• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kellen Moore OC

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a little food for thought amongst the Cowboy faithful . Lots of the pundits are speculating that Kellen Moore could be elevated to OC and John Kitna brought in as QB coach.
This is not some ramblings brought in by Joe Cowboys fan from eastern southern New Zealand it is being reported by several sources with alleged inside information.

Just thought I would throw this out. My take is he is nowhere ready for that yet. Who knows what may happen

Thoughts ?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I offer say "Never say never when it comes to the NFL", but I'm saying it here, because it can't happen if Dallas thinks they have a shot at a SB.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am saying it better not be true. But often coupled with that rumor is Garrett calling his own plays again.
So I ask. Why the fuck would we go back to that!

Neither of these rumors should be true, but the longer I go without hearing anything. The more scared I get to these rumors.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am saying it better not be true. But often coupled with that rumor is Garrett calling his own plays again.
So I ask. Why the fuck would we go back to that!

Neither of these rumors should be true, but the longer I go without hearing anything. The more scared I get to these rumors.
If the plan was for Red to call the plays, why bother letting go of Linehan?

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn’t you guys kinda want a fresh young guy instead of a rerun 60 yr old on his 5th OC job?

Moore might be the next young gun hire for someone.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn’t you guys kinda want a fresh young guy instead of a rerun 60 yr old on his 5th OC job?

Edit: using Sean McVay as example... I was sure glad to see him leave DC

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making a wholesale change in offensive scheme probably isn't the answer, so keeping most of the philosophy and basic plays does make sense. I think what I was hoping for was borrowing some of the misdirection that the Chiefs, Rams, etc. use where there are layers built upon one simple play, but each opens up the next. We have a couple plays that look similar, disguised like that, but the defense only has to follow one or two keys - blocking and following the H back (TE) that gives away the play. If Moore can install some of that, then we could be making a good choice. If not, we wasted another year of football. We have to be less predictable - which comes back to scouting our own tendencies.

Also laying in the balance is the maturation of Dak. Who is leading this development? I don't see Garrett being able to dole out any more knowledge than he already has. I've never known of Kitna being this QB guru type of guy. Does Moore have a wealth of knowledge? He's pretty much followed Linehan around the league.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, that is absolutely what I want. Just not Moore. He has one year of coaching experience at any level and it was a year that in my opinion in which he did very poorly. I'm fine with the TE coach even though I never remember his name. He has more experience and his group performed well above expectations by the end of the year. What has Kellen Moore ever done to make anyone think he can be a division III OC, let alone an NFL one.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd prefer a fresh idea coach from college over a guy who never ran any offense.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But don’t you want your Qb comfortable. I mean we see all these high flying offenses, high risk high reward. Do we really want that.?? Do we have the QB to do that ?? Brady does fine dinking and dunking his way down the field. I know that’s the new NFL and the rules are tailored to offenses. It was crazy watching that KC game yesterday. As great as Mahomes is, I never trusted him on 3rd and 5. I was worried about him taking a shot. I think you are going to see more 4rth down attempts from now on as well.
Sure our offense needs tweaking, but I wouldn’t change a whole lot. I think Dak being comfortable is important.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making a wholesale change in offensive scheme probably isn't the answer, so keeping most of the philosophy and basic plays does make sense. I think what I was hoping for was borrowing some of the misdirection that the Chiefs, Rams, etc. use where there are layers built upon one simple play, but each opens up the next. We have a couple plays that look similar, disguised like that, but the defense only has to follow one or two keys - blocking and following the H back (TE) that gives away the play. If Moore can install some of that, then we could be making a good choice. If not, we wasted another year of football. We have to be less predictable - which comes back to scouting our own tendencies.
Why not? That's exactly what I'm hoping for and basically what you seem to be looking for too from your comments. I don't care if they keep the same terminology or not. But I want a total overhaul of this offense and the problem there is and has been Garrett. All we have done for years is run his Offense regardless of who the OC is.:2cents:

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well from what I have read Moore has been designing and thinking about football plays since he was in college. I don't know what qualifys him as a OC candidate but if they are keeping Garrett......

Several articles about RED Jesus taking over playcalling again and they say he had some top rated Offenses before Callahan and Linehan took over playcalling so RED could be a walkaround coach. Im not condoning either but something has to change or the Boys are doomed to repeat being Romo playcalling predictable just like its been.

Hey Jerry how about firing the HC and starting over

JMHO