• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kellen Moore OC

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make sure you follow DRs orders when you get off of the steroids. My sister quit cold Turkey on her own, she went into septic shock, and it killed her.
Wow, sorry to hear that

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched some dak Mississippi state highlights last night. Dak killed very good SEC defenses when he ran the ball often. I am hoping Moore will dial up more read option and Dak runs more. The way I see it if a coach does not adapt to a players strength then that coach is garbage.

Bama gave him trouble. May have cost him the Heismann in 2014. Still an amazing season

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, sorry to hear that
Thanks. By all accounts the DR told her she'd have to be weened off the medication, but she didn't like the way it made her feel and she was stubborn and just quit.
Miss her badly 20 years later.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched some dak Mississippi state highlights last night. Dak killed very good SEC defenses when he ran the ball often. I am hoping Moore will dial up more read option and Dak runs more. The way I see it if a coach does not adapt to a players strength then that coach is garbage.

Agreed.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. By all accounts the DR told her she'd have to be weened off the medication, but she didn't like the way it made her feel and she was stubborn and just quit.

They do make your body do crazy shit. I too am sorry for your loss and did not express earlier. Could not imagine going through a loss like that.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry to hear Manster.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read this. One of my biggest complaints about Linehan/Garrett for years. Let's hope Moore changes this:

Pre-snap motion is another way to get the job done. Linehan was somewhat notorious for tipping his hand with his personnel and formations. He just did not use motion effectively. Moore can change that by moving players around. It helps force the defense to reveal their coverage, and it can be used to get better matchups.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read this. One of my biggest complaints about Linehan/Garrett for years. Let's hope Moore changes this:

Pre-snap motion is another way to get the job done. Linehan was somewhat notorious for tipping his hand with his personnel and formations. He just did not use motion effectively. Moore can change that by moving players around. It helps force the defense to reveal their coverage, and it can be used to get better matchups.

I hope that I am wrong, but that could be because Dak has a hard time reading the D when they go in motion.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope that I am wrong, but that could be because Dak has a hard time reading the D when they go in motion.
Yes, absolutely wrong IMO. It was totally like that before Dak. One of the main reasons to put guys in motion is to make it easier for the QB to read defenses. So if your QB struggles with that you do more of it, not less. Try it next time you are watching a game. Watch the WR lined up wide with a DB up on him. Watch when that WR goes in motion. Does the DB stay with him or stay in his zone. It's not always that simple, but that is the gist of why they do it

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, absolutely wrong IMO. It was totally like that before Dak. One of the main reasons to put guys in motion is to make it easier for the QB to read defenses. So if your QB struggles with that you do more of it, not less. Try it next time you are watching a game. Watch the WR lined up wide with a DB up on him. Watch when that WR goes in motion. Does the DB stay with him or stay in his zone. It's not always that simple, but that is the gist of why they do it

Romo even commented on in a couple of times in the post season. As the WR went in motion, he would call what kind of scheme the D was playing based on their movement during the motion.

I told my wife, "How would he know? We almost never use motion to detect the defensive scheme."

This is still just Jimmy Johnson's HERE'S WHAT WE'RE GONNA DO - TRY TO STOP US offense we've been running since Garrett became OC. It worked for Jimmy, because we had such freaking awesome players. I think that's the point Garrett doesn't get. He saw it work - he even played in it a few times, but he never actually understood why it worked.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo even commented on in a couple of times in the post season. As the WR went in motion, he would call what kind of scheme the D was playing based on their movement during the motion.

I told my wife, "How would he know? We almost never use motion to detect the defensive scheme."

This is still just Jimmy Johnson's HERE'S WHAT WE'RE GONNA DO - TRY TO STOP US offense we've been running since Garrett became OC. It worked for Jimmy, because we had such freaking awesome players. I think that's the point Garrett doesn't get. He saw it work - he even played in it a few times, but he never actually understood why it worked.
This is the main problem with the offense. Last season Martin had the knee ailment. Smith had the back issue a little. Frederick was out. Knowing all of this the Cowboys continued to run zeke into 8 man fronts even after we got amari. Some people are dumb and cant be fixed. Garrett is a stubborn fool

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the main problem with the offense. Last season Martin had the knee ailment. Smith had the back issue a little. Frederick was out. Knowing all of this the Cowboys continued to run zeke into 8 man fronts even after we got amari. Some people are dumb and cant be fixed. Garrett is a stubborn fool

That's just it... I don't know if it's stubborn, foolish, a combination of the two or if it's something else altogether. To me, it's almost as though he is wearing self-inflicted blinders.

It's not that his system can't work, but it requires dominant players across the board, which means it requires a non-salary cap era (or dominant players who are willing to play for less than the market says they are worth).

As I said before, it's almost as though he's not actually as smart as he is made out to be since he seems to be missing the reason for the Cowboy's success in the 90's. What do I know, though. I'm just a guy who watches from my living room chair. I'm smart enough to know that my answer is too simplistic, but I'm not dumb enough to not know that the same predictable system year after year isn't getting us anywhere.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree with you that the numbers are sky high compared to what most people think. I've always said it and still believe it. I know so many kids in College that took them to try to get bigger, stronger and faster just for a chance or even just to be better at that level knowing that was it for them. Heck, I know tons of guys that took them to hit a softball over the fence or look better at the gym/beach. Most people have no idea how rampant it was IMO. The only thing I disagree with is I think a lot of them are still taking something in the PED category. There are so many things you can take and it's so hard for the testing technology to keep up.
Yeah it's crazy. My son plays college baseball, played for a couple of different schools, he said there might have been 3-4 guys at each school not doing it. In baseball. I asked him about the football guys, he just laughed

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you read "multiple" read it as less predictable and less likely teams know what we are doing based on the formation and pre-snap movement. I mean even us fans knew when the WR came down in motion and sat on the outside shoulder of the OT what was going to happen almost every single time, so obviously the defense did too. I said it the other day and I'll say it again. I'm warming to Kellen Moore as OC. I can't admit I think he was the best choice, but I'm no longer banging my head against the wall until I pass out thinking about it AND am actually thinking he can do some good things if Garrett lets him AND I'm even a little excited to see what he changes and how this Offense looks. :hope::hope::hope:

“Multiple” and “collaborative”: The 2 key words Kellen Moore uses that describe his approach as new Cowboys offensive coordinator - Jon Machota, SportsDay
Kellen Moore sheds some light on what Cowboys’ fans should - and shouldn’t - expect from the rookie offensive coordinator’s first go round in 2019.

The plan is for Moore to add some creativity and, hopefully, to fix the team’s problems in the red zone. Dallas went from being one of the league’s best scoring teams in the red zone in 2016 and 2017 to one of the worst in 2018.

The solution could be as simple as some minor tweaks combined with a new weapon in rookie running back Tony Pollard and the return of veteran Pro Bowlers Travis Frederick and Jason Witten.

”I think the beauty of our current roster is we have a lot of versatility,” Moore said. “We have guys that can kind of line up in a lot of different places.

”Hopefully we can be multiple and present things in different ways, and at the end of the day, still have our foundation and our philosophy. You can run similar plays, just out of a lot of different looks.”

And something that has the players most excited is the belief that Moore will be open to utilizing some of their suggestions.

”At the end of the day, work together with everyone,” Moore said. “I think that includes the coaching staff, obviously coach Garrett and the rest of the staff. I think you also got to get some input from the players. It doesn’t mean you have to go down those roads all the time, but I think it’s important that when a player believes in something and they’re pretty [convinced] on it, usually they find a way to make it work.

”I think it’s a collaborative effort. It includes everyone. That’s part of this thing. We just got to get on the field together and start doing stuff, and then things evolve and take it where you want to take it at that point.”

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More reason for hope. Hopefully it's not just lip service

"As has been speculated, the Cowboys will still look like the Cowboys when it comes to many of their plays. Certainly Moore will add some new plays to the mix, but you can expect the majority of the offense to look the same post-snap. It’s pre-snap that seems to be getting a lot of the attention. Moving players around, pre-snap motion, formations that disguise intent. This is where the Cowboys hope to improve their production, by causing confusion among the defense and opening up their playmakers to more opportunities."