• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe just retired lol

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, you are spot on.

I'm not disputing that.

My only point was that he is still bringing in a ton of money.

Watching him brick all those 3's last night was like watching one of those saw movies.

Disgustingly ridiculous. But, I couldn't turn away from the carnage.

Yes it's the balance an organization must have. Rebuild, but still fill up the seats. Would Staples sell out without Kobe? I would say yes, but that's my guess. Laker fans are like Yankee or Cardinal fans. Pretty loyal no matter what.

Soon enough the Lakers will move on - I just hope Kobe tries to help/teach the younger guys about winning in the NBA. It's good to see the older guys pass on things to the younger players.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it's the balance an organization must have. Rebuild, but still fill up the seats. Would Staples sell out without Kobe? I would say yes, but that's my guess. Laker fans are like Yankee or Cardinal fans. Pretty loyal no matter what.

Soon enough the Lakers will move on - I just hope Kobe tries to help/teach the younger guys about winning in the NBA. It's good to see the older guys pass on things to the younger players.

Yeah, there's also trying to get that balance of developing the youngsters while also honoring Kobe and making sure the fans (especially on the road) get to see plenty of him in his final season.

Hopefully, the announcement takes some of the pressure off of everyone and they can just play without worrying about whether or not he's coming back, minutes, etc.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there's also trying to get that balance of developing the youngsters while also honoring Kobe and making sure the fans (especially on the road) get to see plenty of him in his final season.

Hopefully, the announcement takes some of the pressure off of everyone and they can just play without worrying about whether or not he's coming back, minutes, etc.

And I totally get that, I was pretty honked off how the Cardinals let Pujols go and didn't honor the guy at all, so that's class.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I have season tickets to the Mavs - 11 rows off court actually. Dirk has went from being able to at least guard a big man, to mine as well be in a wheelchair. He can barely move.
What big men has he been able to guard in the past?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What big men has he been able to guard in the past?

You know... the tall, slow, most-uncoordinated guy on the court at the time.

Now?? It's the slowest guy on the court that should retire as well.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know... the tall, slow, most-uncoordinated guy on the court at the time.

Now?? It's the slowest guy on the court that should retire as well.
Interesting that you provide a description of a "type" of player rather than the player's actual name that he's successfully guarded in the past. As I mentioned before, he's always been their liability on defense.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that you provide a description of a "type" of player rather than the player's actual name that he's successfully guarded in the past. As I mentioned before, he's always been their liability on defense.

:L

I agree for the 25th time. But now he's basically Dirk in a wheelchair and can barely move. In the past he at least could move half ass and keep a big man at bay.

If you need names, look up who he guarded.. It's all on the internet

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree for the 25th time. But now he's basically Dirk in a wheelchair and can barely move. In the past he at least could move half ass and keep a big man at bay.

No need to look anything up. I already watched the games as I'm sure others did as well...which is why I asked you which players you were referring to. I already knew you were just talking out the side of your neck on that one. :clap:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At least he didn't take 25 million a year and settled for less money