• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin Love opts out of contract

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

On a lighter note, those are definitely plugs in the front. Without them his hairline lines up wih the tip of his ears! :lol:

By the start of next season LeBron will be using a magic marker to fill in his hairline.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how players change their tune. He's headed either to Miami or LA. I doubt Love will return to Cleveland.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how players change their tune. He's headed either to Miami or LA. I doubt Love will return to Cleveland.
Love has yet to change his tune. Its possible he leaves... but there's no more reason to suspect that now than there has been all season long.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK gordontrue. I think he has learned his lesson to zip it when it comes to his plans. So, I guess we really won't know until the transaction actually occurs.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK gordontrue. I think he has learned his lesson to zip it when it comes to his plans. So, I guess we really won't know until the transaction actually occurs.
Yeah, I agree. We'll see.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love has yet to change his tune. Its possible he leaves... but there's no more reason to suspect that now than there has been all season long.

He's really in a great situation.
If he's not really sure what he wants to do, he has the total powder to take another whole season to figure it out.
As long he demands a no trade clause or is willing to possibly end up finishing the season on another team.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the circus begins!!!!!

Because of the jump in cap next year, I can't figure why ANY player would sign a long term deal now that didn't have to for other reasons.

If I were Love, I'd sign for one year. The team and chemistry is there to win the title. If for some reason things change or it doesn't happen, then Love can sign a big contract elsewhere.

But the Cavs will do whatever is necessary to keep this team together since they are soooooo close to a title just the way it is.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the circus begins!!!!!

Because of the jump in cap next year, I can't figure why ANY player would sign a long term deal now that didn't have to for other reasons.

If I were Love, I'd sign for one year. The team and chemistry is there to win the title. If for some reason things change or it doesn't happen, then Love can sign a big contract elsewhere.

But the Cavs will do whatever is necessary to keep this team together since they are soooooo close to a title just the way it is.
I hear ya but am not sure Love & LBJ opting out for more money is gonna help their bench get better next season. Clearly that is their weakness and with Kyrie constantly getting hurt they're gonna need a bench.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya but am not sure Love & LBJ opting out for more money is gonna help their bench get better next season. Clearly that is their weakness and with Kyrie constantly getting hurt they're gonna need a bench.

Yeah the Cavs bench is awful. They better do something about it. As far as Kyrie, limit the amount of minutes & games he'll play next regular season so he can be healthier heading into the playoffs. Also it might not be a bad idea to wrap Kyrie up in bubble wrap before games to avoid any further injuries next season.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something else...

If the Lakers were to be able to work out a trade for Cousins (giving up their second round pick and Randle) and were able to convince Love to play for them, Bryant's final year could be interesting with a team which included Cousins, Love, Bryant, and Clarkson.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something else...

If the Lakers were to be able to work out a trade for Cousins (giving up their second round pick and Randle) and were able to convince Love to play for them, Bryant's final year could be interesting with a team which included Cousins, Love, Bryant, and Clarkson.

Call me crazy, but I don't think that's quite enough to get Cousins from SAC

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cavs never pulled the trigger on that trade, they would have never had to make the moves to create the cap space in the first place. This means they would have had Jarrett Jack, Tyler Zeller, Anthony Bennett and Andrew Wiggins instead of Kevin Love.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cavs never pulled the trigger on that trade, they would have never had to make the moves to create the cap space in the first place. This means they would have had Jarrett Jack, Tyler Zeller, Anthony Bennett and Andrew Wiggins instead of Kevin Love.

If I am correct, they made the Jack deal to clear up space for Lebron. Either way I dont think they would have all those players.

Bennett sucks too. Twolves are about to trash him.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now all the Knicks and especially Lakers fans will be falsely thinking "He's done in Cleveland and coming to our big media market team!" ESPN and other media outlets made this seem like huge news and as if the Cavs gave up their #1 draft pick for nothing.

Wrong, he did it to get a bigger contract and the Cavs knew that, and he's going to re-sign for more money with the Cavs. People just want to believe no one would want to play for the Cavs and everyone just wants to play for a big media market team like the Knicks or Lakers or even the Celtics. How many playoff games did these teams big market teams win last season? That's right: zero. If he wants to win a championship, Cleveland is one of his best options.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something else...

The only problem here is Vlade Divac being the VP of basketball operations. There's no way he's gonna help the Lakers after A) He was traded FROM the Lakers for a HS kid better known as Kobe and B) Being beat by said HS kid and Shaq, with the help of Big Shot Bob! Although that would be a nice squad, it ain't happening! :happyshake:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That might have helped in the Finals...at least Jack & Wiggins could've helped put points on the score board for them.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now all the Knicks and especially Lakers fans will be falsely thinking "He's done in Cleveland and coming to our big media market team!" ESPN and other media outlets made this seem like huge news and as if the Cavs gave up their #1 draft pick for nothing.

Wrong, he did it to get a bigger contract and the Cavs knew that, and he's going to re-sign for more money with the Cavs. People just want to believe no one would want to play for the Cavs and everyone just wants to play for a big media market team like the Knicks or Lakers or even the Celtics. How many playoff games did these teams big market teams win last season? That's right: zero. If he wants to win a championship, Cleveland is one of his best options.

Yeah, we will see what KLove is all about. He says the most important thing to him is winning. If he stays it will be, if he leaves he just cares about money. The thing is even if he signs a 1 yr with the Cavs he can still make a lot of money staying with the Cavs and signing long-term next year with them.