• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe just retired lol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta feeling that the Washington Generals will win it all this year. And you can trust me, I'm a shitty gambler!

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the worst knicks moves to me- were when they had that big trade with Houston to clear cap space - that they never used. and gave up a ton of assets....that was the high tide mark of their incompetence in my opinion.

They've been completely incompetent since they traded Ewing for Rice and then Rice for other big contracts rather than just ride out Patrick's last year. And when that wasn't bad enough Isaiah came in and put us in hell for a decade.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta feeling that the Washington Generals will win it all this year. And you can trust me, I'm a shitty gambler!

They're certainly due! I'm taking them in a teaser tonight with the 76ers

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...good teaser...

Would you deal Melo if you got a boatload of picks/young players back? Or do you figure you HAVE to hang onto a superstar if you are lucky enough to have one? I gotta think Melo is still a top 20 guy.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...good teaser...

Would you deal Melo if you got a boatload of picks/young players back? Or do you figure you HAVE to hang onto a superstar if you are lucky enough to have one? I gotta think Melo is still a top 20 guy.

I would give Melo away for the cap space. I don't like the contract and he can't hit a shot in the 4th quarter. I also find his brand of basketball tough to watch

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The 76ers could turn out to be the only reason the best CBB hoopers stay in school for more than 1 year.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would give Melo away for the cap space.

I'd give Melo away for free popcorn. If the Celtics traded for Mr. Pop-a-Shot I'd become a 76ers fan overnight.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you honestly believe that Kobe had good reason to believe he could play at a high level this year.. Let's just say I'm a laughing.
:L that's beyond stupid

Good grief man. Go grab a drink. The guy can't move anywhere close to what he used to. Same as Dirk. Same as KG.
EXACTLY.

an achilees injury is death to NBA players- ESPECIALLY one's over 30....throw in a torn labrum- and a ton of miles since he started in the league in his teens- and CONSISTENTLY had years where he played like 40 minutes a night.-

I thought he could come back and be useful- and distribute a little bit - be a kind of mentor- but its just not in him. Its not his mentality.

IF anyone thought he was gonna get 20 a night and shoot 45% from the field they were joking themselves. I kinda figured he got like 40-42% from the field- 30% from the field and 20% from 3 is just AWFUL...it makes Ricky Rubio look like Mark Price.

He is contributing at well-below what an average player contributes at this point. He has really been one of the worst in the entire league. Its sad to see an all-time great go out this way. It would be so much more fun and so much cooler if he dropped his ego- and started passing and distributing and building these young guys' confidence....but i just dont see it happening. Right now it looks like all he is trying todo is add as many points as possible to his career total- and f the team or its record or the young guys' development. The Lakers have given you everything man- that K, everything---swallow the pride and help them out these next few months and spin this into a positive story.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind that Timmy never felt like he had to chase other (HOF) good players off the team just so he could be the Alpha dog.

Often players make their own circumstances ... they don't just happen to them.
Timmy did have a person in David Robinson that nurtured him, as opposed to the way Shaq treated Kobe in his younger years. Edit- Not that I'm excusing Kobe for the things he would say, but just saying that Shaq didn't exactly welcome him with open arms

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what it boils down to is you are trying to convince us that a guy with a MILLION miles on his odometer- with Achilles surgery (perhaps the most devastating basketball injury you can get), and major should surgery- could come back in his mid thirties and play at a high level. 100% delusional.

Went back and found this gem. Clearly, your reading and comprehension skills have not improved. I never said that he could come back and play at a high level dumbass. I said that he had no reason to think he couldn't do it. I and pretty much everyone else knew, but a great player like Kobe always thinks they have one more great season until they try and find out they don't.

That's how I know you've never played anything more strenuous than a Playstation.

This kind of idiocy and making shit up is why everyone on this board laughs at you and thinks you're a moron.

Last edited:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to take sides, but Kobe did come back from the Achilles tear and returned to the same level of play as before. In fact he returned back to his same level of play the second time he returned from surgery as well as last year, so I can see why he thought he could. If you want to argue He was in denial - I will agree if he thought he was going to come back and be the same as if he was 30 years old, but...

I never heard any one say Kobe thought that. Personally I was hoping that Kobe and the Lakers would settle for half of that 25 million a year and gave the Lakers breathing space to sign some serious talent and I still think that they could have. Players like Howard, Chris Paul and Aldridge would have to pretty stupid to not know that Kobe's contract would prevent the Lakers from loading up, and that may have affected their decision when considering Kobe's age and injuries. Kobe, however took the 50 million for two years and so would any one else.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that. But when Kobe is in the game, he still thinks he's the man. He wants a lot of shots. That disrupts the offense and mainly other younger talented played from developing or coming into their own. Getting experience

Just my opinion tho

Oh yeah, you are spot on.

I'm not disputing that.

My only point was that he is still bringing in a ton of money.

Watching him brick all those 3's last night was like watching one of those saw movies.

Disgustingly ridiculous. But, I couldn't turn away from the carnage.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most fans are fans of the game - but there are a lot of player fans my friend. The player fans has their life revolve around one player. I was saying Kobe was finished two years ago as a player, but he came back and gave it a try and I think he will always be respected for that and he will always be remembered for it.

I can dig that.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirk has ALWAYS been a liability on defense. My goodness...do you even watch basketball??

Yes I have season tickets to the Mavs - 11 rows off court actually. Dirk has went from being able to at least guard a big man, to mine as well be in a wheelchair. He can barely move.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it doesn't, but it does warrant your new nick name- CAPTAIN OBVIOUS.

Kobe has BEEN past his prime. :scratch:

:L That's what I have been saying there ma'am. He should have hung it up a few years ago and yes he's not the black mamba anymore. More like the little garner snake.

LEAVE KOBE ALONE!!

jimmies rustled.gif