• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin Love opts out of contract

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is very tough for me to say being a Celtics fan but due to the over the top tanking tactics of the 76ers over the last several years I'd rather see him in L.A. than Philly. For your Lakers I think it'll come down to what their first priority is. If they can't pull off a trade for Cousins where do you think they should start, the back court or the front court? Both Russell & Okafor were excellent in college. Oh yeah...has Randle fully recovered yet?

Personally, I prefer Russell, but not by enough that I would be upset if they got Okafor. There are also bigs like Love and Aldridge who are rumored to want to be in LA and they are unrestricted, so it may be easier to get a big through FA than a guard of SF.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the Cavs bench is awful. They better do something about it. As far as Kyrie, limit the amount of minutes & games he'll play next regular season so he can be healthier heading into the playoffs. Also it might not be a bad idea to wrap Kyrie up in bubble wrap before games to avoid any further injuries next season.

Be careful with that. Miami did that with Wade, and I'm sure that's one of the things that made Lebron disgruntled enough to want to leave. Also, sad that you have to say that about Kyrie while he's still in his early-to-mid 20's.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I am just saying that facts. I have already said I wont bash him. I wish him the best wherever he goes, he doesnt make or break this team.
I'm sure it won't since you have no problem following him even when it means switching teams. :nod:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, if we're talking about all nba fans, collectively.

Individually, though, it depends on the person. For me personally... saying someone chose money over winning is just an observation... absolutely not a criticism.
I think it becomes a "bash" when said player says to the media they just want to "win" then bolts to the team of the highest bidder regardless of that teams' status or ability to win.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isnt a superstar player. He is an all-star lol. It's all a business, but when a player like Kobe aging takes more money after being injured the last 2 years when the team is trying to rebuild that is a totally different situation.
For Love it is simple. You stay in Cleveland to win, nothing else. You can go to your home state and make more money as a business decision or other places if you want to be "the main guy".
I'm pretty sure Kobe's situation is different since A) That was the team's first offer and B) He never negotiated to try and get more. And for the record, that wasn't the max they could've offered him.

If your boss came to you and said that he/she wanted to give you a raise of 'x' amount, and it's significantly more than what you're currently making are you going to turn it down citing the reason as saving the company money so they can spend that savings on other employees? No, most people in their right mind are not gonna do that and basketball players aren't any different.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying in the weak east playing with the best player in the world, and possibly another up-and-coming superstar this isnt the BEST place to win, especially when he is already here and found a groove in his role with the team. Sure, other places you can win, but is it the best chance to win a championship.
That would be a negative. If he wanted the BEST chance at winning he'd probably be looking at the CURRENT champs since they have the most COMPLETE team at the moment. Also, they're looking to move Lee which would open up the perfect spot for Love.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm sure there would be many reasons: role, money, destination, winning, organization, etc...it just wouldnt make sense from my perspective. You have the best player getting you the ball and open looks, why make it harder on yourself to prove you can be a number 1 guy. He has already proved that, if that is his reasoning. :noidea:
Because the Warriors just showed the basketball world that it takes MORE than just having the best player in the world to win.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be careful with that. Miami did that with Wade, and I'm sure that's one of the things that made Lebron disgruntled enough to want to leave. Also, sad that you have to say that about Kyrie while he's still in his early-to-mid 20's.

No doubt Always Injury Irving has injury issues. And I only expect them to get worse. He's been injured in some way each year of his career. He only played in 11 games while @ dook & only played 3 games his sr. year in HS. I'll be surprised if he's still in the league playing @ the same level by the time he's 30.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree & was thinking the same thing about Love & the Lakers. And speaking of Cousins the Kings would be crazy to trade him unless they get a lot in return. He's a damn good player & the best 5 in the game right now. Also I can't imagine current Kings GM Vlade Divac wants to do any favors for the Lakers. I think The Draft could be interesting tonight. Although I might throw something @ my tv set if the Philadelphia Tankers take Russell.:gaah:
Yea i said the same thing about this trade, but their new coach Karl wants Cousins gone.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I prefer Russell, but not by enough that I would be upset if they got Okafor. There are also bigs like Love and Aldridge who are rumored to want to be in LA and they are unrestricted, so it may be easier to get a big through FA than a guard of SF.

Of course I'm a bit biased but I like Russell over Okafor as well. Not that Ohio State has any type of solid draft history but for the CBB powerhouse Coach K has turned his program into not many of his former players have gone on to have good/great NBA careers. The closest I can remember was Grant Hill. He was exciting to watch & could do a little of everything on the floor until the injury bug got him.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea i said the same thing about this trade, but their new coach Karl wants Cousins gone.

I hope Karl decides to trade Cousins to an E conference team. I wouldn't mind seeing Boogie in Celtics green!:hope:

:lol:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Karl decides to trade Cousins to an E conference team. I wouldn't mind seeing Boogie in Celtics green!:hope:

:lol:
One would have to think they wouldn't trade him within the same division. But stranger things have happened.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One would have to think they wouldn't trade him within the same division. But stranger things have happened.

No doubt stranger things have happened. This isn't strange, more of a wasted draft pick. The idiot Cavs wasted a high 1st round pick on DeSagana Diop back in '01. The funny thing is when he & Melo were in HS @ Oak Hill Academy they played St. Vincent's St. Mary's & this punk HS kid named LeBron James.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt stranger things have happened. This isn't strange, more of a wasted draft pick. The idiot Cavs wasted a high 1st round pick on DeSagana Diop back in '01. The funny thing is when he & Melo were in HS @ Oak Hill Academy they played St. Vincent's St. Mary's & this punk HS kid named LeBron James.
Well if Love leaves that would resemble another wasted #1 pick since they traded Wiggins to get him.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if Love leaves that would resemble another wasted #1 pick since they traded Wiggins to get him.

I can't disagree w/ that. Personally I thought the Cavs were crazy to deal for Love since they had no guarantee he'd stick around for more than a year. Irving & Wiggins could have been a helluva 1-2 back court combo for many years.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't disagree w/ that. Personally I thought the Cavs were crazy to deal for Love since they had no guarantee he'd stick around for more than a year. Irving & Wiggins could have been a helluva 1-2 back court combo for many years.
And clearly Wiggins would've been more help than Love in these past Finals.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And clearly Wiggins would've been more help than Love in these past Finals.

Sure, but...

1) Hindsight isn't really a fair evaluation, especially when a fluke injury is involved

2) Do the Cavs go 33-3 in their Final 36 games, climbing out of a losing record all the way to the #2 seed, positioning themselves to make a run to the Finals.... if they have Wiggins instead of Love???

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but...

1) Hindsight isn't really a fair evaluation, especially when a fluke injury is involved

2) Do the Cavs go 33-3 in their Final 36 games, climbing out of a losing record all the way to the #2 seed, positioning themselves to make a run to the Finals.... if they have Wiggins instead of Love???
You're right hindsight isn't fair to evaluate but my point was regardless of what happened they would've had options. Even if Love doesn't get hurt Wiggins off the bench for Kyrie would've done wonders in relation to helping Kyrie stay healthy. I don't think we need hindsight to see that. Also, didn't the Cavs turn around their losing streak before the AS break?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, starting in January. Why?
Because your post made it seem like they were losing all season and just prior to the postseason became the #2 seed.