• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe just retired lol

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God you guys are sensitive. Take of the Kobe Goggles and realize reality.
Who's sensitive? And who has goggles on? That comment only makes sense if I had said Kobe is playing at a hight level now and shouldn't retire.

:dunce: Maybe you want to trade this cap in for a "thinking" cap.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LAD! How have you been? Kobina Smushelle is adorable!
Hey now JC!!!! I'm doing well, how about yourself?
Thanks!
I see your boys seem to be having a better season than last year so far.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey now JC!!!! I'm doing well, how about yourself?
Thanks!
I see your boys seem to be having a better season than last year so far.

I'm doing well. The Knicks really couldn't do any worse than last year but at least there's a couple of guys (Galloway and K.P.) to root for. They don't have their pick this year, and didn't protect it like your Lakers so they'd better win a few games.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm doing well. The Knicks really couldn't do any worse than last year but at least there's a couple of guys (Galloway and K.P.) to root for. They don't have their pick this year, and didn't protect it like your Lakers so they'd better win a few games.
I hear ya.

I think you know how hard it's been for me to watch the Lakers lose and now Kobe is retireing.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya.

I think you know how hard it's been for me to watch the Lakers lose and now Kobe is retireing.

At least KObe gave you a whole buncha rings. All the Knicks have given me is heartburn

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if anyone- including Kobe- thought he was going to play at a "high level" after achilees surgery and major shoulder surgery...they must have been drinking a LOT of the Kobe purple and gold kool-aid. ESpecially since he has more miles on him than a poor mans toyota camry

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least your not the NEts who have traded their next 2 eligible tradeable #1s totally unprotected PLUS the right to switch with them in the years they have their pick

think about that

This year- the Nets suck and the Celtics get their pick
Say next year the Nets suck- which is likely- and the Celtics get like the 6 seed- get to SWITCH picks- and the Nets get like pick 20
The NEXT year- the Celtics get the Nets pick unprotected
the NEXT year the Celts get to switch again

in the next FOUR YEARS- the highest the Nets likely pick is like 15. And they only get that TWICE. DISASTER....

now the Lakers still owe very LIGHTLY protected picks to the Sixers and Magic- but at least in the off years they dont have to switch picks.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His last frame of reference was his last full season when he played at a high enough level to singlehandedly drag that Dwightmare disaster team to the playoffs when everyone had written the Lakers off and were laughing because they weren't going to make the playoffs.

So yeah, he had reason to believe that he could still play at a high level. So laugh all you want, it just further shows the stupidity of your posts.
EXACTLY- his last frame of reference was like 2-3 years ago- PRE major achilees and shoulder surgery....

if you thought- or he thought- hed play a high level after adding a couple years and a couple major surgeries- then I dont know what totell ya....You should probably trade for Embiid! lol.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a general matter- its a shame that Kobe could not have an extended end of career run like Duncan- into his late 30's while still being a very good- if not great player.

I- as well as many NBA fans- always regret that we never got to see a near-in-their-prime LeBron/Kobe Finals. That would have been fun.

Kobe will go down as, likely, a top 10 player of all time. In his era- Tim Duncan and him were the two best players- where I personally- give a little edge to Duncan because of longevity. It will be a long time before we see a player- if EVER- with his intensity and will to win. He was a lot of fun to root for- and against- depending on the circumstances.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should however play less minutes, take less shots and help grow the kids that are there and will be there going forward.

Agree. It's going to be an interesting balance. I heard Reggie Miller on Dan Patrick today and he made a good point when DP said basically the same thing.

He said that it's Kobe's last season and people, especially on the road, are not going to want to pay to see him playing only 15-20 minutes per game. It's easy to say, "too bad, they have young guys to develop" but the business side always has to be considered.

Ideally, he will play 25-30 minutes per game, but spend more of his time as a facilitator rather than trying to be the scorer he used to be.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least your not the NEts who have traded their next 2 eligible tradeable #1s totally unprotected PLUS the right to switch with them in the years they have their pick

think about that

This year- the Nets suck and the Celtics get their pick
Say next year the Nets suck- which is likely- and the Celtics get like the 6 seed- get to SWITCH picks- and the Nets get like pick 20
The NEXT year- the Celtics get the Nets pick unprotected
the NEXT year the Celts get to switch again

in the next FOUR YEARS- the highest the Nets likely pick is like 15. And they only get that TWICE. DISASTER....

now the Lakers still owe very LIGHTLY protected picks to the Sixers and Magic- but at least in the off years they dont have to switch picks.

Couldn't agree more. The Nets put themselves in hell for a minimum of the next 5 years. The owner wanted to make a splash to open the new arena and just killed the team. From what I heard they're not drawing well either.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't agree more. The Nets put themselves in hell for a minimum of the next 5 years. The owner wanted to make a splash to open the new arena and just killed the team. From what I heard they're not drawing well either.
how teams trade totally unprotected picks is beyond me- ESPECIALLY after the Cavs got that #1 overall pick from the Clippers. You GOTTA protect yourself- because NO TEAM- absolutely NO TEAM - no matter how good they are--- is immune from going in the tank. The Cavs have Bron leave and go in the tank- the Nets get that old core together and in a couple years go in the tank- the Lakers have this core of howard/kobe/nash thats suppose to be amazing and go in the tank, the Heat have Bron and are in the Finals- and go in the tank. The Pacers go from being the 2nd best team in the East- to losing some guys in FA - then George gets hurt- and they NEARLY go in the tank (but somehow make the playoffs- credit to them)-...Portland goes from Western contender to in the tank in no time....

trading unprotected picks is just 100% bad business.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EXACTLY- his last frame of reference was like 2-3 years ago- PRE major achilees and shoulder surgery....

if you thought- or he thought- hed play a high level after adding a couple years and a couple major surgeries- then I dont know what totell ya....You should probably trade for Embiid! lol.

Spoken like someone who has never played anything more strenuous than a Playstation.

It doesn't matter that it was 2-3 years ago. Do you honestly think that I guy with that kind of confidence and success throughout his career thought he couldn't still play at a high level?

All of these guys who feel they had a career potentially cut short try to come back. Do you think Magic or MJ thought they would be the average players they proved to be when they made their come backs?

Do you think OJ Simpson thought he'd end his career sitting by himself on the end of the 49ers bench? That Namath thought he'd spend his last season throwing bad passes and being sacked on the Rams? Willie Mays, barely able to run? Ali retiring on his stool in the 10th round vs. his old sparring partner Larry Holmes?

Sometimes, the thing that makes these guys so great, ends up biting them in the ass. So, you should probably stfu and quit spouting shit that you know nothing about. But, of course, we all know you won't.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how teams trade totally unprotected picks is beyond me- ESPECIALLY after the Cavs got that #1 overall pick from the Clippers. You GOTTA protect yourself- because NO TEAM- absolutely NO TEAM - no matter how good they are--- is immune from going in the tank. The Cavs have Bron leave and go in the tank- the Nets get that old core together and in a couple years go in the tank- the Lakers have this core of howard/kobe/nash thats suppose to be amazing and go in the tank, the Heat have Bron and are in the Finals- and go in the tank. The Pacers go from being the 2nd best team in the East- to losing some guys in FA - then George gets hurt- and they NEARLY go in the tank (but somehow make the playoffs- credit to them)-...Portland goes from Western contender to in the tank in no time....

trading unprotected picks is just 100% bad business.

I agree. I still can't believe who the Knicks traded their pick for this year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoken like someone who has never played anything more strenuous than a Playstation.

It doesn't matter that it was 2-3 years ago. Do you honestly think that I guy with that kind of confidence and success throughout his career thought he couldn't still play at a high level?

All of these guys who feel they had a career potentially cut short try to come back. Do you think Magic or MJ thought they would be the average players they proved to be when they made their come backs?

Do you think OJ Simpson thought he'd end his career sitting by himself on the end of the 49ers bench? That Namath thought he'd spend his last season throwing bad passes and being sacked on the Rams? Willie Mays, barely able to run? Ali retiring on his stool in the 10th round vs. his old sparring partner Larry Holmes?

Sometimes, the thing that makes these guys so great, ends up biting them in the ass. So, you should probably stfu and quit spouting shit that you know nothing about. But, of course, we all know you won't.
hey...say whatever you want...levy whatever insults you want (especially when I GUARANTEE You i was a more successful high school athlete than you were)...

what it boils down to is you are trying to convince us that a guy with a MILLION miles on his odometer- with Achilles surgery (perhaps the most devastating basketball injury you can get), and major should surgery- could come back in his mid thirties and play at a high level. 100% delusional.

to quote the great Jack Nicholson- "Sell crazy somewhere else- were all stocked up here".

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. They traded a #1 for an often injured bust. Fantastic!
at least you didnt draft Anthony Bennett #1 overall....and Dion Waiters #4 overall.....Oladipo and Drummond instead?

I wonder if they would have had to give up 2 major prospects to get Love- or if they couldve kept the other guy- and just given up Wiggins...salary wise im not sure how it wouldve gone.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least you didnt draft Anthony Bennett #1 overall....and Dion Waiters #4 overall.....

I would have liked to have that option. At least K.P. looks like he may be a player and he's only 20. If they're gonna suck I might as well have a young guy to watch grow.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. They traded a #1 for an often injured bust. Fantastic!
the worst knicks moves to me- were when they had that big trade with Houston to clear cap space - that they never used. and gave up a ton of assets....that was the high tide mark of their incompetence in my opinion.