pretty odd and really pathetic. You probably didnt see Celtics fans obsessing over the Nets after Bird retired.

Yeah, I don't get it. I know there's a little bit of a rivalry between the Lakers and Suns, but I never felt it was based on any kind of hate. Maybe my point of view is skewed because I am the only Lakers fan in a family of Suns fans, so the smack talk has always been in good fun.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely hated Kobe but he was a great player in his prime, scared me every time he shot when he was hot. A top 3 SG all time.

:lol: I felt the same way about Nash with the Suns. Hated how he would just torch the Lakers, but at the same time, I loved watching him play. That's why I was so excited and felt so bad for him when he came to the Lakers and his body decided that was the right time to completely fall apart.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great player but if you're going to retire then just retire. Now we got the lame wicker chair tour crap like when Dr. J and Kareem retired. But that's the NBA I guess.
That is really lame.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it. If he was playing like he was 2 years ago before the injury I would agree. I think the injuries took a toll on him.

I just think it'll be one of those things where an extended period of rest for his legs will give him some confidence to come back once he's rested up. He's one of the most competitive people out there, if he feels rejuvenated in any way I think we'll see him back out there.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great player but if you're going to retire then just retire. Now we got the lame wicker chair tour crap like when Dr. J and Kareem retired. But that's the NBA I guess.

Not just the NBA. Look at the MLB when Derek Jeter retired. That was annoying as hell.