• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin Love opts out of contract

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

And the Cavs made their run WITHOUT Love.

Nice comparison though. The Wolves were expected to do so much.:nono:

If we're playing you game, how far did Love ever lead the Wolves?

To go further, how many times did Kyrie lead the Cavs to the playoffs in years where the bottom of the East was pretty bad?

Further than 16 wins with much better stats

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Further than 16 wins with much better stats
At the end of the day does it really matter the point where you lost, or just the fact that you didn't win???

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. They had Love in hand... and the potential for Love & Wiggins in the bush.

Looking back on the trade now... I can agree with you guys. To the people who didn't like the trade back then... I give them their props.

But rewinding to that day.... I think they made a move that most GM's would've.

Even though I told you so. I have far too much class to ever say I told you so. :whistle:

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though I told you so. I have far too much class to ever say I told you so. :whistle:

Assuming they sign him or do a sign and trade that is still better than having wiggins

As of now wiggins could still be a bust

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming they sign him or do a sign and trade that is still better than having wiggins

You just don't get it.
There has never before been a precedent where an owner has given total power of a team to a player.

The player is only thinking of his best interest, which is to try to win now at any future cost.

Cavs fans are so locked into the hope that James might deliver a title, that they are willing to overlook the long term damage that will be left behind in the rubble.

Of course we don't KNOW how a Wiggins carreer will end up, but we do know what every single 'expert' thought of him.
Many went as far as to say that he was considered the best prospect since James.

You simply don't give up all of the pluses in the scenario that Wiggins brought to the Cavs for a player with the resume of Love who is now going to be asked to reinvent his game as the 3rd wheel.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just don't get it.
There has never before been a precedent where an owner has given total power of a team to a player.

The player is only thinking of his best interest, which is to try to win now at any future cost.

Cavs fans are so locked into the hope that James might deliver a title, that they are willing to overlook the long term damage that will be left behind in the rubble.

Of course we don't KNOW how a Wiggins carreer will end up, but we do know what every single 'expert' thought of him.
Many went as far as to say that he was considered the best prospect since James.

You simply don't give up all of the pluses in the scenario that Wiggins brought to the Cavs for a player with the resume of Love who is now going to be asked to reinvent his game as the 3rd wheel.

gilbert is laughing all the way to the bank and his team is good now

I doubt he cares

And between irving love tt they are all much younger than lebron

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I doubt he cares

Yah I do not understand the criticism of Gilbert. He just succesfully courted the best NBA player since Michael Jordan to rejoin his team after a very contentious breakup. ---and the last thing Gilbert cares about is spending money well into the luxury tax- Gilbert is obsessed with bringing Cleveland its first championship in a long time- and by swallowing some major pride (something billionaries are loath to do- especially SELF MADE billionaires) and spending a bunch of cash- on what has been speculated will be the highest expenditure on player salaries in NBA history for the upcoming season- Gilbert is giving the Cavs the best chance he can to be successful and I applaud him for it.

Who ever said as a fan- YA know- all this winning is great but our owner had to really give the best player in the world just a ton of power in the organization and i just dont know if it was worth it...lol....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wiggins season would have been a lot different on the Cavs- in a way the best thing the CAvs could have ever done for the kid is to trade im to a team with a pass-first point guard that needed a feature scorer.

On the Cavs he would have been at the best the 3rd option offensively- likely lower on a lot of nights- and would not have gotten nearly the same amount of playing time to develop. He would have looked great in transition, and would likely have played at least decent defense his first year.

I really do think Wiggins can be a very good player- and as long as he develops a decent perimeter shot he could become an All-Star. Do I think Wiggins will ever be a top 5 guy in his conference? The chances of that are slim- but his chances are definitely as high as just about anyone that is his age.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be interesting to see how everything goes. Griffin seems confident he can get some things done. Keep hearing on the radio that the Cavs were 34-3 with Love, Kyrie and Bron all together.

If Love leaves it will be for less of a chance to win and less money- it would mean that he just could not take being the 3rd option.

I think I am leaving towards Love staying but by no means is it a slam dunk. Maybe 60%. If they lose Love- they need to make sure Thompson and Shumpert are back - and then I think it would pretty much guarantee they make a move with the Haywood contract.

Next week should be very interesting.....

Honestly...im terrified that the Spurs are going to have a front court of Duncan and Aldridge next year with Kawhi at the 3. That is freaking terrifying.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I doubt he cares

All the way to the bank?
Wasn't Gilbert the biggest opponent to teams being allowed to pay luxury tax during the last CBA lockout?
Hopefully the other owners understand that he's nothing now other than a hypocrite and James' bitch and for the most part quit dealing with him.

News flash.
Gilbert was already worth 4-5 BILLION with or without James.
You think he's doing this for the money?
Obviously he's trying to buy a championship, now, without really considering the long term repercussions.

I personally say sell your soul to the devil if you have to, he didn't need to.

The extra money James generates for him is nothing to sneeze at, but in retrospect, he will be paying a huge chunk of it back to the league in the form of luxury tax.

I read in the local paper last week that Arison made a net profit of over 200M from the 2nd quarter alone from Carnival.

These owners are all doing just fine financially but there is a reason that they all want their teams to still at the end of the day be a profitable business.

And, it makes absolutely no difference what age you are if you're body is made of glass.
You expect Love and especially Kyrie to hold up better moving forward?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah I do not understand the criticism of Gilbert. He just succesfully courted the best NBA player since Michael Jordan to rejoin his team after a very contentious breakup. ---and the last thing Gilbert cares about is spending money well into the luxury tax- Gilbert is obsessed with bringing Cleveland its first championship in a long time- and by swallowing some major pride (something billionaries are loath to do- especially SELF MADE billionaires) and spending a bunch of cash- on what has been speculated will be the highest expenditure on player salaries in NBA history for the upcoming season- Gilbert is giving the Cavs the best chance he can to be successful and I applaud him for it.

Who ever said as a fan- YA know- all this winning is great but our owner had to really give the best player in the world just a ton of power in the organization and i just dont know if it was worth it...lol....

Every single past NBA champion has found a way to accomplish that goal without doing this.
I understand the vision of a championship being the end all, and especially since Clevaland has had such a drought, but trading away years of well earned current assets as well as future ones for the players the Cavs acquired with them is going to end up being a long term disaster IF you don't win pretty damn quick.